Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States: Where We Wish Texas Would Secede Already

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

    How much did Abbot's stunt cost the rail industry? How much did it cost Mexico? What's the likelihood it happens again? How much would it cost to ensure there are better options?

    Also worth noting that El Paso borders not just Mexico, it borders New Mexico as well. Hell, the metro area is in all three. So it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to say, you know, maybe we could build it so that it's close to the major industrial cities of Juarez and El Paso. And it' not that hard to imagine them saying, maybe we could do it on the new mexico side.
    That makes even less sense though.

    I believe there are six current railroad access points between Mexico and the U.S. One in California, one in Nogales, AZ, and four in Texas (Brownsville, Laredo, Eagle Pass and El Paso). I believe those six entry points are utilized by the Union Pacific and Kansas Southern railroads.

    Why would any of them (or the federal government) build a second entry point on the west side of El Paso (in the New Mexico part, as you point out) when they've already got one in the Texas part of El Paso. You think Delta is going to push for and pay for a second international airport, this time in Hudson, Wisconsin?
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

    Comment


    • It only makes less sense of you knew there was a major rail hub outside of El Paso
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

      Comment


      • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        It only makes less sense of you knew there was a major rail hub outside of El Paso
        Like one owned by BNSF in Santa Teresa, NM i posted about a page back?

        Huh. Well look at that.... https://www.krwg.org/regional/2016-1...-rail-crossing
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

        Live Radio from 100.3

        Comment


        • Originally posted by aparch View Post

          Like one owned by BNSF in Santa Teresa, NM i posted about a page back?

          Huh. Well look at that.... https://www.krwg.org/regional/2016-1...-rail-crossing
          Five years later, still studying it, eh?
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

            Five years later, still studying it, eh?
            Tell me you don't know how construction phases work, without telling me you don't know how construction phases work.

            I see you went first.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

            Live Radio from 100.3

            Comment


            • Originally posted by aparch View Post

              Tell me you don't know how construction phases work, without telling me you don't know how construction phases work.

              I see you went first.
              Ok, I give. It's a silly debate anyway.

              Look, I understand you guys all desperately want this story to be true on some sort of bad karma for Texas basis. That's fine. I don't live in Texas or New Mexico, and have no plans to ever do so. I really don't care what either state does, politically, to enhance or detract from its own financial well-being.

              All I will say is that ultimately this will come down to money. Private companies in the US are going to be asked to make decisions, and they will do so not on the basis of politics, but on the basis of money. Sorry.

              If the money works out and one of these railroads builds a brand new border crossing station five miles west of El Paso to spite the Texas governor, fine, I'll come back here and you guys can yank my chain all you like. And the benefit of your position is that you'll never have to make the same concession. You can keep claiming they're studying it. See, you win.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

              Comment


              • It appears to be building up since that study...
                https://ironhorseresources.com/santa...way-rail-park/

                https://www.up.com/customers/within-...resa/index.htm

                https://nmpartnership.com/new-mexico...s-with-mexico/

                You can thank Obama for this facility being ready: https://www.bizjournals.com/albuquer...6/daily42.html


                it appears the hang up has been how Mexico railways are operated. If the delays in Texas are causing problems with today's just-in-time shipping. Spending the money studied for years to bypass ElPaso might be better than parked trains awaiting a senseless double inspection.

                https://www.abqjournal.com/438430/me...nm-border.html
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

                Live Radio from 100.3

                Comment


                • New Hampshire rep seems unstable

                  https://twitter.com/colingbooth/stat...Rdbwi_38-XVoLA

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    Just like Madison drew it up.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

                      Ok, I give. It's a silly debate anyway.

                      Look, I understand you guys all desperately want this story to be true on some sort of bad karma for Texas basis. That's fine. I don't live in Texas or New Mexico, and have no plans to ever do so. I really don't care what either state does, politically, to enhance or detract from its own financial well-being.

                      All I will say is that ultimately this will come down to money. Private companies in the US are going to be asked to make decisions, and they will do so not on the basis of politics, but on the basis of money. Sorry.

                      If the money works out and one of these railroads builds a brand new border crossing station five miles west of El Paso to spite the Texas governor, fine, I'll come back here and you guys can yank my chain all you like. And the benefit of your position is that you'll never have to make the same concession. You can keep claiming they're studying it. See, you win.
                      Gets caught with pants down on a “silly” debate he started, then proceeds to tell us something all of us already know: it’s all about the money. It’s the schadenfreude we’re hoping for. Money is all those fuckwits care about, so if they somehow play a role in fucking themselves out of it, fantastic.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by psych View Post

                        Gets caught with pants down on a “silly” debate he started, then proceeds to tell us something all of us already know: it’s all about the money. It’s the schadenfreude we’re hoping for. Money is all those fuckwits care about, so if they somehow play a role in fucking themselves out of it, fantastic.
                        Nah. Just an allocation of time resources. Rather than spending time in this thread every six months for the 25 years or so I have left asking you guys when we can expect to see your Mexican-Winnipeg express, I’ll spend it doing…..nothing.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          Nah. Just an allocation of time resources. Rather than spending time in this thread every six months for the 25 years or so I have left asking you guys when we can expect to see your Mexican-Winnipeg express, I’ll spend it doing…..nothing.
                          And.....continuing to come back here and post in threads that you don't care about.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

                          Comment


                          • https://twitter.com/AP/status/1522737739627704320

                            Texas Gov. Greg Abbott is raising the idea of challenging a 1982 U.S. Supreme Court ruling that upheld the right to a public education for all students regardless of legal status.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

                            "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

                            Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                            Comment


                            • Force them to be born and then don't educate them. Usually the GOP was a little more subtle about needing an army of morons.

                              Cornell '04, Stanford '06


                              KDR

                              Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

                              Test to see if I can add this.

                              Comment


                              • Yeah I put that in the sc thread a day ago. All part of the plan

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X