X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by psych View Post

Abraham Lincoln, but I got it only because of both of your clues.
    Bingo. Lincoln was way, way more pro labor than I could have imagined

Leave a comment:

• psych
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

It makes me happy that this was the first guess because it was mine too. But you're about 4,000 miles off and about 9 years difference.
    Abraham Lincoln, but I got it only because of both of your clues.

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied
    I hear ya on avoiding a field that isn't close to being properly marked... You have a legit out here. Hopefully your assignor will back you and not just undercut everyone by putting a body out there.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied

Woof. Screw that. Basically a field full of rakes and you're sideshow bob
    Had a coach last night say “they’re encroaching into the penalty area on the goal kicks!” I replied “I don’t even know where the penalty area is!”

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Carl Marx?
    It makes me happy that this was the first guess because it was mine too. But you're about 4,000 miles off and about 9 years difference.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Without cheating, who said this?

"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration"
    Carl Marx?

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Without cheating, who said this?

"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration"

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Not exactly work but it is soccer refereeing:

I’m about to decline working the rest of the youth indoor season after one day because they’re using the stupidest set up I’ve ever seen.

Anchorage has a large inflated dome with a full size soccer field and a six lane track. The field can be played and is marked as a full field, divided into three thirds or a 2/3rds size with a 1/3rd size field for the youngest age groups. The 2/3rds and 1/3rds setup was used for over decade in this youth league, worked perfectly.

This year? Clubs want to make more money so they switch to dividing it into two fields and use cones for markings. It’s the worst f-ing setup I’ve ever seen, nobody knew what the markings were, even me. I already told the assignor that I’m out. Not enough money to deal with this BS.
    Woof. Screw that. Basically a field full of rakes and you're sideshow bob

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    And the sad part is that your manager will probably get all of their bonuses.
    The layoffs met their Cost Control targets.

Last edited by Kepler; 01-28-2024, 10:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Thought leaders eat last???
    That's accurate, but does not describe managers.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

I could type more, but suffice it to say, I'm more glad to have reached retirement.
    Thought leaders eat last???

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Not exactly work but it is soccer refereeing:

I’m about to decline working the rest of the youth indoor season after one day because they’re using the stupidest set up I’ve ever seen.

Anchorage has a large inflated dome with a full size soccer field and a six lane track. The field can be played and is marked as a full field, divided into three thirds or a 2/3rds size with a 1/3rd size field for the youngest age groups. The 2/3rds and 1/3rds setup was used for over decade in this youth league, worked perfectly.

This year? Clubs want to make more money so they switch to dividing it into two fields and use cones for markings. It’s the worst f-ing setup I’ve ever seen, nobody knew what the markings were, even me. I already told the assignor that I’m out. Not enough money to deal with this BS.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by Markt View Post

I’m half expecting to be no-bonused and put on a PIP this year. My team missed our goals badly. This is after me absolutely crushing all goals for the last 15 years. The misses were caused primarily by a few decisions made by my immediate managers. I argued as loudly as I could against these changes but got overruled. You’d think they’d remember that but so far it looks like they’re going to line up and kick me in the nuts. We’ll see.
    Obviously, you need to have your performance improved!

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    I'm convinced Global Nuclear War could break out and we'd still have to go to work.

"Boss, an airstrike blew up the freeway."

"But you didn't show up for your shift, so I'm going to have to mark you a no call, no show. See that it doesn't happen again."

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by Markt View Post

I’m half expecting to be no-bonused and put on a PIP this year. My team missed our goals badly. This is after me absolutely crushing all goals for the last 15 years. The misses were caused primarily by a few decisions made by my immediate managers. I argued as loudly as I could against these changes but got overruled. You’d think they’d remember that but so far it looks like they’re going to line up and kick me in the nuts. We’ll see.

I could type more, but suffice it to say, I'm more glad to have reached retirement.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X