The States: Where We Wish Texas Would Secede Already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missouri is ... something....

The MO Legislature wants to make taking down a Confederate monument a Class B Felony punishable by 5-15 years in prison....
    https://***********/rmneiss/status/1353798065661112322

If you run a print shop that people use to print signs for a protest, or if you're a cafe owner who donates coffee to protesters, or if you're a church or offers free space for trainings the Missouri legislature wants to make you a felon:
    https://***********/rmneiss/status/1353799267601829888

But let's be fair -- it's not all bad -- the State of Missouri wants to expand your rights to shoot any protester without criminal or civil penalties...
    https://***********/rmneiss/status/1353801029557628929

Can't believe I missed this one the first time around -- if you say something mean to a cop during a protest and they experience "emotional distress" you can be found guilty of harassment in the second degree, a class A misdemeanor.
    https://***********/rmneiss/status/1353805465243836416
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
      Missouri is ... something....

The MO Legislature wants to make taking down a Confederate monument a Class B Felony punishable by 5-15 years in prison....
      https://***********/rmneiss/status/1353798065661112322

If you run a print shop that people use to print signs for a protest, or if you're a cafe owner who donates coffee to protesters, or if you're a church or offers free space for trainings the Missouri legislature wants to make you a felon:
      https://***********/rmneiss/status/1353799267601829888

But let's be fair -- it's not all bad -- the State of Missouri wants to expand your rights to shoot any protester without criminal or civil penalties...
      https://***********/rmneiss/status/1353801029557628929

Can't believe I missed this one the first time around -- if you say something mean to a cop during a protest and they experience "emotional distress" you can be found guilty of harassment in the second degree, a class A misdemeanor.
      https://***********/rmneiss/status/1353805465243836416
      Good... They got the rope...

Now let them hang themselves...

Seriously, we just need to push the right buttons and we can make a huge dent in the problems that currently face our nation...
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• They understand "Stop the Steal" is a protest right?
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Missouri is always on the forefront. Without them, I’d never have leaned a woman can’t get pregnant from a rape

Comment

• Liberals are morally and ethically superior to conservatives, exhibit 345782.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom and the state’s top two legislative leaders pledged Monday to pay off 80% of most people’s unpaid rent that has piled up during the coronavirus pandemic — but only if landlords agree to forgive the other 20%.

The proposal, which must be approved by the Legislature, could wipe out potentially billions of dollars in debt hanging over renters in the nation’s most populous state by using federal relief money to compel landlords to forgive debt. It also would extend a law scheduled to expire next Monday that bans landlords from evicting people as long as they pay at least 25% of their rent.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Wow...
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Liberals are morally and ethically superior to conservatives, exhibit 345782.
                You think the landlords were ever going to get that back rent otherwise?
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Missouri is always on the forefront. Without them, I’d never have leaned a woman can’t get pregnant from a rape
                  Well, she CAN, if she enjoyed it. You know how them sluts are.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

You think the landlords were ever going to get that back rent otherwise?
                    No but without that they would have gotten nothing. Likely would have not been able to rent it out after either meaning the market gets severely depressed. Plus by taking some burden off of the renter they are likely to be able to put money in the economy.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      I actually think this is ****ing genius. Peel money off the stupidest people. You only have so long to strip them of their money because they are in fact so stupid and someone might beat you to it. This is brilliant.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

No but without that they would have gotten nothing. Likely would have not been able to rent it out after either meaning the market gets severely depressed. Plus by taking some burden off of the renter they are likely to be able to put money in the economy.
                        The point he’s making is that California should have just told the landlords to **** off. This wasn’t for the renters, it was for the landlords.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

What's going on here is that bank's are putting pressure on the government. It's going to happen pretty soon here in Minnesota as well.

Renters aren't paying landlords. Landlords aren't paying the banks. Eviction and foreclosure moratoriums are basically making banks fund this little adventure, for the time being.

The rental market isn't going to be depressed once these moratoriums end. It's just going to be musical chairs. Thousands of people are going to be evicted because they haven't paid rent for a year. So there will be thousands of people looking for housing. But, coincidentally, there are going to be thousands of units that just opened up and are available. You just don't want to be left outside when the music stops.

I think it'll be interesting to see what sort of behind the scenes "blacklisting" we see with tenants. The big landlords talk among themselves quite a bit, that I know for a fact.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I actually think this is ****ing genius. Peel money off the stupidest people. You only have so long to strip them of their money because they are in fact so stupid and someone might beat you to it. This is brilliant.
                            I have no issue with it either. State brings in however much money they'll get selling licenses to hunt Bigfoot, meanwhile, no Bigfoots(Bigfeet?) ever get shot.

Win win in my book.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

The point he’s making is that California should have just told the landlords to **** off. This wasn’t for the renters, it was for the landlords.
                              All that does is kick the can down the road. California can't make them forgive all the past due loans so a bailout was going to have to come some time. Better to do it now before the money is even worse.

I think you are looking at this way to cynically...and remember this is me saying that.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

What's going on here is that bank's are putting pressure on the government. It's going to happen pretty soon here in Minnesota as well.

Renters aren't paying landlords. Landlords aren't paying the banks. Eviction and foreclosure moratoriums are basically making banks fund this little adventure, for the time being.

The rental market isn't going to be depressed once these moratoriums end. It's just going to be musical chairs. Thousands of people are going to be evicted because they haven't paid rent for a year. So there will be thousands of people looking for housing. But, coincidentally, there are going to be thousands of units that just opened up and are available. You just don't want to be left outside when the music stops.

I think it'll be interesting to see what sort of behind the scenes "blacklisting" we see with tenants. The big landlords talk among themselves quite a bit, that I know for a fact.
                                If people can't pay rent now they wont be able to in a year either especially if they have an eviction on their record. (which is why the moratorium is super important) Housing will be available but landlords will have to cut the cost or it will be like a lot those condos all over the TC area...empty and worthless. That is what I mean by depressed...prices not supply or demand.

The TC area has needed a correction for a while (things are way too overpriced) and this is, imho, going to be the impetus for that.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X