This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Real Minnesota nice. Conservative parents group targets and outs an 8 year old transgender kid because mommy was for masks in schools.

republicans are a ****ing disease

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...SAvdf3GPpfepk0
    These are the kind of Dump voters we should be able to just put on a rocket and fire them into the sun. They really are deplorable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Real Minnesota nice. Conservative parents group targets and outs an 8 year old transgender kid because mommy was for masks in schools.

republicans are a ****ing disease

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...SAvdf3GPpfepk0
      They're the same people who post "we can disagree and still be friends" on social media.

They deserve a high five...in the face with a steel chair.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

They're the same people who post "we can disagree and still be friends" on social media.

They deserve a high five...in the face with a steel chair.
        Like this?

(Any excuse to post this clip :-D )
        Last edited by Jimjamesak; 12-01-2021, 12:19 AM.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Charlie Baker said he’s not running again in Massachusetts, paving the way for really blue, liberal voters to pick another Republican to represent them after 2022.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post
            Charlie Baker said he’s not running again in Massachusetts, paving the way for really blue, liberal voters to pick another Republican to represent them after 2022.
            Looking around the state, the odds are that Attorney General Maura Healey will win. The GQP likely plans to nominate a total loon (who lost to Liz Warren 60-36 in 2018). Healey is not particularly moderate but not AOC-level left. I'm not her biggest fan but I find her generally competant and she'd very likely make a perfectly cromulent governor.

Seriously, Jeff Diehl will be destroyed by her (or any D that isn't a lefty loon). The guy is toxic to anyone outside the Trump wing of the GQP.
            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Looking around the state, the odds are that Attorney General Maura Healey will win. The GQP likely plans to nominate a total loon (who lost to Liz Warren 60-36 in 2018). Healey is not particularly moderate but not AOC-level left. I'm not her biggest fan but I find her generally competant and she'd very likely make a perfectly cromulent governor.

Seriously, Jeff Diehl will be destroyed by her (or any D that isn't a lefty loon). The guy is toxic to anyone outside the Trump wing of the GQP.
              Polito not running is a huge + for Democrats. Healey is a huge favorite, so as long as a moderate businessman looking to cut taxes doesn’t step up to the plate for the GOP, Democrats should regain a +472% Biden state.

Abrams running for Governor of Georgia. Can’t wait to watch that showdown too.

Comment

Abrams running for Governor of Georgia. Can’t wait to watch that showdown too.
                She runs circles around both the DNC and the RNC. I would not be the least surprised if they murder her.

If they don't we will see conservative racist vote suppression that makes 1950s Jim Crow look like the Rainbow Coalition.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Polito not running is a huge + for Democrats. Healey is a huge favorite, so as long as a moderate businessman looking to cut taxes doesn’t step up to the plate for the GOP, Democrats should regain a +472% Biden state.
                  She hasn't said if she is or is not (right? I haven't heard either way), but agreed otherwise. The history of Republican governors in MA is weirdly deceiving. Baker is super moderate and is vocally anti-Trump. Prior to him, we had Romney (ran and governed as a moderate), Cellucci (super moderate, if not left-leaning), Weld (similar to Celluci, and in fact was to the left of his Democratic opponent)...

Romney shifted rightwards when he left the state but is still vocally anti-Trump. Weld ran for president as a Libertarian and even urged people to vote against Trump.

I don't mind Healey at all. I may not see eye to eye with her on a number of things but she's capable and competent and seems like a pragmatist. Can't complain too much about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

She hasn't said if she is or is not (right? I haven't heard either way), but agreed otherwise. The history of Republican governors in MA is weirdly deceiving. Baker is super moderate and is vocally anti-Trump. Prior to him, we had Romney (ran and governed as a moderate), Cellucci (super moderate, if not left-leaning), Weld (similar to Celluci, and in fact was to the left of his Democratic opponent)...

Romney shifted rightwards when he left the state but is still vocally anti-Trump. Weld ran for president as a Libertarian and even urged people to vote against Trump.

I don't mind Healey at all. I may not see eye to eye with her on a number of things but she's capable and competent and seems like a pragmatist. Can't complain too much about that.
                    https://turnto10.com/news/local/bake...ection-in-2022

Read an article where Labor Secretary Marty Walsh is considering a return to Mass to run for Governor. Already has $3.5 million in his old mayoral campaign account.

Comment

https://turnto10.com/news/local/bake...ection-in-2022

Read an article where Labor Secretary Marty Walsh is considering a return to Mass to run for Governor. Already has $3.5 million in his old mayoral campaign account.
                      Oh look at that, thanks! I'm ... half surprised by Polito, I guess.

I also read that about Walsh, so who knows. I think he's more of a dark horse candidate. And why leave his current job to maybe lose the primary?

Comment

• My gut says Charlie Baker is gunning for Elizabeth Warren's Senate seat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          My gut says Charlie Baker is gunning for Elizabeth Warren's Senate seat.
                          Maybe? The path from governor to senator has not been favorable to Republicans here, in an admittedly small sample size. And Warren is popular. Unless Markey retires and the seat opens, I would be surprised to see Baker risk losing. But you may be right, it's not like your gut is predicting something absurd.

Comment

• Abrams is a terrific organizer, but she's going to lose again. Kemp and the GA state leg will cheat, suppress, obstruct, and overturn their way to re-election. They will close more polling locations, restrict mail-in ballots, purge the voter rolls, and if all that still fails, they will just object to and overturn any results they don't like because of vague "irregularities" that they will outright fabricate evidence of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              My gut says Charlie Baker is gunning for Elizabeth Warren's Senate seat.
                              I think, like Sununu, Baker has his eyes on a bigger prize. He’d lose against Warren in a presidential year in Mass (and if he didn’t, y’all can go **** your so-called liberal selves). He seems like more of an executive type, less legislative, but I can’t claim to know him that well.
                              Seems to have accomplished a lot for Massachusetts, which, barring a GOP trifecta in Washington come 2024 (not entirely out of the realm of possibility), he wouldn’t do in the Senate, outside of tax cuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Abrams is a terrific organizer, but she's going to lose again. Kemp and the GA state leg will cheat, suppress, obstruct, and overturn their way to re-election. They will close more polling locations, restrict mail-in ballots, purge the voter rolls, and if all that still fails, they will just object to and overturn any results they don't like because of vague "irregularities" that they will outright fabricate evidence of.
                                Are we even sure Kemp wins the primary, what with Perdue potentially jumping in against him along with an almost certain Trump endorsement? You’re right about the rest though. Georgia is already positioning itself that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X