This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    To no one’s surprise, the scum didn’t take a day off from rampaging Minneapolis. Several robberies in sw mpls/Edina all day including a home invasion with guns and children. Sounds like same suspects driving around all day terrorizing people. Merry Xmas!
    Seriously when the hell is someone going to do something about it? Are the police still butthurt because they public asked them to stop murdering citizens? Regardless somebody needs to take charge and start making a difference. This area solved for "Murderapolis" 30 years ago and had low crimes rates relative to other cities of a similar size for quite some time. It can be done but there has to be action.

Comment

• Yeah well I’d like something to be done. One of my neighbors has them on video today- young Black (appear somali) males running up and checking car and home doors. If I encounter them while dog walking I’m going to call 911 and run to nearest home. They were doing this at 2pm today so plenty of daylight to see description

Comment

• Jesus
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Seriously when the hell is someone going to do something about it? Are the police still butthurt because they public asked them to stop murdering citizens? Regardless somebody needs to take charge and start making a difference. This area solved for "Murderapolis" 30 years ago and had low crimes rates relative to other cities of a similar size for quite some time. It can be done but there has to be action.
          The area of Edina getting hammered by the young crime spree is east Edina, which is the area represented by ilhan omar. It’s not a coincidence they are targeting east Edina as its closest to Mpls, where there are fewer cops and car theft isn’t a priority. Now, I agree car theft isn’t nearly as traumatizing as a carjacking- so I wish Mpls had the ability to actually try here. I don’t expect Omar to come out about crime- she’s going to focus on Social determinants but I think someone needs to. You start letting gangs target the liberal burbs and this is how a house seat is lost- Edina, tonka, etc aren’t exactly Minneapolis. As much as people want to think women in particular will vote D for womens rights, this kind of crime spree with no action from local or state D leaders will anger many and become single issue for voting when you’re getting jacked at 2pm getting groceries

as much as I think our criminal justice system needs to be reformed, taking someone’s car at gunpoint or enter ring their homes, brandishing a gun while you rob them are not things I think you should be releasing people for. That’s quite different than say stealing a car overnight on thr street.
          Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 12-26-2021, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• What can she do though? i doubt a speech will change anything. It is up to the city and state to fix this issue.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I don’t disagree, but she is my elected rep and I’d say crime is an issue her constituents care about right now. Notice I didn’t say I expected anything to come from her.

At this point I don’t care who as long as someone does something.

Comment

• I'm curious what she would say that isn't just a tee ball shot for her opponents on either side. (Of course the answer is there is nothing she could say that won't be used against her.)

It's a local issue and I'm not sure what weighing in would do to help her. I only see negatives.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  What can she do though? i doubt a speech will change anything. It is up to the city and state to fix this issue.
                  I've seen mayors lose races because a bad winter caused excessive potholes.
                  I've seen presidents lose races because the economy crashed at the wrong time.

Doesn't matter if it's in their control. When you're one of the faces of an anti-police movement in the middle of a crime wave, you gotta try to do something to address that or you're going down.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    I'm curious what she would say that isn't just a tee ball shot for her opponents on either side. (Of course the answer is there is nothing she could say that won't be used against her.)

It's a local issue and I'm not sure what weighing in would do to help her. I only see negatives.
                    She couldn’t say anything without being vilified. State rep here would be better, along with Frey.

frey ****ed me off last week when he was going on about how downtown is safe. Ummm

Comment

• She should say something whether or not she would be vilified and I don't think she would be if the message was properly constructed. Crime is out of control, something needs to happen and real leaders speak out. If that puts her re-election at risk she'd at least go out with integrity.

Comment

• There hasn't been a politician with integrity since wellstone died. Abrams is probably the successor to that throne.
                        Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          There hasn't been a politician with integrity since wellstone died. Abrams is probably the successor to that throne.
                          I don't care - I still believe she should say something whether it's realistic or not. Also the idea she could lose an election (hasn't she won by landslides despite doing absolutely nothing for her constituents) seems outlandish. Short of her going to jail I don't see her losing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            frey ****ed me off last week when he was going on about how downtown is safe. Ummm
                            What'd they do, have a few more cops patrol Hennepin and 1st Aves to scare the "characters" out of wandering too far from the Greyhound station?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              Also the idea she could lose an election (hasn't she won by landslides despite doing absolutely nothing for her constituents) seems outlandish.
                              Bush Sr. had an 89% approval rating 18 months before the election and lost.

Stranger things have happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Bush Sr. had an 89% approval rating 18 months before the election and lost.

Stranger things have happened.
                                It's the naivete of the average American voter, stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X