Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States: Where We Wish Texas Would Secede Already

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bass and drew, care to enlighten us on this extra ocean you now have?

    https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...54873474322432

    Comment


    • Originally posted by unofan View Post
      Considering Ernst won in great part because Bruce Braley made a negative comment about Grassley being a farmer, it would only be fitting that she lose in part because of her own farming related mishap.
      Silly Democrats. Only Republicans are allowed to deride their opponents' prior career choices (Carter the peanut farmer, AOC the barmaid​​​).

      Seriously, call Reagan a B-list actor sometime and watch the Republicans in the room immediately raise their hackles.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

        Silly Democrats. Only Republicans are allowed to deride their opponents' prior career choices (Carter the peanut farmer, AOC the barmaid​​​).

        Seriously, call Reagan a B-list actor sometime and watch the Republicans in the room immediately raise their hackles.
        Obama was a community activist!!
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

        "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

        Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

        Comment


        • 270towin has a nice state leg map.

          Current breakdown of State Senates is 31 R 19 D.

          Polling predicts the Dems pick up 2 (AZ and MN).

          Current breakdown of State Houses is 29 R 20 D (NE is unicameral).

          Polling predicts the Dems pick up 1 (AZ).
          Last edited by Kepler; 10-19-2020, 01:15 PM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

          Comment


          • Also their fun Governors page.

            R 26 D 24

            Strange governors:

            D: KS, KY, LA, MT
            R: NH, MA, VT, MD

            The only predicted change this year is MT, where Bullock is term limited (and running for Senate) which will I guess be an R pick up.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Also their fun Governors page.

              R 26 D 24

              Strange governors:

              D: KS, KY, LA, MT
              R: NH, MA, VT, MD

              The only predicted change this year is MT, where Bullock is term limited (and running for Senate) which will I guess be an R pick up.
              VT, MA, and NH have a long history of electing Republican governors, while KS, KY, LA, and MT have a history of electing Democrats. Going forward, yeah, that could change, making your list, well, strange. The only one that sticks out, based on history, is MD. And that clueless f--khead is voting in Reagan? Good job doing the right thing and leading by example.

              Comment


              • I understand that a New England Yankee farmer Republican is as different from a frothing, racist typical Nazi Republican as a 50s Dixiecrat was from a typical Democrat.

                But I am still very surprised and disappointed by Vermonters in allowing anybody for whom fascism is not a deal breaker near power. I'll give MA a pass for Ma-ssholes (and NH for racist Ma-ssholes who fled The Element). They have brain damage in their native population caused by poor genetics or something. But what's VT's excuse? Or is just that the local Dems have moved beyond the Left Event Horizon?

                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  I understand that a New England Yankee farmer Republican is as different from a frothing, racist typical Nazi Republican as a 50s Dixiecrat was from a typical Democrat.

                  But I am still very surprised and disappointed by Vermonters in allowing anybody for whom fascism is not a deal breaker near power. I'll give MA a pass for Ma-ssholes (and NH for racist Ma-ssholes who fled The Element). They have brain damage in their native population caused by poor genetics or something. But what's VT's excuse? Or is just that the local Dems have moved beyond the Left Event Horizon?

                  I don’t have those answers. There’s a ton of posters from Massachusetts on here. I’m assuming Baker governs like a Democrat. Where is he more like a Republican? Fiscal policy?

                  Comment


                  • Baker would be a Democrat in probably 35-40 states, but here he'd be plowed over by the progressives. His only chance of winning is to be a moderate Republican, which is approximately what he is.

                    He seems fairly progressive on social issues (although he doesn't talk much about them), and is moderately conservative on fiscal issues. He's boring as can be - serioously, he has the charisma of cooked pasta, but has that kind of boring competence that I think we'd all pay our left arms for at this point.
                    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      270towin has a nice state leg map.

                      Current breakdown of State Senates is 31 R 19 D.

                      Polling predicts the Dems pick up 2 (AZ and MN).

                      Current breakdown of State Houses is 29 R 20 D (NE is unicameral).

                      Polling predicts the Dems pick up 1 (AZ).
                      I know Iowa Dems are hoping to retake the house this year. Need to swap 3 seats for a tie, 4 to win. I know there's at least 2 or 3 seats in the greater Des Moines that are big targets to flip. Not sure where others would be.

                      Comment


                      • Honestly, guessing there’s republicans who pay women to throw this on them

                        https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...XzuV_C_0G6hFiQ

                        Comment


                        • The Alerus Center is the only polling place for all of Grand Forks County...and poll hours are 10-6. It's about an hour drive from the furthest areas.

                          This is on purpose so the Democrats can win since they don't work obviously.
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

                          Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

                          Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

                          Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

                          Comment


                          • Another law breaking republican

                            “The office of Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds, a Republican, misused millions of dollars in federal coronavirus relief funding, according to state Auditor Rob Sand. On expenditure includes $21 million spent on the HR/accounting computer system Workday. She also allegedly used $448,449 from the CRF to pay the salaries of her staff members.”

                            Comment


                            • Scarlet made it out to vote: https://twitter.com/jgee/status/1318201898177073152

                              :P

                              Cornell '04, Stanford '06


                              KDR

                              Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

                              Test to see if I can add this.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                Another law breaking republican

                                “The office of Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds, a Republican, misused millions of dollars in federal coronavirus relief funding, according to state Auditor Rob Sand. On expenditure includes $21 million spent on the HR/accounting computer system Workday. She also allegedly used $448,449 from the CRF to pay the salaries of her staff members.”
                                Workday?! Ayfkm?

                                how on earth is that needed for COVID?
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X