The States: Where We Wish Texas Would Secede Already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    So now it's okay to suggest he bow out. ;^)
    No. There's a difference between pushing a guy off the ledge and arranging the funeral.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Neither of those replies apply here.

Comment

• So Florida schools sound excellent

https://***********/fpwellman/status...gz8v98M_KUi_-Q

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          jfc

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

https://www.tiktok.com/@patricklolle...57446509350186
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• In some positive news, Michigan Supreme Court rules that a 1976 civil rights law covers protections for the LGBT community.

https://***********/dave_boucher1/st...orpPROGB0F2fMw
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                In some positive news, Michigan Supreme Court rules that a 1976 civil rights law covers protections for the LGBT community.

https://***********/dave_boucher1/st...orpPROGB0F2fMw
                "Nuh uh!"
                -Alito, probably.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Neither of those replies apply here.
                  Unless there is some hiddent context to your rather brief sentence they absolutely do.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

While the military part is kind of true, it sounds like the rest of her story is BS. Only military members get the certification without a Bachelors Degree (they have to be working towards it with at least 60 credits) the spouses do not. They get fees waived but they still need to meet minimum qualifications. Even snopes called it false.

The truth is bad enough...there is no need for people to exaggerate. (not you, her)

The New Standards

Effective July 1, 2022, Florida issues a 5-year Temporary Certificate for military veterans who have not yet earned their bachelor’s degrees and meet the following eligibility:
                    • Minimum of 48 months of active duty military service with an honorable/medical discharge
                    • Minimum of 60 college credits with a 2.5 grade point average
                    • Passing score on a Florida subject area examination for bachelor’s level subjects which demonstrate mastery of subject area knowledge
                    • Employment in a Florida school district, including charter schools

Before applying for this pathway, complete a waiver request for the Military Certification Fees Waiver (MCFW).
                    While that isn't great...it also isnt as awful as it could be. Hell when we were in college I knew people who were undergrads who could teach in other states with similar creds...Blue States even.

As for spouses:

Effective July 1, 2018, the act provides the opportunity to request waivers of initial certification fees and certification examination fees for active duty military personnel, honorably discharged veterans and their spouses or surviving spouses.
                    That is quite a bit different than the original tweet, and I have zero issue with it as it is worded.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Sounds like the weather in Kentucky is more hazardous right now than the politicians in Kentucky!
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Unless there is some hiddent context to your rather brief sentence they absolutely do.
                        Really? Who here has espoused either approach?

Comment

• Ok I'm confused...
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Ok I'm confused...
                            I wasn't, "pushing a guy off the ledge and arranging the funeral" or "actively campaigning for" him to bow out. I did say I would prefer he not run (which appears to be a growing sentiment) but I said it here - at a MDSTMB of about 5 people. I have no stature on social media and in fact haven't brought it up anywhere else. Cheers.

Comment

Sounds like the weather in Kentucky is more hazardous right now than the politicians in Kentucky!
                              There’s a town out there named Hazard. Looks like it affected mostly our southeast corner, the least populated part of a sparsely populated state with too many counties.

Comment

I wasn't, "pushing a guy off the ledge and arranging the funeral" or "actively campaigning for" him to bow out. I did say I would prefer he not run (which appears to be a growing sentiment) but I said it here - at a MDSTMB of about 5 people. I have no stature on social media and in fact haven't brought it up anywhere else. Cheers.
                                Dean Philips, when asked this week, politely said he hopes he doesn’t run. Was a nice way to put it

Comment

Working...
                                X