The States: Where We Wish Texas Would Secede Already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

There are not many small ports that have a second source of income like Bar Harbor does. Like most of the Alaska ports have no real road traffic for a source of tourist dollars, so they need ships to bring some money in.
    Yeah, I get that. Like Skagway and Sitka, for example.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Did Lauren Boebert officially lose yet? Last I saw she was closing in.
      Per AP, she is now ahead by 800 votes with 60k to go.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Walz said if he won he would fight for full legal weed and amnesty on past charges in line with Biden. With a Dem Leg he can also fix education finally which just might save education here!
        btw I meant to ask you what specifically needs to be saved (especially relative to most other states that have traditionally lagged behind public education in MN) and have the Dems actually spoken up regarding what they target? I know the MN Teachers' union has spoken up but have our elected officials?

Comment

• The pensions are a serious issue that will be remedied. The big one though is that there is federal funding for Special Ed that has been screwed up causing districts to take funds from other parts of their budgets to cover it.

My GF could explain it better but i can tell you flipping the MN Senate will make every district better.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            https://***********/CaroRCummings/st...EEOc8tEAw&s=19

I asked about the fate of recretaional marijuana, which House DFL previously passed in 2021:

“This caucus supports adult use cannabis,” Hortman said. “I believe we will pass that bill.”
            Last edited by Handyman; 11-10-2022, 10:58 PM.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              The pensions are a serious issue that will be remedied. The big one though is that there is federal funding for Special Ed that has been screwed up causing districts to take funds from other parts of their budgets to cover it.

My GF could explain it better but i can tell you flipping the MN Senate will make every district better.
              That's in line with what I read here. Has anyone actually said they plan to do any of that? I hope you're right especially if things have fallen backwards that much. Public education in MN has always been a selling point and I'd hate to see that significantly diminished long term.

Comment

• They campaigned on it that is all I know...and the people my gf knows in the union (pretty connected) are pretty confident about it so I dunno. The MNGOP were definitely the issue though.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• The Patmos library millage failed again because Nazis gonna Nazi.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                    The Patmos library millage failed again because Nazis gonna Nazi.
                    According to one story I read there’s a larger than normal percentage of home schoolers in that area and they would use the library often. So, they played themselves.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Oh my godddd lolol

https://***********/atrupar/status/1...rVAqSbKn5UjeRQ

Comment

• Wow...and I gave him credit for not being a d-bag in their concession. Oops...
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• My favorite response so far is “Heads, I win. Tails, I’m Jesus.”
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                            My favorite response so far is “Heads, I win. Tails, I’m Jesus.”
                            Yeah that made me chuckle.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

According to one story I read there’s a larger than normal percentage of home schoolers in that area and they would use the library often. So, they played themselves.
                              Now their parents can curate them nice, safe libraries at home without those scaaaaaary books that have LGBTQ and minority protagonists.

Comment

• https://***********/brahmresnik/stat...06879853547520

BREAKING #Prop308 supporters will declare victory at 11am newser. Allows in-state tuition for undocumented immigrants who attended AZ high schools. ‘Yes’ side leads by 61,164 votes, 51%-49%.
                                Arizona is interesting to watch.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X