X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swansong
    replied
    So this week I've been telling colleagues that I'm leaving. And after shock, the next most common reaction is "good for you, I hope you're going somewhere less insane".

I did not expect that answer over and over. But my god, people are not happy. Epic implementations are never smooth, even when they are smooth. But when one of the big players is coming from one of the first ever home-grown EHRs where they fully owned and could customize to their hearts content ... and expect Epic to bend similarly...

Sorry guys. Epic does not give a crap that you developed your own EHR in the 1970s. They don't care that you really really want it to be one way. It isn't that way. If you're Kaiser, out in CA. Then maybe they'll bend for you. Maybe.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I had to do this for a client project once, to be onboarded to the pass-through company we were subcontracted through, and I had to provide redacted stubs for all my employers for the previous 7 years. Fortunately I was only employed by two companies during that time, but I was absolutely infuriated at the busywork that they should have done themselves by calling the HR departments.
    Exactly! All they need is employment dates. F off with all this.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    New annoyance. The ID vetting company involved, instead of calling HR at my current employer to validate work times, requires me to upload pay stubs and W2s from first and last dates of employment, but also requests that I block out actual salary info.
    I had to do this for a client project once, to be onboarded to the pass-through company we were subcontracted through, and I had to provide redacted stubs for all my employers for the previous 7 years. Fortunately I was only employed by two companies during that time, but I was absolutely infuriated at the busywork that they should have done themselves by calling the HR departments.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Thanks!

New annoyance. the ID vetting company involved, instead of calling HR at my current employer to validate work times, requires me to upload pay stubs and W2s from first and last dates of employment, but also requests that I block out actual salary info. But because my actual employer has been different from the entity paying me (it's confusing, but I've officially worked for parent company, who pays the legacy company, who pays me) and we switched from 15 legacy payroll systems to Workday, I only have some of the paystubbs and no idea how to get older ones.

So... they get what they get.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    good luck kep!

I formally accepted the position today. Documents to be signed in the morning, but we agreed on compensation and start date.
    I'm thrilled for you!

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    \m/

I'm giving a full month notice so hopefully it's less awful. I just filled out the new forms so now it's a matter of notification. As difficult as it will be to tell my boss, it'll be much harder to tell my lead, who I've worked very closely with. He's going to have a lot on his plate now. Between me leaving and whatever the stupid pills make us do as they continue to reorganize...

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Congrats swan

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    good luck kep!

I formally accepted the position today. Documents to be signed in the morning, but we agreed on compensation and start date.
    Congratulations!! Good to hear. Hope the two weeks notice conversation goes well. Let us know of any drama!!!

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Thanks! I've never been so happy to give up so much money.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    good luck kep!

Good luck; they are very lucky to have you and you will slay all dragons!

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    good luck kep!

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Congrats all

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Congratulations to both of you!!!

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    First day of new job. My head is full.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    So they reached out with an unofficial offer and we discussed compensation and timing. Salary-wise, we're right where I expected/hoped for this and it's totally fine. They were hoping I could start in March so I'd be eligible for health insurance on 4/1, but realistically speaking I'm not sure I can do that. It'll suck to have to pay $800-900 for COBRA for the month, but my dad's wedding is right in there and I don't know that I'll have the energy to do the big system upgrade at current job on 3/17, support it all week, be my dad's best man at his wedding on 3/23, and then start the new job 3/25. That's a lot. Plus I have a show 3/29 and I would prefer to be either off altogether or to leave early (as my last day).

But this is good! New job!

And like clockwork, an hour after I talked to HR, current job drops another stupid bomb on me. And I don't care :-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X