This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by psych View Post

What’s funny is most of the posters on here acknowledge it’s more the urban/rural divide than North/South or coastal/flyover. Louisville and Lexington are liberal; Bowling Green votes for Democratic representatives at the local level. I think they mean to jest, but the frequency of posts suggesting two different countries makes me think they’d actually do it if they were King/Queen. I’m glad Joe Biden has visited Kentucky twice already to express solidarity with us. He gets it.
    Density is destiny. Cities provide diversity of people and experiences. The Greek historians and philosophers noticed this 2500 years ago, that's why they thought of their urban populations as the only fulfilled humans. The rural population, even if it spoke Greek, were considered farm animals.

A resident of the largest city in a red state will almost certainly be more culturally and intellectually developed, more tolerant, kinder, more curious, and more interesting than her cousin in the rural part of a blue state. It's not that evil people live in rural America, it's that rural America makes people evil.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Gets what? That the Republicans in 1980 started the process of creating a divide in this country so ****ing wide that 3 people own over 75% of the wealth?
      Dark Brandon gets it.

Cornell University
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

North Dakota is different. You drive an hour out of Fargo and it's just as vibrant and diverse as it is in the inner city.
        In that there is no one there and the tallest building is 4 stories?
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

What’s funny is most of the posters on here acknowledge it’s more the urban/rural divide than North/South or coastal/flyover. Louisville and Lexington are liberal; Bowling Green votes for Democratic representatives at the local level. I think they mean to jest, but the frequency of posts suggesting two different countries makes me think they’d actually do it if they were King/Queen. I’m glad Joe Biden has visited Kentucky twice already to express solidarity with us. He gets it.
          A true divide is not possible unless state borders break down. We get it but in reality we aren't the ones talking about leaving in any real seriousness. Red States are saying it, and we are just saying we are happy to help them pack. The people of Austin or Birmingham can make their choice when their Red State leaders decide to go. And if the people of The Iron Range don't want to live in Minnesota they can make the choice to leave as well. Personal responsibility and that nonsense...
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

In that there is no one there and the tallest building is 4 stories?
            No way. Those grain elevators touch the sky.

Comment

No way. Those grain elevators touch the sky.
              #neverforget
              Cornell University

Comment

North Dakota is different. You drive an hour out of Fargo and it's just as vibrant and diverse as it is in the inner city.
                That diverse, huh?

What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

That diverse, huh?
                  Oh yeah, they get both kinds. Country and western.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Plus such a diversity of smells...I mean there is the smell of beets, the smell of dog [bleep], the smell of cow [bleep], the smell of stale beer, the smell of cigarettes and of course their citizens who smell like all of the above!
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Y'all would probably be qualified to make those statements if you spent a week's vacation there.

What I thought.

Comment

• I spent 3 days there which felt like a decade. I'm still going to therapy for it!
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://www.vice.com/en/article/jgpg...-do-basic-math

"Over 1 in 10 new Texans are from California, so everyone is leaving California for Texas."

The math: 13% of the non-Texas US population is in California, so that is actually slightly below random chance.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I spent 3 days there which felt like a decade. I'm still going to therapy for it!
                            I don't envy your therapist having to help you with a Nodak experience that is plume in the sea of Minnesota trauma.

Comment

Plus such a diversity of smells...I mean there is the smell of beets, the smell of dog [bleep], the smell of cow [bleep], the smell of stale beer, the smell of cigarettes and of course their citizens who smell like all of the above!
                              Beet farm stench during the thaw after processing is the most foul and violent experience my olfactory has lived through.

I've had several projects at beet plants up in MN and ND during processing
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Beet farm stench during the thaw after processing is the most foul and violent experience my olfactory has lived through.
                                Having been past the paper mill in Albany, OR and through Arthur Kill (Brooklyn's garbage dump) on Staten Island, I beg to differ. Industrial chicken farms are right up there, too.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X