This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post

Waiting to see if Disney moves to some other state and leaves Florida as South Alabama.
    They'll never shutter the theme park. Too much has been invested to just Six Flags N'awlins it. And where are they going to go? Georgia? Arkansas? Texas? Pushing to buy land, they wouldn't create anything worth visiting for almost a decade. Even if they keep FLA open to pay for DisneyHills Appalachia.

Corporate offices... They may lessen the staffing in them, but they're not going to shutter those either.

The cheapest route, and the most likely solution, is they're just going to throw Brinks trucks at whatever sane D (or potentially R) candidate who will repeal DeSantis' ****.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• To build Disney World from scratch you are talking a bill in the $100+ BILLION range when all is said and done. Even for the mouse, that bird ain't flying...
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• I wonder if Disney would even notice if they just said "**** it, we're closed for 6 months" (and hopefully continued to pay employees in the area). I mean most of their cash flow has to be the movies anyway. But I imagine it would really stick it to the local business and the state with all that sweet sweet tourism money and sales tax dollars. Maybe enough so that it would put pressure on the state to reverse course.

In the meantime I can't imagine they wouldn't file lawsuits to block this

Comment

• Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
          I wonder if Disney would even notice if they just said "**** it, we're closed for 6 months" (and hopefully continued to pay employees in the area). I mean most of their cash flow has to be the movies anyway. But I imagine it would really stick it to the local business and the state with all that sweet sweet tourism money and sales tax dollars. Maybe enough so that it would put pressure on the state to reverse course.

Actually the profit from movies is pennies on the dollar compared to what the parks bring in.
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Republicans in Wyoming blocking bill to prevent child marriage under 16

https://twitter.com/noliewithbtc/sta...F7l3evVziVhBEA

but the spy balloons

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              Republicans in Wyoming blocking bill to prevent child marriage under 16

but the spy balloons
              But it's the drag queens who are groomers.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Republicans in Wyoming blocking bill to prevent child marriage under 16

but the spy balloons
                Originally posted by bronconick View Post

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                  I wonder if Disney would even notice if they just said "**** it, we're closed for 6 months" (and hopefully continued to pay employees in the area). I mean most of their cash flow has to be the movies anyway. But I imagine it would really stick it to the local business and the state with all that sweet sweet tourism money and sales tax dollars. Maybe enough so that it would put pressure on the state to reverse course.

The park in Orlando makes about $80 million per day.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

The park in Orlando makes about $80 million per day.
                    That has to be for all parks worldwide combined. Stat I saw was 29 billion in revenue for "parks, experiences, products" for 2022 (which is 80 mil/day 365 days a year). I'm sure Orlando is a majority of that however.

​​​​​Media was 55 billion. After reading more it looks like media is the largest share of revenue but as RaceBoarder already pointed out, "parks, experiences, products" is responsible for most profit. Still, I would think Disney has some options here to eventually come out back on top/in control.
                    Last edited by Proud2baLaker; 02-11-2023, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• Not a lot about the Ohio train derail and the toxic chemical dump.

Reports of police being jack booted thugs stopping media in the area

I expect nothing less from a republican hell hole like Ohio. Enjoy your birth defects while you gleefully vote republican again

https://twitter.com/drericding/statu...8fZJCy-JX4sx6w

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/11/health/ohio-train-derailment-white-noise
                      Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 02-12-2023, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• There's a *LOT* of **** that is just being blown over.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRt6sc56/

Additional chemicals from other damaged cars were buried after a page break in the Ohio EPA report. Only one day of water testing was taken. Supposedly Norfolk Southern buried a bunch of **** under the damaged section of rail so they could reopen the line.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• So depressing https://www.pressherald.com/2023/02/...ousing-crisis/
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Not a lot about the Ohio train derail and the toxic chemical dump.

Reports of police being jack booted thugs stopping media in the area

I expect nothing less from a republican hell hole like Ohio. Enjoy your birth defects while you gleefully vote republican again

https://twitter.com/drericding/statu...8fZJCy-JX4sx6w

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/11/health/ohio-train-derailment-white-noise
                            Railroads are run by the feds not states aren’t they? And I believe one of the things they wanted to strike over was safety conditions and Biden obviously shut that down.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• The party of deregulation is your scum party. Ohio is as deep red as it gets.

you should move there

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Railroads are run by the feds not states aren’t they? And I believe one of the things they wanted to strike over was safety conditions and Biden obviously shut that down.
                                The trains are run by private companies who have profited while the unions warned about unsafe conditions. Lookie what happened. What a shock. I'll bet you're also surprised when an oil pipeline breaks and the local water supply is contaminated.

Yes, Biden and Congress followed the directions of their corporate sponsors and stopped the strikes. Another shock. But hey, the union did win major concessions! My cousin says the raise he got will almost cover the increased cost of his health insurance.

You're a useful idiot who will just regurgitate rightwingnut talking points.

Comment

Working...
                                X