Clear All

The jumpseat on the 737 MAX sucks…
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
      The jumpseat on the 737 MAX sucks…
      That bad?

(From my second hand knowledge the jumpseat on any plane usually sucks)
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I'm in.

Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I'm in.

Someone needs to remind management how much it costs to have a big office. We were planning a massive overhaul of our campus- and I'm sure we just saved a billion not doing that. A literal billion dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Someone needs to remind management how much it costs to have a big office. We were planning a massive overhaul of our campus- and I'm sure we just saved a billion not doing that. A literal billion dollars.
            Yup. My company just finished their major overhaul plans and were starting to execute. Have to imagine that it's back to the drawing board.

that said, the only thing worse than a desk or no desk (wfh) is a hotel desk with the expectation to come in regularly.

ish.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Yup. My company just finished their major overhaul plans and were starting to execute. Have to imagine that it's back to the drawing board.

that said, the only thing worse than a desk or no desk (wfh) is a hotel desk with the expectation to come in regularly.

ish.
              I hate the concept of hoteling, especially coming in the middle of a pandemic. But just as bad- the idea of being consider an individual at the office is completely gone- I have no space for "me". Just points out that all workers are a commodity, not something special like they try to tell you. Makes for a great time to retire (along with the trends in the industry).

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

ish.
                We have in our newishly built office buildings two types of floater desks. We have those setup for people who usually WFH or travel, and can then schedule time in the office, those are full on cubicle desks called “flex cubes”. Then we have the impromptu drop-in flex desks which are basically the hotel desks. That was before I took parental leave, just before Covid hit, and I haven’t seen my office building since January 2020. We have been told that things look different these days, but we haven’t been given details or shown images. It’ll be interesting come September to see how things look going forward.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I've gone in to the office a couple times during the pandemic, and I much prefer being there. Completely quiet, no interruptions, I really got a lot done. Now, going back when everyone else is going back as well does not interest me at all. I get more done when no one is around to bother or distract me.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

I miss the interpersonal relationships that existed while going in the office. I was lucky enough to work with several sharp people, non-orcs, and there was a strong dynamic between us all. I also have an extremely easy commute (for now) and working remotely is never going to be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      I miss the interpersonal relationships that existed while going in the office. I was lucky enough to work with several sharp people, non-orcs, and there was a strong dynamic between us all. I also have an extremely easy commute (for now) and working remotely is never going to be the same.
                      When I worked for Centria last year, the relationships were great. And once it was clear that this large mental health firm was going to screw all of its employees over in the heat of COVID, all of us were like "I'm here for you. F them."
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

My work has to start doing this:

Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The hell?
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            My work has to start doing this:

Who would’ve thought that the average wait for a Starbucks was worse on Wednesday than Monday?
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              This. I miss being around the people I like, which is everyone on my direct team. I don't miss the idiots in the next aisle, that I don't actually work with, that sing or whistle or eat loudly or whatever. My team has a few full-time remote employees, plus some offices in other countries, and it's a different dynamic when you are not "in person", and even more different when you have NEVER been "in person" with your co-workers.

My commute isn't easy, though, and I don't miss traffic.

I know I'm not going to like the cube situation, as I don't think we're going to keep our individual cubes if we're not in the office 100% of the time. Fiscally, that makes sense, if someone can use that space when we're not using it - but they haven't closed any other buildings here, so where would "extra" people be coming from?

Comment

Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X