This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    The question is why does someone want to CCW? I am not arguing to repeal such laws (nor the 2nd) but what is the purpose? I understand what the stated/claimed purpose is but that has never been realized. Not only are successful gun defenses nearly non-existent, but you're for more likely to die by gun when there is one in the home vs. when not. That the majority of CCW holders would never know what to do when faced with an opportunity for a legal gun defense and...maybe I am arguing to repeal CCW at least. ;^)
    I have no idea why someone would want to conceal carry.

As those of you who post here know, I own guns. However, they are all hunting rifles or shotguns. I don't own a handgun because, frankly, I have no use for one.

I can't imagine walking around with a gun strapped to my waist, or tucked into my pants or sock, or whatever. I'm not even a big fan of carrying a cellphone, let alone a gun. Why not just stick a hammer in your pocket, if you want to carry around something bulky, heavy and unnecessary.

Furthermore, I have no desire to carry a gun because I fear that at some point I might be tempted to actually use it, or threaten to use it, and I don't need the crap that will follow that decision.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• The theory is if the baddies don't know if you're carrying then they will assume everybody is carrying and not rob you.

In reality, if the baddies even think about it at all, they will assume everybody is carrying you and murder you.

So instead of losing your wallet you lose your life.

But it's just a dick substitute, anyway.

END the Right.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Furthermore, I have no desire to carry a gun because I fear that at some point I might be tempted to actually use it, or threaten to use it, and I don't need the crap that will follow that decision.
        That used to be the friggin standard. Now for many it is a status symbol like wearing a friggin Apple Watch or something.

If CCW was allowed at the Fair attendance would take a hit.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The question is why does someone want to CCW? I am not arguing to repeal such laws (nor the 2nd) but what is the purpose?
          One person's answer (YMMV):

When I go to the range, but make other stops on the same trip, I do not want to leave a firearm unattended in my vehicle. When it's not physically in my possession it's in my vault at home is how I was trained.

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Has the MN State Fair always had these political subplots/lithmus tests happening around it? Seems like the rural country folk like to push the buttons of the liberal city folk when they visit since they know that their kind will be there in masse alongside them, so safety in numbers kind of deal.
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• South Dakota coming hard with the family values.

Edit: sorry, it's Nebraska. Same thing.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                Has the MN State Fair always had these political subplots/lithmus tests happening around it? Seems like the rural country folk like to push the buttons of the liberal city folk when they visit since they know that their kind will be there in masse alongside them, so safety in numbers kind of deal.
                Not that I know of. The Gazelkastanians are riled up looking for a fight though.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  If CCW was allowed at the Fair attendance would take a hit.
                  Doesn't MN CCW law have a "not at public gatherings" criteria like ND?
                  https://www.legis.nd.gov/cencode/t62...est=62p1-02-05
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Edit: sorry, it's Nebraska. Same thing.
                    Governor Noem on line one for you Kep.

(If Kristi called me I'd take the call. Although a friend who's met her more than once says she should eat a sandwich.)
                    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 08-11-2021, 04:42 PM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Doesn't MN CCW law have a "not at public gatherings" criteria like ND?
                      https://www.legis.nd.gov/cencode/t62...est=62p1-02-05
                      Ouch. C'mon Minnesota....
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Our law is stupid. It was a disaster when passed and has never gotten better.

There is no need for CCW anywhere. If you don't feel safe ****ing leave.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

When I go to the range, but make other stops on the same trip, I do not want to leave a firearm unattended in my vehicle. When it's not physically in my possession it's in my vault at home is how I was trained.
                          Let me see if I can muster up any sympathy for the fact that your hobby is….inconvenient.

hmmm

nothing happening

not yet

well, I guess that’s a “no.”

If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• You spelled 'fetish' wrong.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Good Lord. You could lock the gun in traveling safe of some sort as opposed to walking around strapped because of the 0.0001% chance your vehicle is broken into and the weapon taken.

Comment

Good Lord. You could lock the gun in traveling safe of some sort as opposed to walking around strapped because of the 0.0001% chance your vehicle is broken into and the weapon taken.
                                But then he wouldn't feel like a big manly man walking around with his penile enhancement strapped on.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X