• Show
Clear All

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    I think we did talk about it in the business thread

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Call me surprised that nobody has mentioned that Musk is kind of demanding that his minions return to the office or leave.....

So glad I don't have to worry about this stuff anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    I just passed my second re-certification exam. What an enormous relief.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    I talked to Alpha Omega Ink today after filling out the paperwork.

The woman I interviewed was really impressed with my work ethic, she loved my definition of professionalism, and she was smiling the entire time I was speaking.

After we went over the contract, she went back to talk to the owner. She came out after a few minutes, told me the pictures in my portfolio were dope, and I was told to set up an Alpha Omega Ink Gmail and a Facebook page for my modeling.

I'm over the moon right now.
    Amazing, congrats!

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    I talked to Alpha Omega Ink today after filling out the paperwork.

The woman I interviewed was really impressed with my work ethic, she loved my definition of professionalism, and she was smiling the entire time I was speaking.

After we went over the contract, she went back to talk to the owner. She came out after a few minutes, told me the pictures in my portfolio were dope, and I was told to set up an Alpha Omega Ink Gmail and a Facebook page for my modeling.

I'm over the moon right now.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

It's with a tattoo/piercing parlor, so I'll get tattoo/piercing credit as payment
    Is it transferable? You could sell it and bank actual money that way. And avoid the IRS come to think of it.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied

It's with a tattoo/piercing parlor, so I'll get tattoo/piercing credit as payment, but it's a start towards doing something that I honestly would rather be doing.
    Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Exciting!
    It's with a tattoo/piercing parlor, so I'll get tattoo/piercing credit as payment, but it's a start towards doing something that I honestly would rather be doing.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    New client wanted to conduct a pre-staffing background check. Fine, whatever, I'll pass it no problem, but it's annoying as fuck to jump through the hoops of providing all the info and then have the background check service come back to me and demand that I supply my own evidence (in the form of past W-2s, 1099s, paystubs, etc.) of prior employment. Aren't your people supposed to call my former employers to get that info? How is this not me doing your job?

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    I have an interview for a modeling agency on Tuesday at 1 PM.
    Exciting!

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Congrats
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    I have an interview for a modeling agency on Tuesday at 1 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    So I accepted a new position. Internal, in our new consolidated IT organization. I'll be the EHR manager of portals, mobile devices and telehealth. What makes it strange is that the salary offer came in like 30% over what I wanted.
    Congrats

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Fully remote, though as a manager I'll likely have to go into an office somewhere, at some point, for periodic meetings.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Congrats! Is it a remote or onsite job?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X