Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Connor McGregor didn't get beat that badly ;^)
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Man Connor McGregor didn't get beat that badly ;^)
      Come out swinging and you learn truths. Some lessons are harder than others, but truth is the goal.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Interdiction to force attendance is kidnapping.
        So you support the Oregon Republicans doing the same thing year after year after year?

Civil disobedience may be morally correct, but you do it with the understanding you accept the consequences.

These legislators left the state specifically to get beyond the reach of Texas law enforcement so they couldn't be dragged back to the Capitol. They know that may still happen to them when they come back.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
          So you support the Oregon Republicans doing the same thing year after year after year?
          I support non-violent civil disobedience. That doesn't mean I support the aims of whichever group, or even consider them honorable.

As you and Lynah point out, part of buying that ticket is taking the ride. Thoreau and King went to jail. That's the price.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Texas

Starting September 1st, the state of Texas is offering a $10,000 bounty to any private citizen willing to sue another person who, in some way, helped make an abortion possible. The potential list of targets for such lawsuits is endless: from a pregnant person’s doctor and nurses, a therapist or pastor who offered moral support, a partner who helped pay for the procedure, a friend (even an Uber driver) who drove the patient to the clinic. Under the new law — which a group of doctors, clergy and clinic owners sued to block Tuesday — any or all of them could be taken to court by a stranger with no connection to the patient whatsoever and forced to pay a minimum of $10,000 each, plus legal fees, for “aiding or abetting” an abortion.
            These ****ers can't keep their grid operable but they can pay people to narc about abortions.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Texas

These ****ers can't keep their grid operable but they can pay people to narc about abortions.
              That is so unconstitutional it will get shot down 7-2. Even Kavanaugh and Alito won't go that far to Gilead.
              Cornell University

Comment

Texas

All part of the plan. Fixing the grid doesn't get votes. Abortion narc does.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• “Tell us your political beliefs or else.”

This is what will be required of Florida’s public university students and faculty under a new law. Recently, the Republican Florida Legislature passed SB 233, which mandates the State Board of Education to conduct an annual survey of the “intellectual freedom and viewpoint diversity” on each campus. Once it was passed by the Legislature, it was signed into law by Republican Governor Ron DeSantis.

This bill will survey the staff and students at public universities about their political beliefs. The bill and the resulting surveys are dangerous and an overreach of the government. We should not compel universities to ask their employees or students about their political beliefs. This is big government and an intrusion into the rights of people.
                  https://theentrepreneurfund.com/flor...publicans-are/
                  A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• No matter how many times that gets posted it never fails to **** me off.

I would like an honest response to that from Hovey and Sicatoka. They can't support crap like that.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Texas

Texas also counts miscarriages legally as abortion, don't they? God forbid someone loses their embryo naturally and get sued...
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

No matter how many times that gets posted it never fails to **** me off.

I would like an honest response to that from Hovey and Sicatoka. They can't support crap like that.
                        You missed ... this.
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

You missed ... this.
                          I forgot you posted that. Thanks for the reminder.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• What's going on with this Minnesota State Rep John Thompson fellow?

A WISCONSIN driver's license, and it's suspended (for not paying child support)?

And he gets pulled for ... no front plate? Seriously? Seriously? < sigh > Pretty sure there's more serious stuff going on in the seven county metro.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2021/0...sidency-issues

(Which of you are going to admit you live in MN67A now? I'm guessing ... Scoob?)
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• I am 45B :^)

I am not sure how I feel about all of that. The dude comes off as an epic tool (DONT YOU KNOW WHO I AM!?!?!?!?) but none of this is really worth the outrage it is getting. I agree with him on a lot of things but hate the way he goes about it sometimes.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I am 45B :^)

I am not sure how I feel about all of that. The dude comes off as an epic tool (DONT YOU KNOW WHO I AM!?!?!?!?) but none of this is really worth the outrage it is getting. I agree with him on a lot of things but hate the way he goes about it sometimes.
                                The rest, meh, politician dealing with cops ... too normal, but ...

"He was cited for driving on a suspended (WISCONSIN) license due to unpaid child support." <-- a trifecta of things to not like

But again < shaking head > pulled over for no front plate.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X