The States: Where We Wish Texas Would Secede Already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    I have a feeling the media wanted a close race and all the drama that would entail. Instead, they got a blowout and are now trying to treat this as closer than it was.
    Cokie Roberts Syndrome. "Well Anchorperson, this loss is really a win for the Republicans in many ways..."

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Cokie Roberts Syndrome. "Well Anchorperson, this loss is really a win for the Republicans in many ways..."
      I have seen so many paragraphs with that exact statement.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Caused by the Beltway Bacillus: access. You have to play by the club's rules to be in the club. That means you have to keep breathing life into all the myths the club has concocted over the years to hide one simple fact:

They who have been given the power to serve the people instead just serve the rich in order to serve themselves.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Be interesting to see the final numbers but the “No” vote seems to be tracking ahead of the numbers from 2020 and Newsom’s numbers in 2018.

But hey, Democrats should still be worried.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Be interesting to see the final numbers but the “No” vote seems to be tracking ahead of the numbers from 2020 and Newsom’s numbers in 2018.

But hey, Democrats should still be worried.
            I'm also looking forward to the inevitable "Edler is popular because he won Q2" takes while ignoring nearly half of the voters apparently left it blank.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

I'm also looking forward to the inevitable "Edler is popular because he won Q2" takes while ignoring nearly half of the voters apparently left it blank.
              “But 43% of 50% is still something!”
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I have seen so many paragraphs with that exact statement.
                We have a term for them: Minnesota sports fans.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I have not been following it closely but from what I was seeing it was close until Elder opened his yap.
                  That is how the media played it...but all you had to do was go on Twitter and see that pretty much everyone in Cali was getting the word out. Elder's only shot was complacency by the Dems and they had none of it. (registered Dems have a 2-1 advantage over Registered Rs) The Dems did a great job fear mongering and well, just look at Texas and Flo(R)ida that was what Elder was gonna try and do in his short amount of time. (he was repealing mask mandates and vaccine requirements Day 1)

As for Kasie, she works for CNN now so it has to be "Dems in Disarray". She could avoid the wrath of Chuck Todd's bothsidesing because she was on in the morning but CNN keeps much the same narrative 24/7 since Biden won. That is why somehow she found the negative in a recall being called faster than it takes to make a baked potato in the microwave. (to be fair according to Twitter Morning Joe played the same game but you couldn't pay me to watch that dreck) The logic behind what she tweeted was so bad she could probably say she was hacked and people would buy it. That was Faux news level out of touch with reality.

Just like how Ilhan Omar and Tina Smith here in Minnesota were supposedly in trouble because of backlash or elitism or whatever and neither had to sweat on Election Night Newsome had to know he was safe. The CaliGOP is almost as inept as the MNGOP which is why neither had a shot. That doesn't get ratings though so...

There is a reason Elder was whining about fraud days before even the polls closed.
                  Last edited by Handyman; 09-15-2021, 10:47 AM.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Which is of course what the Dems were telling people to do...so "Blank = Newsome".
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

How about this: https://***********/ChrisCillizza/st...30898537435139

Tuesday night was, weirdly, a very good night for Larry Elder's political future
                      edit: Here it is from the article!

that Elder wound up getting almost 47% of the vote among almost four dozen candidates running to replace Newsom. That's far above where polling had him -- generally in the high 20s -- and suggests the Trumpist base of the party turned out for Elder. All of that means that Elder has a future in GOP politics in the state going forward. (The LA Times suggested he had emerged as the "putative leader of the state's Republican Party.") All of which is a MAJOR win for Elder.
                      Which was refuted later cause...well...math.

https://***********/nycsouthpaw/stat...64548381515786

Elder did not get 47% of the vote. As of right now, approx 9.1 million votes have been counted, and 2.3 million votes for Elder have been counted. Both numbers are going to change. But that’s about 25.2% of the overall vote.
                      Last edited by Handyman; 09-15-2021, 11:32 AM.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Chris Cilliza is the absolute worst of the worst. He's what happens when you distill down everything awful about the media, then run it through an RO membrane. The amount of contempt I have for that man could power a city.
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Maybe the "leaving Q2 blank" was an extremely long con to get the GOP to nominate Elder next year and get absolutely crushed. (Because remember, we will be doing the exact same thing in 14 months.)

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Maybe the "leaving Q2 blank" was an extremely long con to get the GOP to nominate Elder next year and get absolutely crushed. (Because remember, we will be doing the exact same thing in 14 months.)
                            I can't tell if you're joking. Because... the GOP stupid enough to fall for that.
                            Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I can't tell if you're joking. Because... the GOP stupid enough to fall for that.
                              They nominated Dump. "God's a kid with an ant farm, lady. He's not planning anything."
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

We have a term for them: Minnesota sports fans.
                                c.f. Lions fans

Comment

Working...
                                X