The States: Where We Wish Texas Would Secede Already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

Further driving home the point that they don't understand you can support someone, then choose to not support them after negative traits become apparent.
    Changing your mind is weakness.

Remember when they asked Dubya late in his second term if he could think of a mistake he'd made and he said no and they lionized him as "strong"?

Amygdala-Americans never got above step 2 on Maslow.

Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Howell: Beauty Beyond Drag cancelled their show because attacks and threats from the Right left them in a highly unsafe situation.

END the Right.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        Howell: Beauty Beyond Drag cancelled their show because attacks and threats from the Right left them in a highly unsafe situation.

END the Right.
        And yet the right throws "tolerance" and "acceptance" in the left's face despite having these hypocrisies are pointed out.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Bloomington Minnesota is trying to do a price event. They are getting inundated with angry conservatives threatening.

also, a group has filed some motion challenging the no fire arms allowed at the Minnesota state fair.

just another reason to avoid the fair.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            Bloomington Minnesota is trying to do a price event. They are getting inundated with angry conservatives threatening.

also, a group has filed some motion challenging the no fire arms allowed at the Minnesota state fair.

just another reason to avoid the fair.
            The state fair will NEVER allow firearms.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

The state fair will NEVER allow firearms.
              It's going to be an interesting legal question.

A conceal carry permit in Minnesota gives you the right to conceal carry throughout the state, unless otherwise restricted by law. So, the question is, where can't you conceal carry?

You can't on federal property. You can't in schools, school buses, in school zones, or in day cares. You can't in courthouses, or in state buildings within the capitol area. You can't in state correctional facilities or in state hospitals.

You also can't, if it's a private establishment (defined as a non-governmental property owned for non-governmental purposes) if that private establishment has complied with the posting requirements. You can't in churches, in peoples homes, or in colleges and universities, if they don't want you to.

It'll be interesting to see where, if at all, they can squeeze the state fairgrounds into those rules. The grounds are considered to be state property, iirc.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• State fair is private
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

State fair is private
                  I think the grounds are owned by the state.

https://www.mnstatefair.org/get-invo...orate-profile/
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Lol, stop calling 911

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...ELyjfj23p80_hE

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

The fair is a private event run by a private organization.
                      Code:

Comment

• So long sh*t bird.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/i-...bhU?li=BBnbcA1
                        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

The fair is a private event run by a private organization.
                          The State Agricultural Society, which runs the fair (for a public purpose), is a public corporation, and operates the fair on state owned property.

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/cite/37.01

In case you don't know what a public corporation is in Minnesota, this will help.

https://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/hr.../sslgterms.pdf

I think this may help clear up your confusion.

37.14 MANAGEMENT OF PROPERTY; GENERAL OFFICES.

The custody, management, and control of the fairgrounds and all fairgrounds structures are vested in the society as a department of the state, and its general offices containing its property and records must be maintained upon the fairgrounds.

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/cite/37.14
                          Last edited by SJHovey; 08-11-2021, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• The question is why does someone want to CCW? I am not arguing to repeal such laws (nor the 2nd) but what is the purpose? I understand what the stated/claimed purpose is but that has never been realized. Not only are successful gun defenses nearly non-existent, but you're for more likely to die by gun when there is one in the home vs. when not. That the majority of CCW holders would never know what to do when faced with an opportunity for a legal gun defense and...maybe I am arguing to repeal CCW at least. ;^)

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

The Minnesota Supreme Court is not going to back allowing guns at the Fair. Even if I thought they might the State Fair holds a ton of power and no one is going to stand in their way over this. All it will take is some moron who had too many Leinies getting upset at a libtrard near a GOP booth and you have a crisis.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                The question is why does someone want to CCW? I am not arguing to repeal such laws (nor the 2nd) but what is the purpose? I understand what the stated/claimed purpose is but that has never been realized. Not only are successful gun defenses nearly non-existent, but you're for more likely to die by gun when there is one in the home vs. when not. That the majority of CCW holders would never know what to do when faced with an opportunity for a legal gun defense and...maybe I am arguing to repeal CCW at least. ;^)
                                They say it is "safety". It is all about stoking fear.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X