No announcement yet.

The States: Where We Wish Texas Would Secede Already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just read on DKE that Ilhan Omar is telling voters to vote for two mayoral candidates not named current Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey come Novmeber, going so far as to tell them to leave him off their ballots altogether. I read they’re on opposite sides of the “Defund the Minneapolis Police” amendment, but I can’t say I know much else about their clearly frosty relationship.

Comment

• Not likely to work...Frey has plenty of support.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• The GQP in Michigan is quietly replacing canvassers who dared to certify the 2020 election.

I'm not surprised.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• **** counties want to join **** state: https://wtop.com/maryland/2021/10/we...ith-open-arms/

Maybe that will get them 1% or so of the Blue Ridge Mountains, to go with the 10% of the Shenandoah River they already have, despite mentioning both of them in a state song despite the vast vast majority being in other states, because I guess meth and cousin ****ing don't make for great song lyrics.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• So their plan is to make a nothing state that is already deeply Red a small amount bigger and make Maryland much Bluer? I love it! I embrace that like when the Red Counties in Minnesota want to secede to NoDak. Go ahead and double their population and guarantee that the next 50 years of Minnesota Statewide politics will be Bluer than Blue.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              So their plan is to make a nothing state that is already deeply Red a small amount bigger and make Maryland much Bluer? I love it! I embrace that like when the Red Counties in Minnesota want to secede to NoDak. Go ahead and double their population and guarantee that the next 50 years of Minnesota Statewide politics will be Bluer than Blue.
              Right. Cities ain't getting smaller.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                So their plan is to make a nothing state that is already deeply Red a small amount bigger and make Maryland much Bluer? I love it! I embrace that like when the Red Counties in Minnesota want to secede to NoDak. Go ahead and double their population and guarantee that the next 50 years of Minnesota Statewide politics will be Bluer than Blue.
                It's just like the semi-annual Talk Between Yoopers at the Local Diner about the UP becoming its own state and maybe even taking parts of northern WI with it. Even if you could get the votes to break off and form the State of Superior as #51, it'll just be Snowier West Virginia.

Note: I wouldn't necessarily object to allowing this, IF one of the following happens simultaneously:

1. Both Puerto Rico and DC are also admitted as new states
                2. PR or DC is admitted as a state, and either the Dakotas or WY & MT are merged into one state.
                3. Both of the Dakotas and WY & MT are merged into two states.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

It's just like the semi-annual Talk Between Yoopers at the Local Diner about the UP becoming its own state and maybe even taking parts of northern WI with it. Even if you could get the votes to break off and form the State of Superior as #51, it'll just be Snowier West Virginia.
                  Oh no, please don't make MI more reliably blue without adding much to WI! And while you're at it, please don't move the panhandle from FL to AL!

(Remember, if both of those had happened, Hillary would have won in 2016.)

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    It's just like the semi-annual Talk Between Yoopers at the Local Diner about the UP becoming its own state and maybe even taking parts of northern WI with it.
                    Just imagine what the tax rate would need to be for individuals of "Superior" to maintain the roads, fire, and police protection they currently have.

The UP is 30% of Michigan's total area.... and 3% of the population.

The entire UP would become the world's largest combination clear cut forest and strip mine in an effort to try to break even.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Get it together men of Virginia

https://***********/billscher/status...033532928?s=21

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        You could drop the "of Virginia" part and it'd still be an accurate assessment. Last I saw, white men 35+ is the only demo still voting majority Republican in every election. For women I assume the age threshold is 55+.

Comment

• Education is the new dividing line, isn’t it? The party of intellectuals, perceived or real, versus the party of dunces?
                          Not saying men aren’t a problem, as we certainly are, and it’ll only widen as women continue graduating college at something like a 2-to-1 rate as men. College-educated men are slightly less Neanderthal than their uneducated counterparts, and same for women.
                          If McAuliffe holds on, I hope Virginia Democrats don’t lose their majority in the House of Delegates, a la Biden beating Trump, but Republicans making down-ballot gains.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            That's a not great omen if the Dems don't hold VA.
                            Code:
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Oregon got an F from Princeton

I give it an A
                              Code:

Comment

• Looks like todays polls say Virginia gov race goes to the trumper

Comment

Working...
                                X