Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scarlet
    replied
    Today is my first day back at work since December 16th. I....don't know where to start.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Every time I hire someone from a hospital system their salary is way, way higher than anyone who works in payer/insurance. Maybe I’m just seeing a really skewed piece of data but it’s been really consistent the last few years to the point we all joke we should have worked in a health system
    I have found this to be the opposite. I know a bunch of case managers, for example, that jumped from clinical to payer and got enormous salary bumps.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post

Certainly agree and I know administrators are having significant issues with this and trying their best to help. I can tell you what frustrates most of us clinicians is the conversation often goes like this. (Don't take this the wrong way, I know we are all on the same team and drowning)

Clinicians: We are burning out
    Admin: What can we do to help?
    Clinicians: We need more people in support roles, less administrative tasks, fewer patients
    Admin: We cannot do any of these. Do you want head a project looking into solutions for burnout?
    Clinicians: So you want us to take on more administrative responsibilities?
    Admin: Yes
    Clinicians: ...........
    Admin: Have you tried yoga?
    Yeah, as an EHR person I feel bad any time CMS or someone else requires more documentation. It means I need to build the tools, and then I get the fun job of explaining to overworked clinical staff "hey it's just a few extra clicks"...

And yes, I've tried yoga.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Then get used to low retention.

You can fool yourselves, but you can't fool your employees.

Fire some middle level management, or better still cut the CEO's compensation by 90%.
    I'm middle management! I can't speak for everyone, but our problem is that I'm responsible for too much.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Money and benefits are pretty low hanging fruit, but despite what the derps keep saying, hospital systems have been pounded financially by Covid and the money simply isn't there.
    Every time I hire someone from a hospital system their salary is way, way higher than anyone who works in payer/insurance. Maybe I’m just seeing a really skewed piece of data but it’s been really consistent the last few years to the point we all joke we should have worked in a health system

Leave a comment:

• WisconsinWildcard
    replied

Money and benefits are pretty low hanging fruit, but despite what the derps keep saying, hospital systems have been pounded financially by Covid and the money simply isn't there.
    Certainly agree and I know administrators are having significant issues with this and trying their best to help. I can tell you what frustrates most of us clinicians is the conversation often goes like this. (Don't take this the wrong way, I know we are all on the same team and drowning)

Clinicians: We are burning out
    Admin: What can we do to help?
    Clinicians: We need more people in support roles, less administrative tasks, fewer patients
    Admin: We cannot do any of these. Do you want head a project looking into solutions for burnout?
    Clinicians: So you want us to take on more administrative responsibilities?
    Admin: Yes
    Clinicians: ...........
    Admin: Have you tried yoga?

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Then get used to low retention.

You can fool yourselves, but you can't fool your employees.

Fire some middle level management, or better still cut the CEO's compensation by 90%.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied

1. More money.
    2. Better benefits.
    3. See 1.
    4. Stop patronizing them with business bullsh-t everyone except MBAs can see through
    5. See 3.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied

There's no exception for legal action? Not doubting, just surprised. I figured it would be one of those "greater good" carve outs.
    You mean like discipline? Nope, because I don't even have to answer the phone if they call.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Holy fucking ****.

https://web.archive.org/web/20211230...g_from_my_bed/

I'd have told them to retain all communications and documents related to this matter, my contract, the firms contracts, and any other info because I'm retaining a lawyer who will be in contact. At a minimum, I'd be suing their as--ses for slander when they told the other company I was holding them hostage. At a minimum.

edit: FB link for photos
    https://www.facebook.com/10000929350...665604753/?d=n
    That is amazing.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    I will never feel the same way again in Kohls.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Unions people. I’m off this week and, per our contract, they can’t contact for me anything.
    There's no exception for legal action? Not doubting, just surprised. I figured it would be one of those "greater good" carve outs.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Holy fucking ****.

https://web.archive.org/web/20211230...g_from_my_bed/

I'd have told them to retain all communications and documents related to this matter, my contract, the firms contracts, and any other info because I'm retaining a lawyer who will be in contact. At a minimum, I'd be suing their as--ses for slander when they told the other company I was holding them hostage. At a minimum.

edit: FB link for photos
    https://www.facebook.com/10000929350...665604753/?d=n
    Unions people. I’m off this week and, per our contract, they can’t contact for me anything.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    my group's project is on Employee Retention.
    1. More money.
    2. Better benefits.
    3. See 1.
    4. Stop patronizing them with business bullsh-t everyone except MBAs can see through
    5. See 3.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    So I am taking an internal leadership course. It's been really interesting; we've had a bunch of speakers from Harvard Medical School, a couple from the UN and a couple of authors. Part of the course is a group project, and my group's project is on Employee Retention.

Considering our hospital hasn't been able to give a normal raise in almost 2 years (some of us did receive these sort-of "retention" raises earlier this year) and hiring is impossible, I think number 1 on our "things to do to make sure our employees don't just quit" is to pay them market rate.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X