This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Pff. Ignore the pikers. Go to the master.
    How do you come up with this stuff so quickly?

Or equal parts O'Keeffe and Picasso.

Comment

• Ahhh Minnesota liquor laws

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...0oUigvNwz9gE7A

Comment

• Waconia rep only cares because he has Waconia brewing in his district I’m guessing. Big enough to distribute. Small enough to sell growlers.

edit. wait I’ve got it backwards. Huh
        Last edited by dxmnkd316; 02-16-2021, 08:27 AM.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Ugh I hate when I have to agree with a member of the MNGOP but our liquor laws are just stupid*. We need to get past this crap and start living in the 21st century. The Teamsters can shut up now...

see also: Marijuana, gambling, fireworks...etc.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Hey - did you guys know there were Nazis in Georgia?

Georgia Republicans Are Trying to Change the Rules for Fani Willis’s Prosecution of Donald Trump for Election Crimes (msn.com)
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• The UP in one video.

(This could easily also be Upstate NY.)
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• What a waste of time. It won't pass with the supermajority needed and would never survive the voter ratification. Even if by some chance it did the likelihood it does before the investigation is concluded is slim to none.

Good to know GA has no pressing issues...
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• So let me get this straight: Texas has its own power grid because f- the feds and their regulations but somehow all the blackouts and power problems are the fault of the Democrats and the Green New Deal?
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

What a waste of time. It won't pass with the supermajority needed and would never survive the voter ratification. Even if by some chance it did the likelihood it does before the investigation is concluded is slim to none.

Good to know GA has no pressing issues...
                    Well, to be fair, if "expectations for passing" were the standard, we wouldn't have impeached Trump twice, either.
                    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• A few things happening in Idaho

House passed a bill (51-19; still needs to go through the Senate) that says local communities will need state legislature approval to remove or rename anything after a historical figure. During debate I read that one member asked the bill's sponsor if that meant that if say a street named after a historical figure was removed to make way for a new development (as in the street wouldnt even exist anymore) if that would need approval, and the sponsor said yes.

Another R state senator is trying to push through a bill that would make Idaho perhaps the most restrictive state in the country when it comes to ballot initiatives. Basically, it would require getting 6% of all registered voters in each of 35 legislative districts to sign on. The claim is that rural districts don't get a voice unless you put this requirement on. The current regs say you need 6% of all registered voters statewide and at least 6% in each of at least 18 districts. Because of this only one initiative has even made it to the ballot in 18 years. It was Medicaid expansion. They DID get signatures for it from all 44 counties. And it won with a majority in 35 counties. But of course the legislature didn't like that and still tried to block it.

The state house majority leader is pushing to make "ballot harvesting" a felony. He wants to make it so that only family members can deliver/drop of a ballot and that they are limited to 2 at a time. A fellow R noted that they live 20 miles from their nearest polling location. They noted that they had their adult daughter take the families ballots to the drop off location (4 total ballots) this past year. By the new rule, the 20-year old daughter would be a felon. The leader's response: "So, you have to take two trips to the post office. I understand that concern. But you know what, voting shouldn't be easy." The fact that tampering with a ballot by anyone other than the voter is already a felony under Idaho law.

While they are looking at passing a medical marijuana bill, it would be the nations most restrictive. At the same time, there is a push to get a constitutional ban of recreation marijuana on the ballot.

As of last week, the state has not approved spending $900 million in COVID-19 aid from the feds despite an overwhelming plea from the people to do so. Really focusing on that important stuff already mentioned....

So yeah. We got that going for us..... :|

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        So let me get this straight: Texas has its own power grid because f- the feds and their regulations but somehow all the blackouts and power problems are the fault of the Democrats and the Green New Deal?
                        The connection might be that some of that power comes from wind turbines, and they are apparently not working because it is too cold.
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

The connection might be that some of that power comes from wind turbines, and they are apparently not working because it is too cold.
                          Except the Green New Deal hasn't passed yet and last I checked Dems don't control Texas...

There is no connection. Of course the people saying this also said California should have swept away the brush to avoid all the wildfires and blamed that on Dems too so there ya go.

I love all the people who are responding to Cruz and his request for aid like this:

Last edited by Handyman; 02-16-2021, 04:45 PM.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

Well, to be fair, if "expectations for passing" were the standard, we wouldn't have impeached Trump twice, either.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Except the Green New Deal hasn't passed yet and last I checked Dems don't control Texas...

There is no connection. Of course the people saying this also said California should have swept away the brush to avoid all the wildfires and blamed that on Dems too so there ya go.

I love all the people who are responding to Cruz and his request for aid like this:

I know, I meant connection in that they are using the fact that the wind turbines aren't working as proof the Green New Deal wouldn't work. I agree it's just a talking point.

It should also be noted that wind turbines can work when it is as cold as it is down there...the equipment just isn't winterized, and there are frozen components of gas and coal plants too that is decreasing supply.

Electricity prices are skyrocketing down there right now.
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Texas has their own power grid, they don't want to be regulated by the feds, so what's going on there is completely on the Republicans there and on them alone.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X