This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
    Is there another state that goes all-out on the “State Fair” like MN does? I have a feeling the other states kind of probably let the tradition fall away back around the Great Depression era, but in MN it only gets bigger. Kansas? Alabama? Anyone?
    Iowa. They passed a ****ing law 5 or so years ago preventing schools from starting before the fair ends in order to protect it.

And the Broadway musical was based on Iowa's, so we have that going for us.
    Last edited by unofan; 08-31-2021, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• Yeah Iowa's is the gold standard.

I used to love the MN State Fair I would go multiple times for hours, even worked there...now I honestly cannot stand it for more than an hour. It is a microcosm of everything wrong with this country.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Yeah Iowa's is the gold standard.

I used to love the MN State Fair I would go multiple times for hours, even worked there...now I honestly cannot stand it for more than an hour. It is a microcosm of everything wrong with this country.
        Didn’t Jonah Ryan and others visit iowa fair on veep? Gosh I need to rewatch that again

Comment

• I am not sure I could watch because compared to the real world it is kinda boring.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I still love the fair but even before I moved away I only went every 2-3 years to keep it from going stale.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Yeah Iowa's is the gold standard.
              Nope. Because you can't find this at the Iowa state fair

Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• MN GOP caucus lead gazelka steps down, supposedly to announce his run for governor

Lol

Comment

• So that black Texas principle suspended for supposedly teaching critical race theory? He has a white wife and was asked to take down anniversary photo of him hugging his white wife because it makes people uncomfortable.

I hope he bankrupts Texas, piece of **** state

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    So that black Texas principle suspended for supposedly teaching critical race theory? He has a white wife and was asked to take down anniversary photo of him hugging his white wife because it makes people uncomfortable.

End the Right.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      So that black Texas principle suspended for supposedly teaching critical race theory? He has a white wife and was asked to take down anniversary photo of him hugging his white wife because it makes people uncomfortable.

It's a ****hole. And it's becoming a bigger ****hole every single day. Can't wait till billy bob gets his 12 year old daughter preggers and she doesn't find out till after 6 weeks. That's going to be a great story. Oh, wait, that **** happens all the time in the South.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                        Is there another state that goes all-out on the “State Fair” like MN does? I have a feeling the other states kind of probably let the tradition fall away back around the Great Depression era, but in MN it only gets bigger. Kansas? Alabama? Anyone?
                        If you want to be lonely and see something sad go to a state fair in New England.

My theory is state fairs vary directly with high school football. It's probably the same people. I'll bet all the Deep Fried States have amazing ones. HOnestly after the Plague ends I would love to go to a midwestern state fair.

However, I did go to a tractor pull in CT and it was awesome.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

It's a ****hole. And it's becoming a bigger ****hole every single day. Can't wait till billy bob gets his 12 year old daughter preggers and she doesn't find out till after 6 weeks. That's going to be a great story. Oh, wait, that **** happens all the time in the South.
                          Hopefully billy Bob drives daughter to another state for her abortion and then billy Bob gets sued and loses his trailer and 19 guns

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

From what I heard today, most women don't even realize they're pregnant until after six weeks.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

From what I heard today, most women don't even realize they're pregnant until after six weeks.
                              Lol you just realized that today? Yeah. Periods can be a little late.

it means virtually no abortions at all because by time time you’re late and make the appt to verify you’re over six weeks

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                                And the Broadway musical was based on Iowa's, so we have that going for us.
                                This musical is awesome and Ann-Margaret never looked so... um... datable.

OTOH, Pat Boone is a useless dweeb. Shoulda been Elvis.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X