This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Good news: More than 500,000 signatures have been gathered and LGBTQ+ rights will be on the ballot in 2022 in Michigan.
    Sucks that you'll have to wait that long. We all know the state leg Republicans won't pass it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Kepler mentioned Poland....I love these anti Trump signs

https://mobile.twitter.com/nicolepag...84297640300546
      Oh my God those are great.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Fade, we've tried. A Republican-led state legislature won't even let it out of committee, and state house leadership has said it won't reach the floor because of "religious freedom."

Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          Fade, we've tried. A Republican-led state legislature won't even let it out of committee, and state house leadership has said it won't reach the floor because of "religious freedom."
          That argument always drives me batty.

Your freedom to swing your arms wildly ends at the bridge of my nose. No one really disagrees with this, right? So why is saying "your freedom to believe in whatever sky fairy you choose ends at the restriction of my rights to marry another consenting adult of my choosing" so horrendous? How is that, in any way, infringing on your rights?

Over the past 20 years I've evolved on a great many opinions, one of them is on the LGBTQ(plus whatever other letters belong here) rights. Even when I was firmly against same-sex marriage, I rejected the argument that same-sex marriage would impact anyone's religious freedom. It's just... a completely specious argument.
          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Also, someone finally got a green light to attempt to recall Dana Nessel. This is his 5th attempt to get a recall started, and he is looking for 1.06 million signatures.

I am wagering this gentleman is a melanin-challenged cis male; his name is Chad.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• https://twitter.com/greenfieldiowa/s...913347072?s=21

LOL!!!!!!

this is the most Iowa thing ever
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                https://twitter.com/greenfieldiowa/s...913347072?s=21

LOL!!!!!!

Second.

Fig. 1 The most Iowa thing ever
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Idiots...Out...Wandering...Around...

edit: I didn't know Michele Bachman was actually from Waterloo, IA. No wonder she is so stupid!

My grandfather was the Rabbi of the synagogue in Waterloo I spent a lot of time there...they had 3 stations but the only one they watched was Channel 7 KWWL IOWA'S NEWS CHANNEL!! (NBC)
                  Last edited by Handyman; 10-16-2020, 12:18 AM.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/loisbeckett/stat...433224192?s=19

Wuck Fisconsin
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Conservatives and cops are such goddamn snowflakes

Comment

https://twitter.com/greenfieldiowa/s...913347072?s=21

LOL!!!!!!

Considering Ernst won in great part because Bruce Braley made a negative comment about Grassley being a farmer, it would only be fitting that she lose in part because of her own farming related mishap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          My grandfather was the Rabbi of the synagogue in Waterloo
                          Wow. That is a hard gig. Did they have any actual pogroms?
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Actually it was a pretty cool community. Cedar Falls and a few other towns traveled there for services. He was very well respected by the whole town cause he did outreach with all of the churches.

Since he left they haven't had a regular rabbi I guess just a traveling one who shows up from time to time.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                              her own farming related mishap.
                              Too bad it didn't involve a combine.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Too bad it didn't involve a combine.
                                Or a rutting bull.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X