X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wolverineTrumpet
    replied
    I want to write back to a customer asking why they have a policy that makes poor business sense and contributes to the destruction of our planet that much faster.

We put some stickers on their product. They want to dual brand it, so we were supposed to ship the stickers separate, so when they decide which brand to put on it, they can put the stickers on. We ask if we can send the decals and for them to hit us with a rework fee. No, they want to return the product and have us remove the stickers, then ship it back with the loose decals. Whatever, but the product is 5' x 4' x 3' so that's a lot of shipping cost and is dumb.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    The changes happening to our department (and overall business unit) are being announced this week apparently. I emailed my manager this morning - she just got back from vacation - to give her an update on my schedule. I told her I was going to be working remotely on Wednesday at my mom's - she's having her washing machine repaired (I hope) after it's been broken for a month - it's a big mess. I need to be there. Was supposed to take Thursday and Friday off to go to the Cape but a) my friend I'm going with has some potential conflicts and b) the weather is supposed to suck. She IMs me and says "I saw your email." Then nothing for a minute. I knew immediately she was IMing me about the changes. I don't think any of the changes would be affecting me personally but her reaching out to me directly while in a meeting learning about the changes now has me a little worried. Hmmmmm.
    Best of luck Scarlet...

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    The changes happening to our department (and overall business unit) are being announced this week apparently. I emailed my manager this morning - she just got back from vacation - to give her an update on my schedule. I told her I was going to be working remotely on Wednesday at my mom's - she's having her washing machine repaired (I hope) after it's been broken for a month - it's a big mess. I need to be there. Was supposed to take Thursday and Friday off to go to the Cape but a) my friend I'm going with has some potential conflicts and b) the weather is supposed to suck. She IMs me and says "I saw your email." Then nothing for a minute. I knew immediately she was IMing me about the changes. I don't think any of the changes would be affecting me personally but her reaching out to me directly while in a meeting learning about the changes now has me a little worried. Hmmmmm.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    link

Good to see the Union President getting out in the media and combating the lies. There aren’t very many part-timers making $20 an hour, I know most are between $15 and $18. And I’m not making $95k as a full timer, in fact with the proposed wage increases I’ll be making roughly $85k and that’ll be in five years. There are drivers making $95k+ but they’re pulling 12+ hours a day. The benefits are good but they don’t mention how the company has tried to take those away the last 15 years.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Jimjamesak - this is an email I got from my main vendor who is my main business partner that works with UPS:

Some potential good news for shipping: The Teamsters and UPS have reached a tentative agreement in a key point of contention in their ongoing contract negotiations, which could ultimately help to avoid a nationwide strike.

I got this email at 5:00pm ET last night. Have you heard anything similar?
    I haven’t heard anything about that yet. Last I knew yesterday negotiations had broken down.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    This isn't directed at you scarlet, but I won't be breaking the union lines by using UPS during any stoppage. I'll send it USPS (or have it shipped via USPS if I have a choice). You'd have to put a gun to my head to get me to use FedEx.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Jimjamesak - this is an email I got from my main vendor who is my main business partner that works with UPS:

Some potential good news for shipping: The Teamsters and UPS have reached a tentative agreement in a key point of contention in their ongoing contract negotiations, which could ultimately help to avoid a nationwide strike.

I got this email at 5:00pm ET last night. Have you heard anything similar?

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    I did not know this:

It may well be Strike Season in this country.
    I'm a Ford shareholder and I fully support the union getting the raises.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    It puts the accusations that UPS is bowing to pressure from other companies to take a harder line than they probably should because they're worried about domino effects in a new light.
    Considering how many unions literally risked their lives during covid, just to keep companies running, they really deserve the raises. Especially since some of the 2008 concessions have not been given back.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

I wonder who they will choose to negotiate with.

But given how large my profit sharing check was for my final 4 months of work, at least Ford is doing really well right now. So they certainly have a point.

I wish them the best, as their work gave me a lot of benefits even though I was salaried.
    It puts the accusations that UPS is bowing to pressure from other companies to take a harder line than they probably should because they're worried about domino effects in a new light.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    I did not know this:

I wonder who they will choose to negotiate with.

But given how large my profit sharing check was for my final 4 months of work, at least Ford is doing really well right now. So they certainly have a point.

I wish them the best, as their work gave me a lot of benefits even though I was salaried.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    I did not know this:

The United Auto Workers' (UAW) national contracts with Detroit automakers Stellantis NV (STLAM.MI), General Motors Co (GM.N) and Ford Motor Co (F.N) are set to expire on Sept. 14.

Union leaders are ratcheting up pressure on the automakers for substantial changes to the current master contracts. The union wants an end to the current two-tier wage system under which new hires at the Detroit Three earn 25% less than UAW workers with five or more years on the job.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Anybody who starts a "hey hey, ho ho" cheer -- immediately beat them to death with your signs.
    Ain’t gonna hear them over this anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    On the personal front, we start practice pickets at my center tomorrow.
    Anybody who starts a "hey hey, ho ho" cheer -- immediately beat them to death with your signs.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    What is accomplished at a practice picket? Is this where people learn how to not drag slogan/demands signs on the ground?

Okay, the first question is serious.
    Bit of a show of force kind of thing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X