The States: Where We Wish Texas Would Secede Already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Protesters drown out former DPD chief James Craig's announcement to seek the Republican nomination to run against Whitmer in MI next year.

https://***********/freep/status/1437791693143740425
    Another Covid Denier, Voting Fraud believer I'm sure. I hope Whitmer runs again and crushes him.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

I heard yet again on ABC this Sunday that Democrats are being too mean to Republicans. We're not going to win anybody over if we call them stupid. Even though they are all ****ing stupid. I mean, how are rational people supposed to react to the entire Republican Party being all in on destroying democracy by infusing doubt into all of our elections? Are we supposed to understand their feelings and empathize with it?

Not me. I've had it. They're all ****ing idiots. Send them all to Texas and let that stupid ****hole of a state secede. Bye. Don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out.
      Yeah Jake Tapper is on that kick...he is unwatchable since Trump lost. (CNN en total is)

I get what they are trying to say but they forget these people have already told us who they are. The unvaxxed won't get vaxxed and the Qucumbers aren't coming back to reality whether we are nice to them or not. This "be nice to the morons" crap is gonna be the final nail in the coffin of Democracy.

Originally posted by Patton Oswalt
      “You’ve gotta respect everyone’s beliefs." No, you don’t. That’s what gets us in trouble. Look, you have to acknowledge everyone’s beliefs, and then you have to reserve the right to go: "That is ****ing stupid. Are you kidding me?" I acknowledge that you believe that, that’s great, but I’m not going to respect it. I have an uncle that believes he saw Sasquatch. We do not believe him, nor do we respect him!”
      The whole bit is better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcQ9P8dUI2o (NSFW)
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Another Covid Denier, Voting Fraud believer I'm sure. I hope Whitmer runs again and crushes him.
        I would say he's more of an opportunist than a true believer. Craig is considered the frontrunner at this point, and sadly the early polls show it's neck-and-neck between them. Outside of Oakland, Wayne, and Washtenaw Counties (Metro Detroit/Ann Arbor), I think you'll find that white people in this state are still bigly mad at her over the COVID rules and feel that she overstepped her emergency powers. They've been well-trained by their Facebook pals, Republican state reps, and the far-right media safe space they keep themselves in to consider her actions "dictatorial". The state Supremes also overruled her use of the 1945 Riot Act last year, which didn't look great in the eyes of an already polarized public. That is why she was forced to go through the state health department to keep the restrictions going and has basically backed off on announcing any mask requirements and/or vaccination requirements for schools and state workers/contractors. It's a tough tightrope to walk.

Comment

• Mad enough to vote for the colored boy?
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
            Mad enough to vote for the colored boy?
            That is an obvious cynical ploy to split Detroit.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I would say he's more of an opportunist than a true believer. Craig is considered the frontrunner at this point, and sadly the early polls show it's neck-and-neck between them. Outside of Oakland, Wayne, and Washtenaw Counties (Metro Detroit/Ann Arbor), I think you'll find that white people in this state are still bigly mad at her over the COVID rules and feel that she overstepped her emergency powers. They've been well-trained by their Facebook pals, Republican state reps, and the far-right media safe space they keep themselves in to consider her actions "dictatorial". The state Supremes also overruled her use of the 1945 Riot Act last year, which didn't look great in the eyes of an already polarized public. That is why she was forced to go through the state health department to keep the restrictions going and has basically backed off on announcing any mask requirements and/or vaccination requirements for schools and state workers/contractors. It's a tough tightrope to walk.
              Not a single government entity in the entire United States overstepped anything. We didn't do enough about Covid and we're still not doing enough about Covid. All these crying babies need to be drowned in a bathtub.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Speaking of the Michigan Governor race, I have to believe a lot of the signatures to get Soldano on the ballot will be tossed.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• If Craig says all the right things, then I figure Macomb, Kent, and the rural whiteys will be fine with it. "See, I'm not a racist!" John James came within 1.5 pts of beating Gary Peters in his second Senate race.
                  Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 09-14-2021, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• As an FYI:

There is a Drag Bingo happening every two weeks here in Grand Rapids, and I went to it last Thursday. It's definitely NOT family friendly, though it is a whole lot of fun if you're not a stick in the mud.

The morons who complained loudly about the one in Howell still dance awkwardly together to "save room for the Holy Spirit."
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                      As an FYI:

There is a Drag Bingo happening every two weeks here in Grand Rapids, and I went to it last Thursday. It's definitely NOT family friendly, though it is a whole lot of fun if you're not a stick in the mud.

