X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    My firm just gave a bunch of us an equity grant. I mean, cool and all but it won’t vest for years so either fix base salaries or expect a massacre of attrition come late Feb
    Like, okay, here's a bunch of what amounts to deferred comp that varies with the firm's stock performance. You'll get to keep it, IF you slog it out for another 5 years, and don't expect to cash it in until you leave or retire because you are required to maintain stock holdings equivalent to at least 50% (or more in some instances) of your base salary. Meanwhile your best subordinates will continue to leave each year to live the startup dream, or even just move to smaller firms with less middle management that are paying better base salaries.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
    The number floating around is that 25% of our software team (>300 people) has resigned in the last 8 weeks. Disaster is in 3…2….1….

n
    Not clear if it’s mandate related or just part of the great resignation in general. Programmers do tend to be a fiercely independent/libertarian lot.
    developers are highly transient even in normal times. Most of the "Great Resignation" is just people moving jobs, since most things were static for 2020 and half of 2021.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

And what's happening April 29?
    The date that this thread no longer applies.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
    I can't wait until April 29.
    And what's happening April 29?

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    I can't wait until April 29.

Leave a comment:

Working...