No announcement yet.

The States: Where We Wish Texas Would Secede Already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree Palin issues were biggest thing here, Burt this makes me feel a pang of hope it mirrors national trends

https://twitter.com/tbonier/status/1...lduGwg8Nk6eyGg

Comment

• Threw this in the Midterm thread but I’ll put it here as well:

In an interesting turn of fortune, Peltola wins in Alaska and will take over Don Young’s seat, defeating Nick Begich (and Palin). She is the first Democratic rep since Nicholas Begich, Nick’s grandfather who disappeared in a plane crash and whose open slot started Young’s 49 year stint.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        I agree Palin issues were biggest thing here, Burt this makes me feel a pang of hope it mirrors national trends

I have to think this is going to start changing the outlooks from experts (Cook has already moved Alaska in November to "Toss Up") and also energize Democrats everywhere. It'll be interesting to see how the donations go after this, "If we can win in Alaska, we can win anywhere."
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• The Republican campaign against RCV has begun with a wonderful disingenuous argument: “60% of people voted for a Republican yet a Democrat won.”
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            The Republican campaign against RCV has begun with a wonderful disingenuous argument: “60% of people voted for a Republican yet a Democrat won.”
            Perhaps their platform should suck 50% less? Spitballing

Comment

Perhaps their platform should suck 50% less? Spitballing
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Fun fact: Peltola’s win more than doubled the total landmass controlled by House Democrats.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

The Republican campaign against RCV has begun with a wonderful disingenuous argument: “60% of people voted for a Republican yet a Democrat won.”
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I think the biggest question of the night is what portion of the 20% exhausted ballots did so out of principle versus who didn’t understand RCV. But this exhaust rate seems lower than other elections that use it from what I’ve read.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Also, get ready for the "Republicans in disarray!!!" fight as Begich and Palin are bound to fight one another over who should drop out of the November race.

Edit: It's started already! https://twitter.com/SeanBMaguire/sta...DRzbn8v7grAAAA
                        Are they both going to run again? I mean we know Palin will but will Begich? If so do you think this will happen again?
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          I think the biggest question of the night is what portion of the 20% exhausted ballots did so out of principle versus who didn’t understand RCV. But this exhaust rate seems lower than other elections that use it from what I’ve read.
                          I’ll leave the specifics to the experts but I’m guessing “I hate Sarah Palin” is a factor.

According to AK Division of Elections only 6% of total ballots had only one candidate ranked. There’s going to be a lot of spin about “confusion” but numbers don’t line up.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I agree Palin issues were biggest thing here, Burt this makes me feel a pang of hope it mirrors national trends

Yeah the women registering phenomenon is killer for the GOP all over the country right now. While women who normally vote might be split on the abortion issue the new voters are registering for one reason...revenge for taking away their rights!

edit: I like Wasserman but he is wrong this is not just cause they hate Palin. People don't register just to prevent someone from winning they register this late cause they care.
                            Last edited by Handyman; 08-31-2022, 11:10 PM.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• "Why Peltola's Win is Bad For Biden"
                              -NY Times Probably
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• White women have the ability to save us after they voted for dump

will they?

so far it’s been promising

kansas and Alaska baby

Comment

Working...
                                X