This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Wait, there are states that DON'T do the mile marker thing?
    I think only in some states in the northeast where the old systems are grandfathered in...I'm pretty sure the latest highway standards are to have exits=mile markers. I-89 in Vermont and I-93 in NH used to be simple numerical order (so exit 13 could've been 20 miles after exit 12) when I was in college, but I think they've both switched to the standard system long ago.

Comment

• Who the **** actually opposes this?? I mean, I read the article, but if you derive any meaning of your existence from the exit number you grew up off of, I feel so so bad for you.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Who the **** actually opposes this?? I mean, I read the article, but if you derive any meaning of your existence from the exit number you grew up off of, I feel so so bad for you.
        There are states they don't let you pump your own gas. "The old ways are the best ways." c.f. religion.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

There are states they don't let you pump your own gas. "The old ways are the best ways." c.f. religion.
          TBF, that is done to help maintain jobs.

Plus it's another reason why Oregon is dumb and weird.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            TBF, that is done to help maintain jobs.

Plus it's another reason why Oregon is dumb and weird.
            New Jersey as well.

I guess same reasonings too.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Who the **** actually opposes this?? I mean, I read the article, but if you derive any meaning of your existence from the exit number you grew up off of, I feel so so bad for you.
              The select few who get Exit 69 get an exception ;-)
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I don’t think MN’s exits match the mile markers. They’re a simply numbered in order of appearance.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

I don’t think MN’s exits match the mile markers. They’re a simply numbered in order of appearance.
                  Pretty sure they do (for the most part at least). I always assumed they did because it’s all I see in the cities. It’s possible some of the smaller state or county highways don’t. But certainly 694 and 35 do. A good hint is if you ever see an ‘A’ after an exit number.

It’s possible this wasn’t always the case.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I-94 does, far as I could tell when I lived there.

Comment

Pretty sure they do (for the most part at least). I always assumed they did because it?s all I see in the cities. It?s possible some of the smaller state or county highways don?t. But certainly 694 and 35 do. A good hint is if you ever see an ?A? after an exit number.

It?s possible this wasn?t always the case.
                      You’re right. It does match, per the reference I found.

I guess I never put it together driving so much on 494/694, etc, and seeing the numbers seeing to jump around so much, and the numbers on 35 reset for the 35E/W stretch.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Mostly the New England states that think exit numbers actually mean something.
                        MA has almost completely updated since this article was written. No idea about Cow Hampshire or Vermont.

The argument against changing is nothing more than the usual member berries nonsense. You can distill it - along with the entire GQP "platform" - into "nuh uh!"
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                          My insane parents took their 3 kids (under 10) on a road trip from Tennessee to California and back. Twice. Since this was before screens, they did everything they could to keep us entertained. When we were in North Dakota, we had pulled over to the side of the road for a picnic lunch, and the discussion turned to just how far away the tree was. Yes, THE tree that we could see off in the distance. I think the high guess was about 8 or 10 miles. We started driving, watching the odometer like hawks. It was 27 miles to that ****er. I will never forget that - we just could not believe how flat…and desolate…it was.
                          http://digitalhorizonsonline.org/dig...ndshs/id/11875
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

As someone who has made the drive from Des Moines to Duluth on I35 many times, I can assure you they do.

I think the mileage resets to 0 for 35W at the 35W/35E split since it is considered a separate highway and the mileage continues on 35E, but the exits are still mileage based within that system.
                            Last edited by unofan; 11-08-2021, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

The select few who get Exit 69 get an exception ;-)
                              On I-75 in MI, that's Big Beaver Rd. (no joke)

Comment

• 41 seats in 21 counties in Georgia flipped to blue last Tuesday. Not bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X