X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Where We Wish Texas Would Secede Already

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Ruh roh Frey will have a recall attempt too

“ BREAKING: Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey has signed an order that will require people over the age of 2 to wear a covering over their nose and mouth when they are inside "indoor spaces of public accommodation."
    As the parent of a 2-year-old....Good Luck!
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
      As the parent of a 2-year-old
      I didn't know that! Congratulations / oh dude I'm so sorry.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        I didn't know that! Congratulations / oh dude I'm so sorry.
        And a 10 month old. We've been busy in FL!
        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
          And a 10 month old. We've been busy in FL!
          All systems go, as it were.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

There’s a line???

“ Republicans are pulling their support from a California House candidate after a report revealed a litany of social media posts on his personal account in recent years, including posts that accused prominent Democrats of murder and demeaned Muslims. Two posts included calling the Islamic prophet Muhammad a rapist and a pedophile and accusing Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters of “hitting the crack pipe too hard.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...eptable-social

Comment

There’s a line???

“ Republicans are pulling their support from a California House candidate after a report revealed a litany of social media posts on his personal account in recent years, including posts that accused prominent Democrats of murder and demeaned Muslims. Two posts included calling the Islamic prophet Muhammad a rapist and a pedophile and accusing Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters of “hitting the crack pipe too hard.”

I think we found the GOP's 2024 candidate if Ivanka or Jared doesn't want it...
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

There’s a line???

Dumpy won't be happy with that. Bet he Tweets out his support for the guy soon!

Comment

There’s a line???

Translation: internal polling had him losing.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    Yeah this won't go well for him. Even with how "blue" MPLS is.
                    No, that won't.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I was wondering what Issa has been up to

“ Former GOP congressman Darrell Issa and the conservative group Judicial Watch have filed a lawsuit challenging Democratic California Gov. Gavin Newsom's order to send every registered voter a ballot for the November election, calling it a "an unlawful attempt to supersede and replace California election law.”

Comment

“ Former GOP congressman Darrell Issa and the conservative group Judicial Watch have filed a lawsuit challenging Democratic California Gov. Gavin Newsom's order to send every registered voter a ballot for the November election, calling it a "an unlawful attempt to supersede and replace California election law.”
                        He's found a home with those jokers.

I wonder whether Republicans are worried by the complete lack of intelligence of everybody in their movement. That will catch up with them eventually. Maybe not with their voters who appear to be as dumb as they are, but with policy and law to say nothing of competence.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 05-22-2020, 10:19 AM.
                        Cornell University

Comment

The part I'm not sure about is what is the legal basis for the lawsuit? As in is there some provision in state law that specifically bans the distribution of absentee ballots to every registered voter? Or did the feds shut down Issa's car theft ring and now he has nothing else to do but file frivolous lawsuits?
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

In Michigan they are trying to make the argument that the law says an absentee ballot has to be actively requested by the voter, therefore an application must also be actively requested by the voter.

Comment

I think there is something similar in California (and probably most states?) where you actually have to apply for the absentee ballot. I think there is an exception in California if you live in a precinct where there are very few voters, then they just mail one to you.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I dont see courts in a Blue State (or with judges that actually think) holding that standard in a time of a pandemic. It would seem reasonable for a Governor to take action and make sure everyone is safe by mailing them a ballot. I am not sure this is the hill to die on which is exactly why they will.

Issa used to be alright...he lost his mind after Obama won.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X