This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Not really safe to go downtown now. Kind of safe, but not like it was. I have no drive to go down there often like I used to.
    I'm supposed to attend a conference in downtown MPLS in the fall. I feel a cold coming on already. < cough-cough >

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Not really safe to go downtown now. Kind of safe, but not like it was. I have no drive to go down there often like I used to.
      If I didn't know any better, I'd say you sound like a Republican. Is it really that bad in MSP now?

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

If I didn't know any better, I'd say you sound like a Republican. Is it really that bad in MSP now?
        I know one regional organization that held its annual in MPLS. Starting in 2023 they are moving to Des Moines. .... Des Moines. <-- that's Eye-Oh-Wah!
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Yep that's why he's paid the big bucks. He shouldn't be mayor if he can't solve that singular problem.
          Agreed. He is a better mayor in better times but he is not the guy to lead Minneapolis at this point because he doesn't have the stones to stand up to the City Council and he really isn't a leader when things go south. Problem is I am not sure there is a Democrat is out there to challenge him that can beat him (I dont live in the city so maybe I missed someone) and no Republican is winning Minneapolis.

But I don't really blame him for the cops decisions though...it isn't unique to Minneapolis. Cops aren't happy they aren't being hailed as the next coming of D-Day heroes in lots of places. they don't like the public scrutiny of their jobs and their mistakes and they certainly don't like everyone calling them out when they are responsible for loss of life. I mean christ the best example is Uvalde, TX. (a state that isn't exactly liberal cop hating land) Cops have spent the last 2 decades becoming more and more problematic with less and less oversight. (not to mention how many cop procedural and reality tv shows propped them up over the years and still do?) Their actions came home to roost and instead of at least trying to reform or do things a different way they retired early or got the "Blue Flu". Bunch of ****ing whiny cowards...

George Floyd exposed the rot in the MPD (which many of us knew existed anyways but even we were surprised how deep it went) and Frey is just not the guy clean it out.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It depends. I work quite often downtown so I dont think it is that bad but there are parts of the city the cops have flat out abandoned until someone dies. Things are worse than before Floyd...now they would rather things look awful because then they get to look correct and like heroes the few times they do show up.

BTW the reason I am still not giving them any quarter is because I have a friend that lives in the building where the cops murdered Amir Locke and I walk by that building every day I go to work.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I’d have no issue going to a restaurant downtown and doing valet parking. But parking and walking blocks? Nope. Shootings have bled into areas that didn’t previously- a guy in town from Nashville was shot on stone arch bridge last week. Hotrodders rip through areas and cause chaos. And police aren’t always responsive.

gangs are now coming into cake eater land to hit us- problem with that is, our cops are staffed and motivated. How long do you think it took my rich white neighbors to call the cops on a group of black teens checking all our doors in broad daylight? Six cops were on them before those idiots could get back to their car to flee. My old street in southwest mpls last week had someone with a gun hitting people as they parked cars on front of their homes at 8pm.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

I'm supposed to attend a conference in downtown MPLS in the fall. I feel a cold coming on already. < cough-cough >
                You got your gun. Might give you the chance to cap a ni&&er like you dream about.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Yes, it's that bad now. I doubt it will ever be the same.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Yes, it's that bad now. I doubt it will ever be the same.
                    Another video has come out of these animals shooting fireworks at a woman walking her dog the other night downtown. You can clearly tell where it is by the buildings in the background. Is also bet half the animals doing this may not even live in the city.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Another video has come out of these animals shooting fireworks at a woman walking her dog the other night downtown. You can clearly tell where it is by the buildings in the background. Is also bet half the animals doing this may not even live in the city.
                      Holy ****. The video I saw showed them throwing an explosive firework into an open window downtown. Blew up in someone's living room.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

You got your gun. Might give you the chance to cap a ni&&er like you dream about.
                        Stop your projection.

Last thing I ever want to have to do is pull a trigger to defend myself from another human.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Just saw the video with the woman and her dog. Jesus.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• If you say so. Gotta be a reason for carrying it.

You know, just in case.

"Projection" Jesus Christ you're a piece of work. If it were projection, I'd own dozens of guns and be stockpiling ammo, training and waiting for the day the darkies zombie meth heads rise up and over run our God fearing cities and towns.

You know, like your buddies do.
                            Last edited by rufus; 07-06-2022, 01:45 PM.

Comment

In Portland Maine, they were shooting them at cops, and I assume paramedics, helping someone who was hurt.

Comment

From what I have heard it is a specific group of kids and they do live in the city but not in many of the areas they are going after. They are 2nd generation immigrants from a specific country in Africa...if my coworkers roommate (who was assaulted by one) is to be believed.

The MPD is still too butthurt to care though.

And Scooby this isn't the first time this has happened Minneapolis was much worse when I was younger. (Murderapolis) It will bounce back and it won't even take that much work.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X