This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

This is Virginia, they have snow removal in Virginia. It snows in Virginia. This isn't Atlanta.
    The DC area always does horribly with snow. Part of it is the weatherpeople always somehow missing the big storms. Part of is, as Kepler said, is people not knowing how to drive. Trust us, being shocked at how much the city shuts down for a handleable storm anywhere else is not going to change.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• The hardest hit area in Virginia got 14+ inches of snow (if I saw the Twitter reports correctly). Even many northern states would have trouble keeping up with that.

Motorists were warned of the incoming snow. They chose to travel in those conditions anyway.
      Last edited by aparch; 01-04-2022, 10:35 AM.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

It’s been a strange descent the last couple years for Nate. About two months into the pandemic he decided to become an expert in epidemiology and ever since it’s been, “I am so smart! S-M-R-T!”
        Yeah it is interesting...sometimes I think he is having some sort of slow burn psychotic break. Then again I think most stats nerds do at some point. Their overinflated need to quantify everything overrides the part of their brain that understands Heisenberg. They are the guy at Cal Tech who spends all day trying to find the pattern in how pigeons eat. The NFL is about 5 years away from that...
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
          The hardest hit area in Virginia got 14+ inches of snow (if I saw the Twitter reports correctly). Even many northern states would have trouble keeping up with that.

Motorists were warned of the incoming snow. They chose to travel in those conditions anyway.
          "I know how to drive in snow, it's all the other drivers who don't" is always the mentality.

Comment

The hardest hit area in Virginia got 14+ inches of snow (if I saw the Twitter reports correctly). Even many northern states would have trouble keeping up with that.

Yeah I don't know what Scooby is going on about...even here anything over an inch and the top news story is "200 accidents reported by MNDOT" and "traffic was held up for hours because some truckdriver jacknifed". 15 hours is pretty ridiculous but if something like that happened in many parts of Minnesota/Wisconsin/Iowa it could be many hours before things get going again.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• It happens all the time in Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, and parts of California. Sometimes, even with warning, things go south faster than expected and can't keep up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                It happens all the time in Colorado, Wyoming, and parts of California. Sometimes, even with warning, things go south faster than expected and can't keep up.
                Oh, the Lake Tahoe snowstorm from last weekend? I'm still seeing TikToks of cars buried along the highway to the ski resorts.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                  It happens all the time in Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, and parts of California. Sometimes, even with warning, things go south faster than expected and can't keep up.
                  Pretty sure Colorado isn't moving south unless Yellowstone goes

HEEEEYOOO :-D :-D
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Someone should send that $750 billion military budget to clear the roads up.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

The DC area always does horribly with snow. Part of it is the weatherpeople always somehow missing the big storms. Part of is, as Kepler said, is people not knowing how to drive. Trust us, being shocked at how much the city shuts down for a handleable storm anywhere else is not going to change.
                      The third part being, as we've seen with the pandemic, the hubris of the average dumbass 'Merican "no one can tell me to stay off the roads just cause of a little snow. I got things to do, places to go"
                      Last edited by rufus; 01-04-2022, 11:46 AM.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Oh, the Lake Tahoe snowstorm from last weekend? I'm still seeing TikToks of cars buried along the highway to the ski resorts.
                        The Sierras were pounded harder than a Thai hooker.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

It is ironic because it feels like half the city is Ivy League grads who learned how to drive in snow in Hanover and Ithaca and Cambridge. They should know better.

But the motto holds: "the city of northern hospitality and southern efficiency."
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

The Sierras were pounded harder than a Thai hooker.
                            I think you may have overstimulated mookie.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

It is ironic because it feels like half the city is Ivy League grads who learned how to drive in snow in Hanover and Ithaca and Cambridge. They should know better.

But the motto holds: "the city of northern hospitality and southern efficiency."
                              But they may have not been native to those areas, and quickly forgot. DC has people who have moved in from everywhere, so you have a mix of those who do and don't know how to drive in the snow, but those who do will likely stay in to avoid those who don't. Bad money chases good money out of the market.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Yeah I don't know what Scooby is going on about...even here anything over an inch and the top news story is "200 accidents reported by MNDOT" and "traffic was held up for hours because some truckdriver jacknifed". 15 hours is pretty ridiculous but if something like that happened in many parts of Minnesota/Wisconsin/Iowa it could be many hours before things get going again.
                                I would think Minnesota and Colorado are the absolute pinnacle of American snow driving. Lots of opportunity to practice, stable state infrastructure funding, and a relatively lower percentage of I Am Emperor of the Highway conservative dooshnozzledom than Iowa, the Dakotas, Michigan, and Wisconsin.

The best snow drivers I have seen were in California of all places. The worst are Boston; not just the aggro but the sheer ineptitude.
                                Last edited by Kepler; 01-04-2022, 11:36 AM.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X