X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling her a “birthing parent” lol what a burn

Comment

• So that Nebraska case. It's really complicated. But it was an abortion at 28 weeks (the previous constitutionally-acceptable law capped at 20), so it would have been illegal then.

Look, the anti-abortion zealots get no benefit of the doubt. But this is a case that would likely have been prosecuted before Dobbs.
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

You mean use her voice to state that if they offload non-violent work to non-police (the "defund" portion), then police can get back to actual policing /police work?
        That's... not really doing much for your constituents. That's just bleating on cable news.

Take my rep, Betty McCollum. She gets out and talks to her constituents, holds hands, kisses babies, the usual stuff that politicians need to hold their nose and do to stay in office. Betty hasn't won a general by less than 20 pts or a primary by less than 70. Because she tends to her home plot.

https://twitter.com/lyndonbajohnson/...qzZFgoFxVrllyQ

Omar didn't tend the home plot. That was Rayburn's advice to all the freshmen who came in from TX -- "don't forget about the home plot, or you'll be buried in it."
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Just don't forget to burn her at the stake.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• A man who voted against infrastructure spending now has his hands out! About time

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...uy_1KoBG49qNJQ

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              A man who voted against infrastructure spending now has his hands out! About time

****ing Hypocrite.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

A man who voted against infrastructure spending now has his hands out! About time

Umm, isn't that flooding Kentucky's problem, and not something the federal government and taxpayers from other states should be stepping in to bail them out?
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                  So that Nebraska case. It's really complicated. But it was an abortion at 28 weeks (the previous constitutionally-acceptable law capped at 20), so it would have been illegal then.

Look, the anti-abortion zealots get no benefit of the doubt. But this is a case that would likely have been prosecuted before Dobbs.
                  No. It's not complicated at all. This environment drives people underground. It turns people into criminals. You cannot assume that doesn't matter. Plenty of women will get illegal abortions at MUCH later dates now than they would have gotten legal abortions when the right was protected.

The lateness of the procedure is further proof of the crime of the Bible Thumpers, not a mitigation.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

No. It's not complicated at all. This environment drives people underground. It turns people into criminals. You cannot assume that doesn't matter. Plenty of women will get illegal abortions at MUCH later dates now than they would have gotten legal abortions when the right was protected.

The lateness of the procedure is further proof of the crime of the Bible Thumpers, not a mitigation.
                    Didn't this abortion happen before Dobbs was announced? Again, not really arguing your overall point (on which I think we're in violent agreement).
                    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Didn't this abortion happen before Dobbs was announced? Again, not really arguing your overall point (on which I think we're in violent agreement).
                      Well, crap, that would change things. (If I were a conservative I could just deny that or attack you.)
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

You mean use her voice to state that if they offload non-violent work to non-police (the "defund" portion), then police can get back to actual policing /police work?
                        No more that many of the people who make up her voting block (the reason she is always likely to win) are the people who are committing the crimes. Frey gets crap for the carjackings in Minneapolis but a White Middle Class Jew is not going to make much headway in the Somali Muslim parts of town (where many of the carjackers are from/reside) even if they usually vote for him. Omar holds sway there, she should be more vocal about it and talking to the community leaders trying to get them to take some action. She has been noticeably absent both physically and vocally on the matter. That is why Samuels damned near unseated her running on a platform of "I parallel her in every way except I am tough on crime!!1!1!".

Of course, he also saw that when push came to shove, the people of Minneapolis hate the cops but dont want them replaced until there is something there to replace them with. MNPD is filled with racist, criminal d-bags who are so whiny they would rather quit than deal with even the smallest amount of oversight but that is still better than letting the State Troopers control the city. Troopers in Minneapolis for extended periods would cause way more problems than it would solve.

Again, for the record, I am glad Omar won and cannot wait to vote her back into office. Watching her curbstomp Cecily Jackson (who I know nothing about because the GOP is worthless in this district) is going to be more anti-climactic than when Klobuchar is up for re-election but it will still be amazing. That said if she wants to avoid scares in the future, it would behoove her to remember that her district needs her leadership. She does great things for the country in Congress, but her first priority should always be here. She is our rep.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Hold on let me check my pockets to try and help out...

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Again, for the record, I am glad Omar won and cannot wait to vote her back into office. Watching her curbstomp Cecily Jackson (who I know nothing about because the GOP is worthless in this district) is going to be more anti-climactic than when Klobuchar is up for re-election but it will still be amazing. That said if she wants to avoid scares in the future, it would behoove her to remember that her district needs her leadership. She does great things for the country in Congress, but her first priority should always be here. She is our rep.
                            As the mayonnaise guy on BCS said- yep yep yep yep

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Hold on let me check my pockets to try and help out...

Comment

• Some people didn't realize being a gigantic bigot would jeopardize the library's ability to stay open.

https://www.wzzm13.com/article/news/...9-b56fecbe196c
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X