Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• state of hockey
    replied
    Extra delicious using the word “reign.” Dictionaries banned from the libraries, I assume.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Republicans in Ottawa County took over the Board of Commissioners, and proceeded to do away with the department of DEI and changed the slogan from "where you belong" to "where freedom reigns."

While i do feel bad for my friends in Ottawa County, I want the people of Ottawa County to learn what "**** around and find out" means.

Leave a comment:

• LynahFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    The biggest issue to overcome, all things being equal, is whether the owner(s) of said private practice would be happy as a staff physician in a brand new area.
    You left off the crucial part at the end: “…a brand new area that actually offers comprehensive health care for women.”

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Problem is that not everyone can just pick up and move, even doctors. Independent practices take years to build and overhead costs in civilized blue states are higher, even if you form a partnership with other physicians. Most doctors don't start a practice until their early 30s, so they're fortysomething by the time they've paid off their massive student loans. And that's assuming they're financially responsible, which many MDs are not. The siren song of buying a Benzo, or a Porsche, or some other luxury toy to reward oneself and keep up appearances is strong.

Fact is, even successful people who make six figures put themselves in situations that make moving cross-country difficult.
    It's not as hard as you think. Most hospital systems are happy to "buy up" a patient panel from a private practice, and a private practitioner will have little difficulty being hired by a hospital system's professional services org (if they are a GP), or whatever other service they practice in. Sure, they'd go from being a generally independent small business owner to a W2 employee and all that comes with that change, but it isn't super difficult logistically.

I've been tangentially involved with these sale contracts (from the perspective of a hospital org buying a private practice). Yes they're complicated, but not absurdly.

The biggest issue to overcome, all things being equal, is whether the owner(s) of said private practice would be happy as a staff physician in a brand new area.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    The day I shed a tear for the finances of doctors is the day I vote Republican.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X