This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I was bartending even where someone who works for Emmer (a 20 something female) was talking to a couple other local GOPers and they seemed upset about that...and also seemed shocked that the GOP can't seem to make much headway. She seemed nice but they all sounded so completely out of touch. (this was a Boat Show private party deal so by nature it was rich white dbags)
    Because their brains look like swiss cheese. They're all amygdala and no frontal cortex. They literally can't logic their way into knowledge. It has to violently attack them and make them afraid. It's the only way their stupid lizard brains learn.

It's the same reaon they have two jokes, they always punch down, and it's always based in fear.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

The second point is why this Sanford-Fairview merger is potentially troubling. Sanford doesn’t have a great history with it.
      Even withtout the potential merger, I hate everything about what M Health / Fairview is. Everything. I am firmly, firmly against public universities having for-profit enterprises.
      Code:
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Even withtout the potential merger, I hate everything about what M Health / Fairview is. Everything. I am firmly, firmly against public universities having for-profit enterprises.
        I don't know, the University of Minnesota makes a boatload of money out of it's start ups and monetizing its research.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

But then we have the meat. Just loading up on sodium and preservatives. Though this is likely due to the ever popular “guy on welfare buying Wagyu and lobster” stories.
          As someone who grew up on food aid in Michigan, this is an appalling list and action by the Iowa GOP.

No fresh meat? So, no ground beef for sloppy joes? For hamburgers? For meat in spaghetti?

No sliced cheese? So cheese for a sandwich can't be pre-sliced?

For a state that whines about it's farmers, this bill seems to be a direct shot against them.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I don't know, the University of Minnesota makes a boatload of money out of it's start ups and monetizing its research.
            I see your point, but I don't think that's what Fairview-M Health is. You think they're doing research in the clinic down the street? Do you think they're using any Fairview-M Health research in a way that's different from any other clinic?
            Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

As someone who grew up on food aid in Michigan, this is an appalling list and action by the Iowa GOP.

No fresh meat? So, no ground beef for sloppy joes? For hamburgers? For meat in spaghetti?

For a state that whines about it's farmers, this bill seems to be a direct shot against them.
              This right here is what struck me the most. How does banning fresh meat help the state of Iowa? Hello?!? Pork ring a bell to anyone or is there too much corn in your ears?

DUmb-as-ses
              Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Fwiw, every single lobbyist other than the local arm of heritage and some libertarian think tank from Maine are either registered against it or undeclared, including some major GOP donors.

Also, to do it would require a waiver from the Feds, which is doubtful under the current administration.

Comment

I see your point, but I don't think that's what Fairview-M Health is. You think they're doing research in the clinic down the street? Do you think they're using any Fairview-M Health research in a way that's different from any other clinic?
                  I can't speak to what research Fairview might be doing. I was simply commenting on your disapproval of public universities having any for-profit enterprises. I think there are some merits to having a for-profit part, for certain things.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I can't speak to what research Fairview might be doing. I was simply commenting on your disapproval of public universities having any for-profit enterprises. I think there are some merits to having a for-profit part, for certain things.
                    Well, the profitability is not in itself a merit because it comes with strings. The research contracts that universities take on implicate them in a lot of shady sh-t. But they are cocaine to the bursar and the provost.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• It isn't against farmers. It's a direct shot at the "I saw a guy buying t bones with welfare" garbage. Remember, cruelty is the purpose, and if you look at it through that lens then it makes complete sense.

I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

They’re for-profit Johnny Appleseeds.

https://mnhardy.umn.edu/apples/varieties

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I thought all hospitals and insurance plans sold to Minnesotans within MN had to be non-profit. If that’s the case, then either any “excess revenue” is then symphonies off to fund other U projects or, like the iffy non-profits such as BCBS of MN, higher wages to the execs.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            I thought all hospitals and insurance plans sold to Minnesotans within MN had to be non-profit. If that’s the case, then either any “excess revenue” is then symphonies off to fund other U projects or, like the iffy non-profits such as BCBS of MN, higher wages to the execs.
                            That law changed a few years ago

Ask me how I know haha

Comment

• Ah, that must be why my company switched to UHC a few years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                Ah, that must be why my company switched to UHC a few years ago.
                                My deepest apologies

Comment

Working...
                                X