Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Literally everything from the right is a reflection of their own ****tiness.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• This is why I'm content not having kids...

I'm kind of curious on the long term effect of this line of thinking... Specifically, since tech is so intertwined with the youth of today, outside of going full-on North Korea, there has to be a limit as to the amount of BS kids are willing to put up with before they realize that THEY are the "weird" ones...

Conservatives can go out and reinforce those that are already brought up in their world, but I can't see them recruiting new blood so to speak. If anything it's a slow erosion of their base. At this point it's just having the ability to survive and not allowing the R's to build up reinforcement from within.
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
        This is why I'm content not having kids...

I'm kind of curious on the long term effect of this line of thinking... Specifically, since tech is so intertwined with the youth of today, outside of going full-on North Korea, there has to be a limit as to the amount of BS kids are willing to put up with before they realize that THEY are the "weird" ones...

Conservatives can go out and reinforce those that are already brought up in their world, but I can't see them recruiting new blood so to speak. If anything it's a slow erosion of their base. At this point it's just having the ability to survive and not allowing the R's to build up reinforcement from within.
        In Maga states, the young leave and the old stay, resulting in all kinds of problems: State legislatures and local boards stay solid red, and with the EC, the demographic change needle barely moves.

Comment

It's the age old problem of a cult: how do you keep people inside?

I assume they will try to create their own entirely parallel internet like they created their own propaganda chamber. The dumb kids will fall for it, the smart kids will get out*.

So, basically, religion.

* This is why prayer in schools doesn't bother me. It's just like the Olde Timey "American Exceptionalism" education I was raised under. The smart kids had already sussed out by 5th or 6th grade they were being lied to. That experience of liberating yourself from the superstructure that surrounds you is what turns people into committed lifelong critical thinkers. The average and dumb kids are lost causes anyway, and in any case they won't amount to anything. A little repression is good; it builds muscles, like a star facing older guys as he develops. Not for nothing did the greatest generations of American Leftists grow up under Rightwing repression, not under Centrism's mind-dulling, LCD tolerance.

Last edited by Kepler; 06-30-2022, 10:18 AM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• KENTUCKY: “2022 Teacher of the Year quits profession, citing homophobia… school failed to address repeated harassment against him and students… community members started to show up at school board meetings and accuse them of being “groomers”
            Congratulations, Kentucky.

https://twitter.com/TheTNHoller/stat...36007621804037
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

In Maga states, the young leave and the old stay, resulting in all kinds of problems: State legislatures and local boards stay solid red, and with the EC, the demographic change needle barely moves.
              I'm not expecting Wyoming or Alabama to change. I acknowledge that they will go even deeper. Where I am looking is at Purple areas like GA, NC, Virginia, etc. where the margin is thin and those that are pushed out as they learn on their own can tip the scales. Also you see people moving within a given state (think someone being educated and moving from a Pennsyl-tucky town to Philly or Pittsburgh or Central/Southern IL to Chicago) so still a net gain for D's.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

It's the age old problem of a cult: how do you keep people inside?

I assume they will try to create their own entirely parallel internet like they created their own propaganda chamber. The dumb kids will fall for it, the smart kids will get out*.

So, basically, religion.

* This is why prayer in schools doesn't bother me. It's just like the Olde Timey "American Exceptionalism" education I was raised under. The smart kids had already sussed out by 5th or 6th grade they were being lied to. That experience of liberating yourself from the superstructure that surrounds you is what turns people into committed lifelong critical thinkers. The average and dumb kids are lost causes anyway, and in any case they won't amount to anything. A little repression is good; it builds muscles, like a star facing older guys as he develops. Not for nothing did the greatest generations of American Leftists grow up under Rightwing repression, not under Centrism's mind-dulling, LCD tolerance.

That's exactly what I'm envisioning. I'm just doing a thought experiment towards how the Right will try and cope with the fact that, as a whole, the world is becoming more educated. The internet has made the world much smaller and easier to take in.

It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Ah, Kentucky education. I’ll never forget flying home to nyc from Louisville years back and having some young men ask me if the Eiffel Tower replica was in Times Square or a different part of the city.

Comment

That's exactly what I'm envisioning. I'm just doing a thought experiment towards how the Right will try and cope with the fact that, as a whole, the world is becoming more educated. The internet has made the world much smaller and easier to take in.
                  I don't care what they do; what they do is not important. I care that we finally stop coddling them. The Right has never been called on their bullsh-t in the public square. We have always had to tread carefully around their superstitions and bigotries. Through all history it was regarded as too much trouble to call the animals on their idiocy. But they are an existential threat to civilization. We need to start to embrace our culture. These farm animals are no longer worth the cost of keeping them.

Last edited by Kepler; 06-30-2022, 01:32 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Happening all over the country. Almost all the same tune...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk_9tp7PNdA
                    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• NEW: Texas educator group proposes referring to slavery as “involuntary relocation” in second grade curriculum
                      https://twitter.com/brianlopeztx/sta...97707054956544
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• The MNGOP is upset because they are so stupid they didn't realize they accidentally legalized 5mg of edible Marijuana because they didn't understand what "hemp derived " means.

Science *****es!!
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Making life better and being mad about it is very MNGOP.
                          Last edited by state of hockey; 07-01-2022, 12:20 AM.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

• This is true
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• So wait, what's enough to get someone high, on average? 5 mg? 10?
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                So wait, what's enough to get someone high, on average? 5 mg? 10?
                                Depends on body tolerance and metabolism.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X