Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antiwork

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Got a response this morning to an invite from a client's chief enterprise architect, which literally said, "Please do not put meetings on my calendar without speaking to my PA first."

    Oh I'm sooooo sorry SIR, I must've missed the time rip I flew through at some point over the weekend, since I wasn't aware we were living in 1961 and not 2021.

    Since Friday is my last day with the firm I almost thought about firing that back, but I bit my tongue. It's not the firm's fault that some folks who work for the client are jerks to us, so I didn't want it blowing back on the rest of the team or reflecting poorly in the event I end up trying to return at some point.
    Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 10-11-2021, 02:16 PM.

    Comment


    • I've dealt with that, too. We work with an external agency and don't have access to their calendars like we do with everyone else in the company so when we schedule meeting with them, we have to say "Here are our available times, do any of these work for you?" Like, we pay you. I shouldn't have to waste my time going through calendars, compiling open times and sending to them.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        I've dealt with that, too. We work with an external agency and don't have access to their calendars like we do with everyone else in the company so when we schedule meeting with them, we have to say "Here are our available times, do any of these work for you?" Like, we pay you. I shouldn't have to waste my time going through calendars, compiling open times and sending to them.
        I have to do that constantly. I work with outside vendors and a lot of internal clinical folks for whom non-patient-visit calendars are a mystical source of confusion, so I can't just check their calendar availability and schedule.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Got a response this morning to an invite from a client's chief enterprise architect, which literally said, "Please do not put meetings on my calendar without speaking to my PA first."

          Oh I'm sooooo sorry SIR, I must've missed the time rip I flew through at some point over the weekend, since I wasn't aware we were living in 1961 and not 2021.

          Since Friday is my last day with the firm I almost thought about firing that back, but I bit my tongue. It's not the firm's fault that some folks who work for the client are jerks to us, so I didn't want it blowing back on the rest of the team or reflecting poorly in the event I end up trying to return at some point.
          Architects are the biggest fucking dicks on the planet. Self importance of engineers and artists combined with half the value of either.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

            Architects are the biggest fucking dicks on the planet. Self importance of engineers and artists combined with half the value of either.
            Surgeons called. They said check out litigators.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

            Comment


            • I'll do you one better. The person who sent me the email described below? Architect with an MBA from a private school. Final boss level **** there.

              Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Was sent a snarky and unprofessional email today and it was CCed to about a dozen people.

              I emailed the person back (just him) and said I thought I did my due diligence and if I screwed up I wanted to learn from the mistake and have a path forward. But I also didn't appreciate the disrespectful tone.

              If I misunderstood his tone, I had given him the opportunity to say "You misunderstood, just trying to help you out." Instead, he confirmed it by dressing me down with an even more disrespectful call. So, now I get to play damage control with my boss over a relatively minor and fixable issue.

              I'm guessing my boss will tell me to tell the other guy to pound sand. The more senior engineer on the project said "Actually, these guys have been on the project longer than you or me. The question I have is where did THEY screw up?"
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

              Comment


              • I was on a 9-person work video chat today where two people came this close to a screaming match. One was one of my team's leadership and the other was one of our lead developers.

                The customer was on the call.

                Luckily there were others from our side who jumped in and deftly redirected and the program lead snapped out of it but the DevOps dude was ready to throw down. He's old and I don't think he really cares anymore, and there's unbelievable pressure on our tech teams, but holy mother of god it was not good.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                Comment


                • I almost called someone a c u n t today on a work call.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    I almost called someone a c u n t today on a work call.
                    I've let slip "fuck" a few times unmuted. I've told someone to "fuck right off" to his face during an argument (we went out for beers later lol).

                    but I can't say I've ever have the gonads to call someone a cunt lol. ;-)
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                    Comment


                    • Yeah well working in operations during a pandemic is wearing out my last nerve.

                      esp these *******s thinking they can get around vaccine mandate

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        I almost called someone a c u n t today on a work call.
                        According to one player I know, in the 1980s WCHA that was the "magic word" to get a deuce for unsportsmanlike. I guess you could carpet-bomb F-bombs but one of those was a bridge too far.
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

                        North Dakota Hockey:

                        Comment


                        • "Capt. Kirk" just launched into space via a giant phallus looking thing.

                          That's the post.
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

                          North Dakota Hockey:

                          Comment


                          • Seeing all of the strikes, one wonders if more people will finally notice the theft from the lower part of the economy to the top. I kind of doubt it, but one can hope. I just can't see people realizing that they are being manipulated for single items so that tax cuts can happen.

                            Comment


                            • I got a text Monday evening informing me my client cancelled all this week.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                                Seeing all of the strikes, one wonders if more people will finally notice the theft from the lower part of the economy to the top. I kind of doubt it, but one can hope. I just can't see people realizing that they are being manipulated for single items so that tax cuts can happen.
                                My read on the strikes is that unions have correctly seen that the opportunity to do so is there.

                                With strikes, the only ones that have really been effective are the ones involving employees who can't be replaced. Major league athletes are a perfect example.

                                Everyone else is replaceable, ultimately. However, in today's economy where employers struggle to even fill current job openings, the likelihood of locating a pool of replacement workers in the event of a strike is diminished greatly, and unions have figured this out and will seek to take advantage of it. Seems like a good play in my book.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X