The morons who complained loudly about the one in Howell still dance awkwardly together to "save room for the Holy Spirit."
                      DB is hugely popular in DC. It's a hoot!!! And my god some of the artists are geniuses.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Not a single government entity in the entire United States overstepped anything. We didn't do enough about Covid and we're still not doing enough about Covid. All these crying babies need to be drowned in a bathtub.
                        Your 1A religious freedumb rights should end where our interest in doing what have been scientifically demonstrated for decades as being the best choices for greater public health begins. Good luck getting that enshrined as a Constitutional amendment though, and it'll probably get you accused of promoting Nazi-style forced experimentation or some such blather. *yawn*

The more I see, hear, and read, the more I'm convinced that the United States has, in its present form, run its course. After 200+ years of advancements in science and technology, the Constitutional framework that we have no longer fits the two directions our country has always moved in (rural vs. urban). It needs a serious overhaul for the 21st century and perhaps even a mutual parting of ways with some states and regions of the country who want to be their own banana republics. However it will never be willingly allowed by our plutes, whose fortunes rest upon the continuation of a system in which one openly fascist party fleeces the most viscerally primal third of the population by igniting culture and race wars, whilst another mostly centrist party stands by, wrings its hands, and watches while sobbing, "Whatever shall we do?!?!"

I fear it's going to be a long, slow, ugly, Roman Empire-style collapse, except that unlike the Huns, Vandals, and Visigoths, our terrorists will be coming from inside the house.

Comment

Your 1A religious freedumb rights should end where our interest in doing what have been scientifically demonstrated for decades as being the best choices for greater public health begins. Good luck getting that enshrined as a Constitutional amendment though, and it'll probably get you accused of promoting Nazi-style forced experimentation or some such blather. *yawn*

The more I see, hear, and read, the more I'm convinced that the United States has, in its present form, run its course. After 200+ years of advancements in science and technology, the Constitutional framework that we have no longer fits the two directions our country has always moved in (rural vs. urban). It needs a serious overhaul for the 21st century and perhaps even a mutual parting of ways with some states and regions of the country who want to be their own banana republics. However it will never be willingly allowed by our plutes, whose fortunes rest upon the continuation of a system in which one openly fascist party fleeces the most viscerally primal third of the population by igniting culture and race wars, whilst another mostly centrist party stands by, wrings its hands, and watches while sobbing, "Whatever shall we do?!?!"

I fear it's going to be a long, slow, ugly, Roman Empire-style collapse, except that unlike the Huns, Vandals, and Visigoths, our terrorists will be coming from inside the house.
                          The US has faced these crises before. This is neither a particularly novel nor interesting one. The rich got too rich and started to warp democracy. The stupid got too stupid and became the rich's useful idiots.

So what? Well-meaning people of moderate or above intelligence then all politically align. That's what has happened: the Democratic party is now a party that consists of everybody in the country with any intelligence at all who isn't a complete sociopath. Yes, there are a ton of very stupid white people, but they aren't a majority and they shrink every day. So now all we have to do is keep together, don't snipe at each other, nominate halfway competent candidates, win elections, and slowly but surely take our democracy back from the dopes and the criminals. And beginning in 2020 that is what started to happen. We just have to continue on.

There isn't going to be some grand civil war. At the absolute worst, it will be the kind of disorganized, ineffective terrorism that fringe crazies try to destabilize democracies with. The conservative "boogaloo" will be on par with Aum Shinrikyo releasing ricin in the Tokyo subways. They'll hurt a bunch of people, likely mostly children. And then they'll go the way of every other horrific group of losers in American history.

The difference is, this time it isn't over a political issue -- it's their actual culture that is dying. And that will be a tremendous relief to this country that has had to carry their rotting carcass for the last several centuries. There will be conservatives afterwards -- there are always cowards and predators. But the back of the rural twanging right will be broken forever. No doubt some other awful group will take their place as the main villain of America, but it won't be them anymore thank god.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 09-14-2021, 02:48 PM.
                          Cornell University

Comment

That wont happen because the "Blues" will have all the money. All the "Reds" will have is Texas. Flo(R)ida will do whatever Di$ney tells them to do...

If the US split states like Mississippi will look like Port Au Prince.

FWIW the only way I see that happening is if the worst case scenario happens in 2024 or 2028. And that isn't just the GOP winning...it would be a Trump style hostile takeover where the will of the people is subverted by the House of Representatives. Otherwise Americans are too lazy to actually do anything no matter their political affiliation.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              If the US split states like Mississippi will look like Port Au Prince.
                              Some of the Rust Belt already looks like Cold Haiti, may as well finalize it. *shrug*

Comment

Some of the Rust Belt already looks like Cold Haiti, may as well finalize it. *shrug*
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X