​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Michigan:

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    The state that made it easy to sue a teacher into oblivion for teaching kids about slavery or the existence of gay people is wondering why they can't find any teachers: https://www.texastribune.org/2022/03...-tea-teachers/

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    That's beautiful.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Now this is a fun Matt birk tweet from todays state hockey tourney

https://twitter.com/jessrmyers/statu...222832641?s=21

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Now this is a fun Matt birk tweet from todays state hockey tourney

https://twitter.com/jessrmyers/statu...222832641?s=21

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Republicans commit their voters in their churches.

We have to do the same. What is liberal church? Colbert?
    The congregation we attended while raising our children, a hybrid of Free Thinkers and Unitarian, is extremely liberal. Sunday speakers included people like Annie Gaylor and a wiccan priestess. The iconic Jesus picture in the basement was of Thomas Paine. It had a lot of rural and small town members, but I'm not sure it could have survived more than a half-hour drive from Madison. And that's the problem.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    I'm less optimistic about MN than handy. He's generally not wrong. But I thino, at least on short term, it's trending conservative. Long term it goes hard blue again.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Republicans commit their voters in their churches.

We have to do the same. What is liberal church? Colbert?
    Principia

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

Birk used to be center for the Vikings. We've all been told he's smart cuz he went to Harvard.
    I’m not sure he wants oppo research to dig around like they always do. Although Minnesota nice we probably won’t go there

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    All good information, thank you.

VA scared the hell outta me, NGL. That and I have a feeling GA is due for a big relapse, by hook or by crook.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Not from the media, coulda sworn it was from you guys worrying.

I'm glad if it isn't true. I worry that states with large rural populations are always at risk. cf. Ohio. There are cities there too, but the bumblefucks won. Florida too. Pennsylvania always on the edge.
    Some around here worried (not me) because a couple polls came out showing Smith was vulnerable much like a lot of Dem Senators were vulnerable in Blue/Purple states. (none of whom lost BTW in fact I am not sure any of them had much of an issue) Then same BS polling showed Omar in trouble. (she has more risk than anyone which I mentioned at the time and it would take a lot for her to lose) The problem was the polling was a joke. In fact I think dx started breaking it down by crosstabs on here and it was hilariously bad. In the end Smith never sweat, Omar smoked her primary and her general and Biden went back to the normal margin in this state.

The demographics just don't work. As Scooby said the Red areas are getting darker red but there is just not many people there. The Blue areas are only getting Bluer as well and they eat up the majority of the population. A lot of these areas are some of the most progressive in the country when it comes to voting record and unlike some other places they vote early and in high numbers. The MNGOP really needs someone to work on the calculus of this because they keep doubling down on a hand that is a loser. They are that moron that plays roulette and keeps betting Black over and over because sooner or later it has to hit...

Best example was back when the MNGOP tried to trick the voters into voting against Marriage Equality. Leaving aside the tricky wording they used to try and fool voters (which failed miserably cause everyone knew the amendment was to ban Gay marriage despite the wording) the truth was the numbers were so not in their favor it didn't matter. Even if every Red Voter voted for it it would take depressed voting in The Cities to have a shot. I drove home from work that night and saw 15 minutes before poll closing that there was a line 3 blocks long at a voting spot in Minneapolis and knew it was over. In the end it lost by 200k votes (almost 4%) and it could have ended up worse.

I am not saying it can't happen cause of course it can. But if the MNGOP wants to win the Governors race they need someone who is likable and not crazy. Running a dude who was responsible for members of his party and family getting COVID and some dying won't do it. Running Trump Disciples and "Election Fraud" believers won't do it. Being Anti-LGBTQ+ won't do it. Best shot is to run a Reagan or Bush type GOPer...not that any exist in that party anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by rufus View Post

Except Minnie ain't running Terry Mac.
    That is a good point.

Just think of that election as Hillary 2.0.

I hope the Clintonistas are all dead now.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied

Oh, man, does this sound like Virginia in 2020.

Be careful.
    Except Minnie ain't running Terry Mac.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Stop listening to the media.
    Not from the media, coulda sworn it was from you guys worrying.

I'm glad if it isn't true. I worry that states with large rural populations are always at risk. cf. Ohio. There are cities there too, but the bumblefucks won. Florida too. Pennsylvania always on the edge.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X