The States: Where We Wish Texas Would Secede Already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://apnews.com/article/abortion-...0832987a662309

Oakland County's Judge blocks the county attorneys general from enforcing the abortion ban until the likely vote on the issue on the November ballot.

This will sound bad because people will be hurt for no good reason, but I believe having judges fix the problem creates a worse long term problem. You take the major decisions away from the elected officials allowing them to simply be terrible on many smaller issues people don't respond strongly toward. This is how you get "But MY rep is great, it's the other GOP'ers that are crazy", BS.
    Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
      Dumpy is their king. They all do as they say. That's all there is to it.
      "If you see me as your friend, I'll be your friend. If you see me as your father, I'll be your father. If you see me as your god, I'll be your god."

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

The libertarian party tweeted that Liz belongs in prison. Totally normal
        "Libertarians" for Trump! Because if we can't return to the original Articles of Confederation, then a fascist kleptocracy would be a lot better than paying an extra few hundred a year in taxes, I guess.

Comment

The libertarian party tweeted that Liz belongs in prison. Totally normal
          Capital L Libertarians are as insane as Republicans. Lowercase l libertarians are just FYIGM children.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I'm not that worried about Tudor. The fact that Meshawn Maddox (state GQP co-chair - we sure know how to name 'em here) is trying to bill her as younger and hotter than Whitmer tells you all you need to know about the seriousness of her campaign and the lack of any platform other than "all abortion BAD", "MAGA", and "own the libz!". She had to run far to the right in a primary full of openly fascist dirtbags telling people to come to the polls armed and to unplug voting machines if they think they see fraud. She cannot win on the abortion issue with a position as extreme as hers and there's no way she could honestly try to put on a "moderate" face for the general with Mango Mussolini's endorsement tattooed on her face. With the reproductive rights amendment on its way to appearing on the ballot, Whitmer can turn this election into a referendum on Dobbs and the GQP will have to hope for a pretty major October surprise to unseat her. Their best shot is to try and hit her on the COVID restrictions and mask mandates, but that all ended over a year ago and the average American has a pretty short memory as long as the economy hangs in there. Whitmer won her first term by 10 points in the 2018 "blue wave" cycle. Ordinarily you'd expect that gap to narrow as an incumbent and representing the party currently in power federally during a mid-term year, but with that ballot initiative likely to drive suburban female turnout again, I'm willing to bet that she will win re-election by a similar margin.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              I see Oz recently had his Swiss cheesesteak incident when shopping for "crudite" at "Wegner's". Such a devoted resident of Pennsylvania. ;-)

Also, in responding to a Fetterman troll Tweet, the snake oil salesman would like all of us to know that it doesn't matter that he actually owns 10 properties instead of the 2 he claimed, because at least he bought HIS properties with HIS money. Not a great look.
              I immediately thought of Kerry as well.

And now Oz is going after Fetterman for buying a house for $1 from a family member, while he was working as mayor (and paid something like $150/year for it). Meanwhile, Oz is living in his in-law's home, because of all his 10 properties, none of them were in PA.

Yes. Oz's campaign is saying "HAHA YOU'RE POOR".
              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Do they think that the fact that Fetterman grew up in a family with means is some big ****ing secret? I mean, it's part of his whole story and the change in his life's path he took after his friend died.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Ohio: if you want me to stop making fun of you, you have to stop doing things like this.

Background info.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 08-20-2022, 09:21 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Ohio: if you want me to stop making fun of you, you have to stop doing things like this.

Background info.
                    Oh Gam Gam.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Ohio: if you want me to stop making fun of you, you have to stop doing things like this.

Background info.
                      Am I missing the reason for her removal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Am I missing the reason for her removal?
                        An observant board member realized her ankles weren't thick enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          I'm not that worried about Tudor. The fact that Meshawn Maddox (state GQP co-chair - we sure know how to name 'em here) is trying to bill her as younger and hotter than Whitmer tells you all you need to know about the seriousness of her campaign and the lack of any platform other than "all abortion BAD", "MAGA", and "own the libz!". She had to run far to the right in a primary full of openly fascist dirtbags telling people to come to the polls armed and to unplug voting machines if they think they see fraud. She cannot win on the abortion issue with a position as extreme as hers and there's no way she could honestly try to put on a "moderate" face for the general with Mango Mussolini's endorsement tattooed on her face. With the reproductive rights amendment on its way to appearing on the ballot, Whitmer can turn this election into a referendum on Dobbs and the GQP will have to hope for a pretty major October surprise to unseat her. Their best shot is to try and hit her on the COVID restrictions and mask mandates, but that all ended over a year ago and the average American has a pretty short memory as long as the economy hangs in there. Whitmer won her first term by 10 points in the 2018 "blue wave" cycle. Ordinarily you'd expect that gap to narrow as an incumbent and representing the party currently in power federally during a mid-term year, but with that ballot initiative likely to drive suburban female turnout again, I'm willing to bet that she will win re-election by a similar margin.
                          Didn't know who/what this Tudor person is so I hit the search engine and one of the things that popped up was this article. Now I know.

https://news.yahoo.com/gop-candidate...161001524.html
                          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Florida has banned “to kill a mockingbird” from schools.

I wonder what divisive thing dems did to force republikkans to ban it

Comment

Florida has banned “to kill a mockingbird” from schools.
                              Are you referring to a Florida law vesting local school districts with more power to ban books, or did the State somehow pass a statewide ban of that book?

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

Are you referring to a Florida law vesting local school districts with more power to ban books, or did the State somehow pass a statewide ban of that book?
                                To be fair, I've stopped reading at "Florida" lately.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X