X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Where We Wish Texas Would Secede Already

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    If it's indoors I disagree. Outdoors maybe but screw it it isn't needed.
    I have never been in indoor courses.I can't answer to that.

The outdoor ones, there can be distance, I didn't do any of that windmill crap. There can be room. They don't NEED to be open, but if they are safe, go for it.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      I have never been in indoor courses.I can't answer to that.

The outdoor ones, there can be distance, I didn't do any of that windmill crap. There can be room. They don't NEED to be open, but if they are safe, go for it.
      Read the article...indoor amusement parks are part of lawsuit.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Read the article...indoor amusement parks are part of lawsuit.
        I know. There are also things called "conditions" to settle the lawsuit. A compromise. Let's roll with whatever helps overall.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

If it's indoors I disagree. Outdoors maybe but screw it it isn't needed.
          Teens in need of an excuse for a f-cking date disagree.

Won't someone think of the children?
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            I know. There are also things called "conditions" to settle the lawsuit. A compromise. Let's roll with whatever helps overall.
            Is this condition you’re referring to covid-19? Cause then it would make sense!

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              Is this condition you’re referring to covid-19? Cause then it would make sense!
              Not exactly. Safe spacing, employees wearing PPE. C19 is the cause, but the conditions clause is a safety plan in place, as Guv Walz is implementing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                Let's roll with whatever helps overall.

You know what helps? NOT ****ING KILLING PEOPLE.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Then, shut everything down except hospitals and care centers. Everything. Let the economy rot, and deal with people going bankrupt and maybe committing suicide, or others starving to death, etc etc.

There has to some balance. Has to be. That's the tough decision that no one wants to make. They are trying, little by little. There is no good solution to this. None.

Comment

Depends on the people.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Then, shut everything down except hospitals and care centers. Everything. Let the economy rot, and deal with people going bankrupt and maybe committing suicide, or others starving to death, etc etc.

There has to some balance. Has to be. That's the tough decision that no one wants to make. They are trying, little by little. There is no good solution to this. None.
                      But there are better and worse solutions and reopening while the death rate is climbing with insufficient testing is among the worst imaginable solutions.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Right. And, true to form, since all the solutions are bad, you declare them all to be equal - just pick one, doesn't matter, they're all the same.

Tell you what - let's keep the economy shut down, and when we get to 1000 suicides per day - heck, even 500 (normal US rate is ~138 per day) THEN we can start to have a discussion about whether keeping things shut is worse than not.

2000. Deaths. Per. Day.

WITH a half-hearted shutdown.

It's not even close.

But no, since keeping things shut might lead to this one suicide that otherwise wouldn't have happened, keeping things shut might be just as bad.

What a joke.
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Depends on the people.
                          I have to chuckle, that's true. If Trump were to catch the 'Rona, I bet a vast majority of us, including DX would say, "Oh well." And that would go against DX's post of "not killing people." Huh.

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                            Right. And, true to form, since all the solutions are bad, you declare them all to be equal - just pick one, doesn't matter, they're all the same.

Tell you what - let's keep the economy shut down, and when we get to 1000 suicides per day - heck, even 500 (normal US rate is ~138 per day) THEN we can start to have a discussion about whether keeping things shut is worse than not.

2000. Deaths. Per. Day.

WITH a half-hearted shutdown.

It's not even close.

But no, since keeping things shut might lead to this one suicide that otherwise wouldn't have happened, keeping things shut might be just as bad.

What a joke.
                            One suicide? Speculation.

I've said again and again, what MN Guv Walz is doing, is the right course of action. Slow, steady, ready to dial back if need be. He's trying to find that balance. He's taking it very slowly. Fine with me. The others that are just going gung-ho? NO. Not cool.

The ones that are complaining about the slow and steady, the reverse would be just as devastating. People would die, not of the 'Rona, but of other causes related to the shutdown. IMO, that is just as bad.

Comment

I have to chuckle, that's true. If Trump were to catch the 'Rona, I bet a vast majority of us, including DX would say, "Oh well." And that would go against DX's post of "not killing people." Huh.
                              If he does catch it, tens of thousands of Americans live.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

If he does catch it, tens of thousands of Americans live.
                                Under Pence?
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X