X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Predators. Groomers. Pedophiles.
    It's ALL. PROJECTION.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Idaho lawmaker convicted of raping a 19 year old intern.

next up, nomination for sc

https://twitter.com/ap/status/152012...n_1Y6TpsxNOOTg
        Pedocons
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• As someone who would much prefer Mills it sounds to me like this is setting up for LePage to win big: https://www.pressherald.com/2022/04/...demic-biden-2/
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            As someone who would much prefer Mills it sounds to me like this is setting up for LePage to win big: https://www.pressherald.com/2022/04/...demic-biden-2/
            Where did you get that impression from? Surely you don’t fall for their convention spew which is solely aimed at the feeble minded? So, don’t be one…
            LeRage would still be selling discount items as a drunk shopkeeper if not for Cutler running as an independent. He will be lucky to break 40% of votes in a head to head with Mills.
            $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
            Just win.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              As someone who would much prefer Mills it sounds to me like this is setting up for LePage to win big: https://www.pressherald.com/2022/04/...demic-biden-2/
              Only if you get your ideas about politics from Chuck Todd.

The devolution of the Republicans into Nazism has made our political distribution bimodal, not Gaussian. Concern tropes like "the center will be scared away from the Dems" ignore that (1) there is no longer a center, and (2) neither chunk of the electorate can be moved anymore. We are now fascist vs anti-fascist. The only people traversing that divide are the mentally ill (Obama-Dump voters) and people so alienated from politics they will vote for anybody who promises to blow it all up (Sanders-Dump voters).

Last edited by Kepler; 05-01-2022, 09:17 AM.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Only if you get your ideas about politics from Chuck Todd.

The devolution of the Republicans into Nazism has made our political distribution bimodal, not Gaussian. Concern tropes like "the center will be scared away from the Dems" ignore that (1) there is no longer a center, and (2) neither chunk of the electorate can be moved anymore. We are now fascist vs anti-fascist. The only people traversing that divide are the mentally ill (Obama-Dump voters) and people so alienated from politics they will vote for anybody who promises to blow it all up (Sanders-Dump voters).

The people who don’t think there is a center are people who are hardcore into politics. There are a lot of people who are busy living their lives and don’t pay much attention.

Lepage will do well for a few different reasons. The obvious one is a decent amount of people will vote for him just for being a republican. Covid is going to hurt Mills(and incumbents everywhere) even though she did a great job for the most part. Lowering income taxes will appeal to a lot of voters, Maine is a poor state will a pretty high tax burden and cost of living.

It pains me to say this but I think the parents bill of rights and school issues will heavily favor LePage as well. It seems like the Republicans have a clear message and plan, which is appealing to a lot of parents, and the democrats don’t. This is an area where Lepage will pick off a decent amount of people who would have otherwise voted for Mills.

Comment

• I hate to say it but Drew is right...anyone who talks to anybody that isn't hardcore into politics (on either side) knows the center still exists they just dont make as much of a fuss and as such are ignored.

And Kepler you should know better, you literally call anyone to the right of you a centrist ;^) Hard to have a "centrist" without a "center". :^p
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    I hate to say it but Drew is right...anyone who talks to anybody that isn't hardcore into politics (on either side) knows the center still exists they just dont make as much of a fuss and as such are ignored.

And Kepler you should know better, you literally call anyone to the right of you a centrist ;^) Hard to have a "centrist" without a "center". :^p
                    I think people less into politics are more tribal, not less. Politics isn't about political beliefs anymore, it's purely identity. One group is white nationalist gun-fondler fundy, everyone else is Other. Right and Left don't have any meaning. For half the population they never did... but now that's 90%, including Members.

How is somebody moving into or out of the GOP now, without brain surgery?

Last edited by Kepler; 05-01-2022, 11:43 AM.
                    Cornell University

Comment

• https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/sta...00004776022021

NEW: Texas is now losing out on a rail line from Mexico because of Greg Abbott’s border stunt— Mexico’s Economy Minister said, “We’re now not going to use Texas. We can’t leave all the eggs in one basket and be hostages to someone who wants to use trade as a political tool.”
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post

Where did you get that impression from? Surely you don’t fall for their convention spew which is solely aimed at the feeble minded? So, don’t be one…
                        LeRage would still be selling discount items as a drunk shopkeeper if not for Cutler running as an independent. He will be lucky to break 40% of votes in a head to head with Mills.
                        Yeah and Gideon was going to crush everyones favorite Susie.
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• There are a lot of "moo" types in America who don't care about politics as long as they and their family have a roof, clothes, and food. We are one of the few countries in the world where lazy and selfish people have the luxury of not caring about voting and politics, and instead sit at home and whine about the two-party system or whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            There are a lot of "moo" types in America who don't care about politics as long as they and their family have a roof, clothes, and food. We are one of the few countries in the world where lazy and selfish people have the luxury of not caring about voting and politics, and instead sit at home and whine about the two-party system or whatever.
                            "Nobody ever does anything to fix our problems"
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I think people less into politics are more tribal, not less. Politics isn't about political beliefs anymore, it's purely identity. One group is white nationalist gun-fondler fundy, everyone else is Other. Right and Left don't have any meaning. For half the population they never did... but now that's 90%, including Members.

How is somebody moving into or out of the GOP now, without brain surgery?

I think there’s reams of research out there that point to the exact opposite conclusion of your first sentence. Your second sentence speaks to most of the informed population. There are a few holdouts left, like Drew and Hovey, who are as informed as the rest of us on this board and vote both parties, rather than just stay home on Election Day.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

I think there’s reams of research out there that point to the exact opposite conclusion of your first sentence. Your second sentence speaks to most of the informed population. There are a few holdouts left, like Drew and Hovey, who are as informed as the rest of us on this board and vote both parties, rather than just stay home on Election Day.
                                I don’t want to speak for others but the party means less for me than the candidates in a lot of cases. At this point I’m much more inclined to vote Democrat but if folks from out of state try to shove someone like Sara Gideon down my throat I’m probably not going to vote for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X