X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Wasn't that June of 2017?
    Yeah I misread the date of the article. (cause the author retweeted it in regards to Householder) That part makes more sense now.

Still the rest of it holds. There is a major foreign and domestic push for Nuclear that Flynn was dealing with abroad and Householder was dealing with here. Lots of money.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Yeah I misread the date of the article. (cause the author retweeted it in regards to Householder) That part makes more sense now.

Still the rest of it holds. There is a major foreign and domestic push for Nuclear that Flynn was dealing with abroad and Householder was dealing with here. Lots of money.
      Yeah, I don't know who your tweeter, Eric Garland is, but I don't think he came anywhere close to connecting the dots. The Flynn deal appears to involve the Russians and plants overseas. It looks like the Householder deal relates to probably getting money from corporations or investors somewhere in exchange for help ramrodding a big public bailout in Ohio.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• He is an intelligence analyst...and he isnt claiming to have done that yet since the story is just breaking. He is playing the usually scoop game of slowplaying and "hinting" which is obnoxious but often has basis. It could all just be a coincidence but he obviously has reason to think otherwise. Unlike him I will admit if nothing comes of it though ;-)

I am agreeing with him now because it just seems too coincidental that the National GOP had a Nuclear Scandal and the Ohio GOP also did. It may turn out to be nothing but the GOP isnt exactly known for their ability to A) compartmentalize B) Learn from their mistakes.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Hovey, I am curious and obviously you can demur, but who do you plan to vote for? (I plan to vote for Biden because Herzen is dead.)

The reason I'm curious is: I think a lot of these spats (Handy vs wayupthere being one of them) are infighting among Biden voters, and frankly while of course the issues matter, the Single Overdetermining Need here is to kill the Nazis. AFAIC, I'll be friends with a Braves fan if she's voting for Biden.

Plenty of time afterwards to fight out policy. First things first.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Hovey, I am curious and obviously you can demur, but who do you plan to vote for? (I plan to vote for Biden because Herzen is dead.)

The reason I'm curious is: I think a lot of these spats (Handy vs wayupthere being one of them) are infighting among Biden voters, and frankly while of course the issues matter, the Single Overdetermining Need here is to kill the Nazis. AFAIC, I'll be friends with a Braves fan if she's voting for Biden.

I'd like to think you're also friends with a Red Sox (among other Boston teams including BU) fan because she's voting for Biden.

Comment

Hovey, I am curious and obviously you can demur, but who do you plan to vote for? (I plan to vote for Biden because Herzen is dead.)

I don't have a problem disclosing. I intend to vote for Biden, barring unforeseen extraordinary circumstances, in which case I'll have to find a third party candidate to vote for again.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Filling out my mail-in ballot for the 8/4 primary today. I moved to a much bluer city and state/fed districts last month, so the Dem primary effectively decides who my State Leg Rep will be for the next 2-6 years (Michigan has a 3-term limit). I have to choose between:
                • A party-backed teacher and councilwoman from the city next door who feels like she mouths her way through the wokey progressive talking points just to get to the parts about school funding and reform
                • An openly gay Jewish lawyer with previous experience as a State Leg aide who seems to be a bit of a single issue candidate
                • An enthusiastic but dorky 28-year-old school social worker running on his late dad's memory (and probably his mom's starry-eyed "that's my boy" encouragement) who would likely get eaten alive by the elder statespeople
                • A small-time fashion CEO who lost a bid for State Senate in 2018, and seems like she's probably one incorrectly made latte away from wanting to speak to your manager
                • A call center jockey who previously ran for the seat in 2014 when it was last open
                • An eco-tour travel agent who should probably be running as a Green
                • An IT consultant who should probably be running as a Libertarian
                • Some dude who failed to file a campaign finance report back in November, so he's probably already quit the race

All politics is indeed yokel.

Comment

• Apparently Liz Cheney turned the GOP House conference meeting into a free for all, throwing shade at Gaetz, Jordan and Massie

*******https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1035297727226306560/2ZdMwGIW_bigger.jpg********
                  Melanie Zanona

@MZanona
                  Cheney did not back down from confrontation:
                  She defended Fauci.
                  She told Gaetz I look forward to seeing ur HBO doc.
                  She told Massie his issue is w/ Trump, not her.
                  She told Jordan I look forward to hearing ur comments about being a team player when we’re back in the majority
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    He is an intelligence analyst...and he isnt claiming to have done that yet since the story is just breaking. He is playing the usually scoop game of slowplaying and "hinting" which is obnoxious but often has basis. It could all just be a coincidence but he obviously has reason to think otherwise. Unlike him I will admit if nothing comes of it though ;-)

I am agreeing with him now because it just seems too coincidental that the National GOP had a Nuclear Scandal and the Ohio GOP also did. It may turn out to be nothing but the GOP isnt exactly known for their ability to A) compartmentalize B) Learn from their mistakes.
                    The indictment sure doesn't suggest any sort of connection. Just straight out and out bribery in exchange for political favor. Householder set up a company. A nuclear company going under in Ohio paid in $60 million. The money was used to get candidates elected to Ohio house who would support Householder's run for speaker, and ultimately support a $1 billion bailout for the nuclear company.

Comment

• Michigan.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Iowa's got more life in it than I thought.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Downriver is Michigan's Florida.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Downriver is Michigan's Florida.
                            I finally figured out this meant south of Detroit. So, what's down there? I assume these were auto factory communities that went t-ts up when the industry destroyed itself in the 70s?
                            Cornell University

Comment

I finally figured out this meant south of Detroit. So, what's down there? I assume these were auto factory communities that went t-ts up when the industry destroyed itself in the 70s?
                              Worse, Ohio.
                              Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

Pretty much. It's the kind of place where it goes without saying that their Ford pickup cost as much or more than the little post-war house they inherited from gramps is worth, and that it's repping the Confederate battle flag with some "witty" bumper stickers for good measure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L05gLEZ83tw

Comment

Working...
                                X