The States: Where We Wish Texas Would Secede Already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Are they both going to run again? I mean we know Palin will but will Begich? If so do you think this will happen again?
    I’m getting popcorn ready because this is going to be a fun fight. It’s the “Traditional Republican vs MAGA Republican” battle that’s been going on. Begich (who is heavily funded by the Koch’s Americans For Prosperity and was the party establishment pick) and Palin (who was endorsed by Trump) are about to become proxies in a larger battle.

Palin should be the one to drop out because she lost but she also beat Begich so why should she?

Plus, they’ve already been attacking each other. Heck, they did it today!

Either way, Peltola’s chances just went waaaaaaay up. She didn’t have name recognition? Well, she’s got it now. Her campaign was underfunded? I’m betting she picked up some cash tonight. Plus, do not discount the fact she’s Alaska Native. Alaska has been a state for 63 years and she’s the first Alaska Native in Congress. That’s HUGE.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
      Hard disagree. I grew up with a Mead paper mill in my town, and I would spend gladly spend 100 hours at that plant to avoid 1 hour in a commercial chicken barn.

Never smelled rotting beets - thank goodness, apparently.
      That's fair. Everyone's mileage will vary. I wouldn't pick a house near a sugar beet farm, paper mill, or a chicken farm.

though, my dad worked at a large chicken farm while he was in high school. I do remember some of the stories he told being particularly awful.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        Not totally official but it looks like Peltola has won.

First Democrat from Alaska in the House since 1972. First Alaska Native, First Woman too.
        Holy **** those are remarkable stats
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Tell me more, tommy

https://***********/mollyjongfast/st...HyC90O4vOQUboQ

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Holy **** those are remarkable stats
            Yeah, and those were just the ones off the top of my head.

First Woman from Alaska in the House
            First Alaska Native in Congress
            First Democrat from in Alaska in Congress since Mark Begich.
            First Democrat to win a statewide race in Alaska since Begich in 2008.
            First Democrat from Alaska in the House since 1972.

Also, at this point, she’s the de facto leader of the Democratic Party in Alaska.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Yeah the women registering phenomenon is killer for the GOP all over the country right now. While women who normally vote might be split on the abortion issue the new voters are registering for one reason...revenge for taking away their rights!

edit: I like Wasserman but he is wrong this is not just cause they hate Palin. People don't register just to prevent someone from winning they register this late cause they care.
              Looks like it may have been a factor here, women were the (slim) majority of voters in a state where men outnumber women in registered voters.

https://mobile.***********/WillMuldo...80467212877824
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post

Because the election board is a 4 person board split between parties. It is going to the Michigan Supreme Court, which is majority democratic appointed, so it should be on the ballot.

So bascially if it is a tie it doesn't get on the ballot. Just more GOP ****ery.
                If a Democrat wins Michigan in 2024, we'll have this **** again. Would've had it in 2020 but a single Republican on the election board did his job to vote 3-1 and was promptly replaced in early 2021
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post

If a Democrat wins Michigan in 2024, we'll have this **** again. Would've had it in 2020 but a single Republican on the election board did his job to vote 3-1 and was promptly replaced in early 2021
                  I watched that hearing...where they would only agree to certify the White parts of the county.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• The Republican infighting right now is glorious. Palin supporters blaming Begich voters, Begich supporters blaming Palin. Blame being tossed at Trump, at Tom Emmer the head of the NRCC, at the Alaska GOP. It’s really beautiful.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

The Republican infighting right now is glorious. Palin supporters blaming Begich voters, Begich supporters blaming Palin. Blame being tossed at Trump, at Tom Emmer the head of the NRCC, at the Alaska GOP. It’s really beautiful.
                      Lol. Tom emmer is such a piece of ****

Comment

• My personal favorite take from Republicans, and this has been going for a week or so, is that RCV is “too confusing” for voters and that Republican voters may not have known they could’ve ranked the other Republican second.

Or basically: “Palin isn’t dumb! Our voters are.”
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post

I don't know if they need to certify the election results this year. If yes, and Whitmer is elected does the GOP hold the state hostage? Or do they wait for their savior to lose (again)?
                          Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Lol. Tom emmer is such a piece of ****
                            He played hockey at UAF.

I don’t know anything else about him but I immediately know he’s a POS.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

My personal favorite take from Republicans, and this has been going for a week or so, is that RCV is “too confusing” for voters and that Republican voters may not have known they could’ve ranked the other Republican second.

Or basically: “Palin isn’t dumb! Our voters are.”
                              LOL. Love it.
                              Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post

LOL. Love it.
                                This scorching hot take is a prime example of it.

https://***********/presjpolk/status...36929766744068
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X