X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Where We Wish Texas Would Secede Already

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
    Right. And, true to form, since all the solutions are bad, you declare them all to be equal - just pick one, doesn't matter, they're all the same.

Tell you what - let's keep the economy shut down, and when we get to 1000 suicides per day - heck, even 500 (normal US rate is ~138 per day) THEN we can start to have a discussion about whether keeping things shut is worse than not.

2000. Deaths. Per. Day.

WITH a half-hearted shutdown.

It's not even close.

But no, since keeping things shut might lead to this one suicide that otherwise wouldn't have happened, keeping things shut might be just as bad.

What a joke.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Rube find me more than 1 or 2 putt-putts that would be large enough to social distance. Most it's 5 feet from one green to the next tee, the size of each barely manages to house 4 people none of whom would be 6 feet apart. You're trying way too hard here to "but but".

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Teens in need of an excuse for a f-cking date disagree.

Won't someone think of the children?
        Thought all they needed was a back seat.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          Then, shut everything down except hospitals and care centers. Everything. Let the economy rot, and deal with people going bankrupt and maybe committing suicide, or others starving to death, etc etc.
          I'm good with that. Instead of the government handing out millions to millionaires, just cut every taxpayer a check for $2000/month until this is over. College students and younger working part time maybe $1000/month. Make government work for the people for once, instead of the 1%

There has to some balance. Has to be. That's the tough decision that no one wants to make. They are trying, little by little. There is no good solution to this. None.
          No, there doesn't. The priority should be on saving lives. If that cause hardship for the people, then that's where government should be involved, to mitigate that hardship, until it truly is safe for people to be back to work.

But, as usual, you only see things from the Republican point of view.
          Last edited by rufus; 05-08-2020, 06:16 AM.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Rube find me more than 1 or 2 putt-putts that would be large enough to social distance. Most it's 5 feet from one green to the next tee, the size of each barely manages to house 4 people none of whom would be 6 feet apart. You're trying way too hard here to "but but".
            Don’t let the cure be worse than the disease!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              You don't allow foursomes. I don't even think real golf courses are allowing foursomes.

There's a course at Southdale that would fit the guidelines, there's one in Bloomington by the soccer fields there. There used to be one in Spring Lake Park down the road from Lilli-putt, but I don't know if that one is still open. I'll have to try and remember the other ones my friends and I used to go to.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                You don't allow foursomes. I don't even think real golf courses are allowing foursomes.

There's a course at Southdale that would fit the guidelines, there's one in Bloomington by the soccer fields there. There used to be one in Spring Lake Park down the road from Lilli-putt, but I don't know if that one is still open. I'll have to try and remember the other ones my friends and I used to go to.
                South dale? Do you mean centennial lakes in Edina? That is outside so as someone here said, outside is different than the cramped inside ones

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  South dale? Do you mean centennial lakes in Edina? That is outside so as someone here said, outside is different than the cramped inside ones
                  Yes, that one. I have never played an indoor mini-golf course, to be honest. There are some outdoor ones that are cramped though (the aforementioned Lilli-putt) that shouldn't be open, however. Well, that, and that course has the windmill/clown-mouth crap. My friends and I never played those, either.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I have to chuckle, that's true. If Trump were to catch the 'Rona, I bet a vast majority of us, including DX would say, "Oh well." And that would go against DX's post of "not killing people." Huh.
                    The thought of the Urine King dying a miserable, agonizing death is arguably more satisfying than a night of bad sex at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Teens in need of an excuse for a f-cking date disagree.

Won't someone think of the children?
                      I am sure there is a virtual version they can play via skype. It isnt like they are going to talk on their date anyways just text each other and Instagram it
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I know. There are also things called "conditions" to settle the lawsuit. A compromise. Let's roll with whatever helps overall.
                        Why should the Governor settle the lawsuit? The lawsuit is BS he has every right to shut down non-essential business and he certainly isnt discriminating against small businesses. We arent Wisconsin our Supreme Court actually thinks sometimes and he almost certainly will win.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

He should tell them to pound sand. I hope rube didn’t use the term settling to mean settle the case but I dunno.

We do not need to give in to these nonsensical idiots. Giving them concessions just means they’ll try and take more next time.

Comment

Walz for sure wont give in. The guy is an educator he understands you never give an inch to the student whining that things arent fair.

I feel bad that some small business cant be open, but too ****ing bad. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Hallmark is not needed right now. Screw Mothers Day make a card you lazy twats. There is no need for indoor amusement parks. There is no need for movie theaters. There is no need for bars and sit down restaurants. PEOPLE ARE ****ING DYING! If you want to be essential, find something to make yourself essential. Make PPE or something. Be innovative, stop crying like 12 year olds because your one note business isnt strong enough to survive BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE ****ING DYING!!!

Suck it up buttercups and go for a ****ing walk. Read a ****ing book! Have a friend over and socially distance...good god what a bunch of whiny, entitled sad sack *****es this country is filled with. Would I rather be spending this 39 degree day seeing a film or later having late night happy hour with my buddy...of course. The fact that I cant is not unconstitutional and it certainly isnt a hardship. I feel bad for those workers who are out of work, I am friends with many especially in the service industry. None of them want to get back to work any time soon...and not because of unemployment but because PEOPLE ARE ****ING DYING! My gf was supposed to spend her birthday in New Orleans...we didnt and she didnt even flinch ya know why BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE ****ING DYING! I was supposed to be going to Vegas in like a week...im not and I aint even mad about it.

tl;dr: **** THE ECONOMY, **** BUSINESS PEOPLE ARE DYING SHUT UP AND TAKE YOUR MEDICINE YOU BUNCH OF CRYBABIES.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Yeah I have no patience for the “people will start committing suicide if we don’t open up and start killing people that way” BS.

A gov should be stepping in and helping those who can’t be open. Don’t like it? Maybe don’t vote for republicans then who think all assistance is bad unless it’s going to rich white dudes who run huge corporations

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                Yeah I have no patience for the “people will start committing suicide if we don’t open up and start killing people that way” BS.

A gov should be stepping in and helping those who can’t be open. Don’t like it? Maybe don’t vote for republicans then who think all assistance is bad unless it’s going to rich white dudes who run huge corporations
                                The best part about Walz is when the MNGOP tries to bait him he just kind of acts like their dad about it. When he was asked last week about their trying to take away some of his powers or challenging his authority he just said "I get it, I was there once" and then tussled their hair and sent them on their way. He wont play their games. Even when the local media starts bleeding heart crap over small businesses he sticks to the parent role. Let them get their story out, listen intently, say no and end of story.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X