The States: Where We Wish Texas Would Secede Already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Where We Wish Texas Would Secede Already

Jennifer Carroll Foy files for VA Governor. She would be the first black female governor (because Abrams was robbed), and the first governor who recognizes me on sight.
    Last edited by Kepler; 05-27-2020, 10:08 AM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Jennifer Carroll Foy files for VA Governor. She would be the first black female governor (because Abrams was robbed), and the first governor who recognizes me on sight.
      And runs the other direction?
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Also not the worst time for the VA Dems to run an African-American candidate because...you know...

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          And runs the other direction?
          I'm sure it's only a coincidence.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Comment

Jesus christ...
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

....would throw the GOP right out of the temple.
                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

I’m shocked

“ BREAKING: The all-Republican Texas Supreme Court has ruled that a lack of coronavirus immunity alone does not allow voters to qualify for mail-in voting.

“We agree with the State that a voter’s lack of immunity to COVID-19, without more, is not a ‘disability’ as defined by the Election Code,” the court wrote.”

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    I’m shocked

“ BREAKING: The all-Republican Texas Supreme Court has ruled that a lack of coronavirus immunity alone does not allow voters to qualify for mail-in voting.

“We agree with the State that a voter’s lack of immunity to COVID-19, without more, is not a ‘disability’ as defined by the Election Code,” the court wrote.”
                    Anyone know where to get a HAZMAT suit?

Asking for a friend...
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I’m shocked

Texas was in trouble. The GOP are fighting back.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

You left out the pièce de résistance: this vote came in on Zoom. They remotely voted due to a pandemic that you can’t remotely vote due to a pandemic.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          You left out the pièce de résistance: this vote came in on Zoom. They remotely voted due to a pandemic that you can’t remotely vote due to a pandemic.
                          OppositeOfChefsKiss.jpeg
                          Code:
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I’m shocked

Not so fast...

The Texas Supreme Court on Wednesday ruled that a lack of immunity to the new coronavirus does not qualify a voter to apply for a mail-in ballot.
                            However...

Texas voters can qualify for mail-in ballots only if they are 65 years or older, have a disability or illness, will be out of the county during the election period, or are confined in jail. The Texas election code defines disability as a “sickness or physical condition” that prevents a voter from appearing in person without the risk of “injuring the voter’s health.”

Though the court sided with Paxton's interpretation of what constitutes a disability, it indicated it was up to voters to assess their own health and determine if they met the state's definition.

"The decision to apply to vote by mail based on a disability is the voter’s, subject to a correct understanding of the statutory definition of 'disability'," the court said in its order.

The high court also rejected Paxton’s request to prevent local election officials from sending mail-in ballots to voters who were citing lack of immunity to the coronavirus as a disability.
                            When voters cite disability to request an absentee ballot, they're not required to say what the disability is. The voters simply check a box on the application form, and if their application is properly filled out, locals officials are supposed to send them a ballot. The state ultimately conceded that officials can't reject those voters.

Comment

People have lied on their absentee applications for years. Officials aren't going to come beat down your door on Election Day to confirm you're not there. Who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                People have lied on their absentee applications for years. Officials aren't going to come beat down your door on Election Day to confirm you're not there. Who cares?
                                Sure about that?
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X