This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Turn them down. What business has government with private location data? And yes, I know social media has bent over for the Patriot Act nonsense until now, but perhaps it is time for consumers to reject any company that shares this data with slave states. Theoretically, the Right should love it. Haven't they always opposed government intrusion and surveillance.

Or maybe that was all just a cover story and they wanted to intrude into our lives for their purposes. But that would make conservatives hypocrites and liars, so surely not.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I thought Google said (not that I trust their word or anything) they were turning off tracking data for any place that was an abortion clinic or something to that effect.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Turn them down. What business has government with private location data? And yes, I know social media has bent over for the Patriot Act nonsense until now, but perhaps it is time for consumers to reject any company that shares this data with slave states. Theoretically, the Right should love it. Haven't they always opposed government intrusion and surveillance.

Or maybe that was all just a cover story and they wanted to intrude into our lives for their purposes. But that would make conservatives hypocrites and liars, so surely not.
        Wasn't such data shared to track folks during Covid? Any time I crossed into MN I'd get an alert from State of MN about Covid tracing and I never signed up for anything. Heck, I got one in MA (Boston) in June 2022, again, no sign-up.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Apple offered some services for covid tracking, but nothing like this where they would provide it to police/authorities as far as I'm aware.

I agree with Kepler. Google should tell them to go **** themselves without a warrant.
          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
            Apple offered some services for covid tracking, but nothing like this where they would provide it to police/authorities as far as I'm aware.

I agree with Kepler. Google should tell them to go **** themselves without a warrant.
            We have already lost. Google shouldn't be allowed to keep that data to begin with.
            Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
              Apple offered some services for covid tracking, but nothing like this where they would provide it to police/authorities as far as I'm aware.
              https://covidawaremn.com/#:~:text=Us...ad%20the%20app.

About
              COVIDaware MN is made available by the State of Minnesota with technology from the nonprofit PathCheck Foundation, Apple, and Google.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post
                We have already lost. Google shouldn't be allowed to keep that data to begin with.
                Google, Apple, Verizon, AT&T, et al, none of them should be keeping the data.

Then again, do the authorities even need those middle-men? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_Data_Center

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post

Why? You opt into that. You can delete it tomorrow. I prefer to keep it on so I can know when I've logged miles for work, restaurants I enjoy, etc. I know I'm being tracked and used for profit.

If someone wants to offer a service that saves every location you've been, you don't have to be a consumer of that service.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Dumb, dumb, dumb, ...
                    https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...aise-questions

Stenejhem was probably the cleanest statewide politician in ND. Then this after he's gone. (He died suddenly and unexpectedly.)
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Stenehjem

His replacement as ND AG (Wrigley) is a former US Attorney (for ND) most noted for this, and this when lieutenant governor.

If your state doesn't have it, set into statute that official email accounts can not be deleted.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Why? You opt into that. You can delete it tomorrow. I prefer to keep it on so I can know when I've logged miles for work, restaurants I enjoy, etc. I know I'm being tracked and used for profit.

If someone wants to offer a service that saves every location you've been, you don't have to be a consumer of that service.
                      You really think they don't have tracking data for you if you opt out?

Follow up...you interested in a bridge on Hennepin Avenue? ;^)
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

You really think they don't have tracking data for you if you opt out?

Follow up...you interested in a bridge on Hennepin Avenue? ;^)
                        They probably do in some incarnation, but I'd actually be surprised if a whistleblower didn't blow that wide open the first time it was used to put a woman in jail. Hell, first case they go through discovery and how the warrants were obtained and it hits the news. They aren't burning a major secret database because some herpaderp AG wants to **** over a grieving mom.

Anyways, if not Google and Apple, then the cell company has tower pings. And now that we're moving to 5G, triangulating is going to be a hell of a lot more accurate given that there are more towers dispersed throughout cities. Good luck getting that **** purged.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          ... I'd actually be surprised if a whistleblower didn't blow that wide open ...
                          Didn't matter. Won't matter.

Edward Joseph Snowden (/ˈsnoʊdən/; born June 21, 1983) is an American former computer intelligence consultant who leaked highly classified information from the National Security Agency (NSA) in 2013, when he was an employee and subcontractor. His disclosures revealed numerous illegal global surveillance programs, many run by the NSA and the Five Eyes Intelligence Alliance with the cooperation of telecommunication companies and European governments, and prompted a cultural discussion about national security and individual privacy.
                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Snowden

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

His replacement as ND AG (Wrigley) is a former US Attorney (for ND) most noted for this, and this when lieutenant governor.
                            Huh, and I would have thought he would have been most noted for surviving as my brother's roommate in college for a period of time, something that I can tell you from personal experience is no easy feat.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Huh, and I would have thought he would have been most noted for surviving as my brother's roommate in college for a period of time, something that I can tell you from personal experience is no easy feat.
                              Should've I added " ... most noted in public office ... "

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• So DeSantis set up a Google Ad buy for his gubernatorial re-election campaign.

But....

Well, I'll let Google explain it:

https://twitter.com/z3dster/status/1549257136101904384
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X