• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    https://***********/JeffFlake/status...55893450264577

Trump: The Grift that keeps on giving!
    Now Flake's a big, brave man.

Slunk away like a whipped dog when it might have mattered.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Its not about Flake, its about the numbers he is touting. 10k people changing the registration after the state already flipped Blue for all statewide elections is kind of a big deal.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I don't think it's as big of a deal as you and Flakey are making it out to be. Lots of Dumpies have gone to registering as independents. They'll still vote for any R candidate that supports Dump, and the AZ GOP has proven that they're ready to go full fascist and field those types of candidates.

Comment

• 106 bills introduced already this year to restrict voting.

**** the gop

https://mobile.***********/AriBerman...56538082144261

Comment

I like when I have those conversations in person...the amount of just staring I do becomes unsettling to them so they either shut up or start to actually think for once. Like when people talk about the $20 a week they save cause of a tax cut that costs them way more than that when they do their taxes.

I also enjoy when they talk about how restaurant workers don't deserve to make a livable wage but then wonder why their service is always so bad when they go out.
            Better be careful. Minnesota stare-downs have been known to turn deadly.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Its not about Flake, its about the numbers he is touting. 10k people changing the registration after the state already flipped Blue for all statewide elections is kind of a big deal.
              Registration doesn't matter. How will they vote?

In two years, they're all gonna hit that box next to R.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                106 bills introduced already this year to restrict voting.

**** the gop

https://mobile.***********/AriBerman...56538082144261
                Good news for the Alaska ones is they were caught early by the press and now it’s out in the public.

One of the bills introduced is trying to overturn automatic voter registration when you apply for the PFD, something passed by a ballot initiative like four years ago. So yeah, they won’t pass.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Of course this drunk is running for a seat

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...1NZ8mZjUTNXFHw
                  My parents' old district. Lucky for them, they just moved out of it this past fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    I don't think it's as big of a deal as you and Flakey are making it out to be. Lots of Dumpies have gone to registering as independents. They'll still vote for any R candidate that supports Dump, and the AZ GOP has proven that they're ready to go full fascist and field those types of candidates.
                    Will they? Because Maricopa went Blue AGAINST Dump and McSally twice. The AZGOP is full derp, the non-derps are leaving.

You would be right, except the facts prove you wrong ;^)
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Maricopa is purple. 50.3-48.1. There's plenty of derp left.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Registration doesn't matter. How will they vote?

In two years, they're all gonna hit that box next to R.
                        Like they did in November? (or two years ago)

Arizona already flipped and the AZGOP is taking every step to make sure it stays that way.

They didnt vote R in either Senate election or the Presidential. All of the GOPers in those elections were Trumpers. That is 3 elections rejecting Trump.

This isnt like the story out of North Carolina where they are changing registrations...that state was Red so it is likely a nothingburger. Arizona flipped Blue by a slim margin because they rejected Trump...it seems less likely they will flip back by doubling down on Trump which is why the non-Trumpers are leaving the Party. (that and the McCain stuff)

I am sure the local elections will stay similar but on the national stage it is a bigger deal than you want to pretend it is.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                          Maricopa is purple. 50.3-48.1. There's plenty of derp left.
                          But purple isnt Red. And every day more Blue is moving in. Check the Demos from 2016 and compare to the last 2018 and 2020. That is why Flake is making a big deal out of it. Soon all that will be left on that side of the aisle will be derp. The McCains of the world will vote for crackpot Libertarian candidates like Jorgensen which is fine by me and the Dems. (ask Biden!)

Derp is never going away...the best way to beat them is demographically. What you are saying is the same stuff they were saying about Virginia not that long ago. (I was one of them!)

I mean 10k may not sound like much...but what exactly did Biden win by again?

edit: I am not saying Arizona won't flip back, I am saying that they are making it tougher if they double down on the things that were rejected in the national elections by their voters.
                          Last edited by Handyman; 01-27-2021, 12:39 PM.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            Maricopa is purple. 50.3-48.1. There's plenty of derp left.
                            There is but it's being pushed out. Maricopa is rushing headlong towards civilization, the way western WA, western OR, and northern VA did before them. The GOP that will be left in 10 years will be Scottsdale golf club chuds, not Cletus and Nadine.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              The GOP that will be left in 10 years will be Scottsdale golf club chuds, not Cletus and Nadine.
                              Leave Nadine out of this, that woman invented perfectly silent drape runners! She just needs to strap those boots and she'll have a million-dollar business on her hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Leave Nadine out of this, that woman invented perfectly silent drape runners! She just needs to strap those boots and she'll have a million-dollar business on her hands.

My Log says Nadine is a crackpot!
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X