Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Where We Wish Texas Would Secede Already

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Walz for sure wont give in. The guy is an educator he understands you never give an inch to the student whining that things arent fair.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. He's already backslid from his first order.

The problem that Walz has is that he can't say for how long. All he can do is kick the can down the road two weeks at a time.

That'll work for awhile, but then it won't.

Even the best scientists on the subject have acknowledged that it's impossible to assume you can just keep everything locked down indefinitely.

I think you'll see Walz do what a number of other governors do, which is some sort of very, very gradual re-opening. Little pieces here and there.

I don't think there is any other way to do it.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      He should tell them to pound sand. I hope rube didn’t use the term settling to mean settle the case but I dunno.

We do not need to give in to these nonsensical idiots. Giving them concessions just means they’ll try and take more next time.
      The case is BS. Walz is setting conditions to open up certain businesses, and as time goes on, we'll see more of this. Restaurants at less than capacity, or maybe only outdoor seating, for example. Listening to the complaints, explaining what's going to happen, and then let them deal with it. For example, the golf courses. Rules were implemented, and then they opened up, due to the demand of the golfers. Seems to be working rather well, from what I've been hearing.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        I wouldn't be so sure about that. He's already backslid from his first order.

I think you'll see Walz do what a number of other governors do, which is some sort of very, very gradual re-opening. Little pieces here and there.
        You call it backsliding, but I call it doing what you say he'll do in the second paragraph.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          You call it backsliding, but I call it doing what you say he'll do in the second paragraph.
          Yep, he's looking at each type of business, seeing if it can open within the safety guidelines, and if so, he greenlights. If not, then nope, still closed.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            I think we're both right. I think that he's going to do a very slow re-open, which is a retreat (or a backslide) from his original order.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              I think we're both right. I think that he's going to do a very slow re-open, which is a retreat (or a backslide) from his original order.
              When did he say a slow re-open wasnt a part of the plan? Go back and listen to his original PC on the subject he is doing almost exactly what he said he would do and his dates arent that far off either. (extended a bit)

The plan was never a hard lockdown all the way through, it was hardcore for a few weeks then easing as the curve flattened.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

MN. I think we found the 2 black Dumpies.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  jfc
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Diamond and Silk?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Jesus effing Christ . And some men don’t like hearing that maybe they have an issue with women

Comment

The saddest part is 50% of white women have a problem with women.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

"I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            Yes, yes, I think we’re well aware at this point that one of the reasons Kentucky is poor is because a lot of its citizens work in retail/restaurant/hospitality jobs, which are inherently low-paying, and McConnell is a f-cking hypocrite about it. Isn’t your state of Michigan second? Either way, it sucks.
                            My wife is one of those laid off from her job and making more on unemployment than she did working 24-30 hours week. She hates Trump, then McConnell, and the coronavirus pandemic has made her excited to vote Democrat in November, instead of just voting for who I tell her to vote for. Not enough like her in Kentucky to overcome the Trump lovers that vote for McConnell in presidential years, but enough to vote in a “D” governor during the off-cycle elections.

Comment

Don't give WV the internet.
                              Cornell University
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Oklahoma: I see your Boston driving and raise.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X