X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    The GQP candidate in MI for SOS is basically Candace Owens on 'roids, and Owens is basically a fourth rate Ann Coulter.

I remember when the MI GOP was semi-respectable. In the light of current candidates for state office, Engler, Snyder, and Schuette look rather tame.
    That's what happens when you let the social con loons takeover the party. I suspect higher profile guys like Chatfield are holding out for a 2024 Senate bid if Stabenow retires (though she will only be 73 or 74, so still young for the Dems).

Michigan GOP in disarray!11!!!

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    In a never ending saga to complete the Alaska Legislature’s new maps, the redistricting board is being sued… again.

This after they were sued and had their first map thrown out by the court over an obvious gerrymander. The redistricting board responded by trying the same thing with a new tactic.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    The GQP candidate in MI for SOS is basically Candace Owens on 'roids, and Owens is basically a fourth rate Ann Coulter.

I remember when the MI GOP was semi-respectable. In the light of current candidates for state office, Engler, Snyder, and Schuette look rather tame.
    Last edited by MissThundercat; 04-27-2022, 11:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Can't wait for the first teammate to come out and say he dropped the N bomb in the locker room

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Yes Matt birk, whatever did you mean?

https://twitter.com/minnesotadfl/sta...cWsoOYOD94FmAw
    One of those things is not like the others. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Yes Matt birk, whatever did you mean?

https://twitter.com/minnesotadfl/sta...cWsoOYOD94FmAw

Leave a comment:

• Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    The laws don't even go into effect until summer 2023, right? So this was designed to get headlines and attention and will probably be overturned in the next 6-8 months. The reality is that this is a horrendous deal for Disney and the state, at least implemented in such a crazy short timeline, and everyone except the mouth breathers know this.

You could make a strong argument that these agreements are total bull****, but no one is making that argument; this is purely retaliatory that Disney stopped kissing the ring.
    As I said in the other thread - once Disney stopped paying the bribes to the GQP there is no reason to not try and kill them.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    You guys really think they’ll replace Disney World in one place? They’ll just do it in the aggregate at the other parks, especially Anaheim, France, and Shanghai.
    Sorry, I thought my imaginary sky diety mention was scarcastic enough to come through - my bad. But I would love to see all the heads explode if it did actually move to Mexico.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    The laws don't even go into effect until summer 2023, right? So this was designed to get headlines and attention and will probably be overturned in the next 6-8 months. The reality is that this is a horrendous deal for Disney and the state, at least implemented in such a crazy short timeline, and everyone except the mouth breathers know this.

You could make a strong argument that these agreements are total bull****, but no one is making that argument; this is purely retaliatory that Disney stopped kissing the ring.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

US Virgin Islands. Turn it into another Hawaii.
    Oh joy, st thomas— the Cleveland of the Caribbean

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Yeah, look for Disney to announce that “they’re testing new improvements” in Anaheim and Paris that maybe will be brought to Disney World “soon”.

They might improve things at Castaway Cay too.
    Also, I think they will do something with cruises as you said earlier I believe. Maybe discuss finding "new and exciting ports of call" that just so happen to be outside of Flo(R)ida.

Hell one of the reps here joked DW would look nice next to the Mall of America ;^)

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Yep. And they don't have to do it on any timeline other than their own.

Flo(R)ida needs Di$ney 10000x more than Di$ney needs Flo(R)ida.
    Yeah, look for Disney to announce that “they’re testing new improvements” in Anaheim and Paris that maybe will be brought to Disney World “soon”.

They might improve things at Castaway Cay too.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    You guys really think they’ll replace Disney World in one place? They’ll just do it in the aggregate at the other parks, especially Anaheim, France, and Shanghai.
    Yep. And they don't have to do it on any timeline other than their own.

Flo(R)ida needs Di$ney 10000x more than Di$ney needs Flo(R)ida.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I hear there's a recently vacated secret island down there that is known for hosting all sorts of children

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    LOL. Disney is going to pack up the small city it has in central Florida and relocate it to Cuba or Mexico. If Disney wanted a theme park in Mexico it would already have one. But diplomatic relations with Cuba are excellent with a solid history. Can't see a problem there.

Vegas won't work because it would cannibalize the park in Anaheim. Preferably this mythical place would be east of the Mississippi. And in America. And someplace this Don't Say Gay and other political BS aren't going to be a factor.

So 40+ square miles of real estate
    Good weather year round
    80000 employees
    In the United States
    East of the Mississippi
    Near easy transportation
    Agreeable business and political climate

Leave a comment:

Working...
X