This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Where We Wish Texas Would Secede Already

With the torrential rains hammering the midwest, an emergency evacuation order was just issued for central lower Michigan because two dams have been breeched, potentially putting an entire town, and a large DOW chemical plant, under nine feet of water.
    Last edited by aparch; 05-19-2020, 10:48 PM.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
      With the torrential rains hammering the midwest, an emergency evacuation order was just issued for central lower Michigan because two dams have been breeched, potentially putting an entire town, and a large DOW chemical plant, under nine feet of water.
      Gods wrath as he’s mad at that ***** whitmer!

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Not just any Dow plant - THE Dow plant/headquarters. Also some large cooling ponds, a couple of landfills, and who knows whatever the fck else they've dumped over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          Except lots of people don't itemize. And you don't keep receipts for that pizza you just had delivered.
          Wait, so people always have to do the same thing forever and not learn how to file taxes different each year?

Nowai.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            ...and who knows whatever the fck else they've dumped over the years.
            If it's anything like the abandoned DOW rail yard in Marquette, it's a while bunch of chemicals that are best left undisturbed: as in, they put two feet of topsoil over it and told everyone to never dig in that area ever again.

Sure makes for some great soccer fields and parking lots though...

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I'm gonna guess this isn't how Sanford, MI usually looks, though I can't be sure:

Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

This is 10 minutes up the road from Midland, in Sanford, MI.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/TQAHifMMZdWQaP1L8

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    I'm gonna guess this isn't how Sanford, MI usually looks, though I can't be sure:
                    While fishing and boating are large parts of that community, main street does not double as a boat launch normally.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

So because of this forum I have a pretty good mental picture of the UP but what about places like Sanford in the fat part of the mitten? Are they god awful abandoned rust belt, or god awful rural tundra, or ... what?
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

And while all this is happening Trump chooses to rail against Whitmer and the Secretary of State for mailing absentee/vote-by-mail applications to all residents instead of offering any condolences or assistance to those affected by flooding.

And Governor Whitmer announced in her press conference last night about the emergency declaration executive order she signed that ALL agencies will be working together to be on the same page when it comes to requesting federal funding. She apparently knew the fight with Trump was coming for FEMA assistance and is making sure she also does things by the book.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          So because of this forum I have a pretty good mental picture of the UP but what about places like Sanford in the fat part of the mitten? I have no idea of what those areas are like? Are they god awful abandoned rust belt, or god awful rural tundra, or ... what?
                          It's the UP, but more second home/retirees from the car factories. Midland, Traverse City, Houghton Lake (no relation to Houghton) are "up North" for those from East Lansing/Flint/Saginaw/Detroit.

F2B&G can probably articulate it better.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Midland is not "Up North". "Up North" does not start until Pinconning/Standish.

Midland is a company town built by and for Dow, it is part of the "Tri-Cities" area which includes Bay City and Sagnasty...er, Saginaw. It is a very rust-belty area with declining cities surrounded by farmland.

Comment

I remember thinking about interviewing with Dow and realized I would likely end up in midland. That was a hell I didn’t really want to entertain.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                I remember thinking about interviewing with Dow and realized I would likely end up in midland. That was a hell I didn’t really want to entertain.
                                Cute enough downtown, but not a hell of a lot to do there except eat/drink and hope to find a SO to make babies with. They have a couple golf courses, a few parks, a single-A minor league baseball team whose park doubles as a concert venue, the Dow Gardens and home, and a dying indoor mall. That's basically it.

Comment

Working...
                                X