• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

And?
    Focus your efforts on the federal stuff. Leave Minnesota to the Minnesotans

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

I want you to collect enough that you don't have to take fed dollars.

I'm only thinking of you.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Exactly. 1% represents a somewhat substantial hike on the 1%. A 10% hike on anything > $1MM/$500K is the proposal I believe.

For reference, 2021 brackets:
        RATE MARRIED JOINT SINGLE
        5.35% $0 - $39,810 $0 - $27,230
        6.80% $39,810 - $158,140 ​$27,230 - $89,440
        7.85% $158,140 - $276,200 $89,440 - $166,040
        9.85% >$276,200 >$166,040
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I want you to collect enough that you don't have to take fed dollars.

I'm only thinking of you.
          I'm curious about your proposals for
          • Wisconsin and their foreign aid plan
          • Hawaii's defense budget
          • West Virginia's Medicare plan
          • New York's Social Security benefits
          • How you propose to carve up the national debt service

Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• The reason we have federal Medicare and Social Security programs is because if took those away and let the states run them, it would probably be recognized as genocide in 50 years.
            Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I'm curious about your proposals for
              • Wisconsin and their foreign aid plan
              • Hawaii's defense budget
              • West Virginia's Medicare plan
              • New York's Social Security benefits
              • How you propose to carve up the national debt service

Does nobody get jokes anymore?

Especially cascading jokes?
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Does nobody get jokes anymore?

Especially cascading jokes?
                Poe's law?
                Code:

Comment

Poe's law?
                  Fair point.

Also, ouch.
                  Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Thoughts and prayers...

Why do poor people think they are part of the 1%?
                    This. A facebook acquaintance was whining about Biden's proposed changes to 401Ks (no deduction for contributions, straight 26% tax *credit* for all contributions instead). I had to explain to him that the people this "hurt" would be those who were in a marginal bracket higher than 26%, i.e. people with an AGI > $160K. That's only about 6% of earners in the US, and of those 6%, I bet half don't contribute to 401ks - the idle rich, sole proprietors, etc. So he was whining about something that was going to hurt 3% of the country by a very small amount (roughly $1600 difference in taxes for those making more than $160K AND maxing out their 401k contribution), when he hadn't even done the math to see who it would hurt. Conversely, it helps a ton of people. If you're making $50K a year with a couple kids, you probably barely pay taxes, so a 401K deduction is worth $0 to you. With Biden's plan, you get back $260 cash for every $1000 you scrape together to contribute - that's real money for that guy.

But nope. Just "Biden is the devil and he's coming for our 401ks!!11!1!11!"
                    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• I like when I have those conversations in person...the amount of just staring I do becomes unsettling to them so they either shut up or start to actually think for once. Like when people talk about the $20 a week they save cause of a tax cut that costs them way more than that when they do their taxes.

I also enjoy when they talk about how restaurant workers don't deserve to make a livable wage but then wonder why their service is always so bad when they go out.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Of course this drunk is running for a seat

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...1NZ8mZjUTNXFHw

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

This. A facebook acquaintance was whining about Biden's proposed changes to 401Ks (no deduction for contributions, straight 26% tax *credit* for all contributions instead). I had to explain to him that the people this "hurt" would be those who were in a marginal bracket higher than 26%, i.e. people with an AGI > $160K. That's only about 6% of earners in the US, and of those 6%, I bet half don't contribute to 401ks - the idle rich, sole proprietors, etc. So he was whining about something that was going to hurt 3% of the country by a very small amount (roughly $1600 difference in taxes for those making more than $160K AND maxing out their 401k contribution), when he hadn't even done the math to see who it would hurt. Conversely, it helps a ton of people. If you're making $50K a year with a couple kids, you probably barely pay taxes, so a 401K deduction is worth $0 to you. With Biden's plan, you get back $260 cash for every $1000 you scrape together to contribute - that's real money for that guy.

But nope. Just "Biden is the devil and he's coming for our 401ks!!11!1!11!"
                          I’m going to screenshot this post and use it if that’s ok. It’s a brilliant run down of Biden’s plan and it’s going to save me a lot of time
                          Code:

Comment

• https://twitter.com/JeffFlake/status...55893450264577

As of today, 9,944 Arizona Republicans have changed their party registration since the assault on the U.S. Capitol on January 6th. Please, fellow Republicans, we cannot continue to excuse former President Trump's behavior and promote falsehoods about the election.
                            Trump: The Grift that keeps on giving!
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I’m going to screenshot this post and use it if that’s ok. It’s a brilliant run down of Biden’s plan and it’s going to save me a lot of time
                              Feel free - just please add one citation for proper attribution:

1 - “Simple Math.” Doo, Scooby. Circa 2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                https://twitter.com/JeffFlake/status...55893450264577

Trump: The Grift that keeps on giving!
                                May he be a millstone around their necks for years to come.

Comment

Working...
                                X