X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    And as a teacher I know trained teachers who are worthless.
    The dumbest thing ever written on this board will not be by a Republican.

That is remarkable.

If this is what you truly think I suggest you are an incomparably terrible teacher who should find another line of work.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post

So we don't need teachers to have taken any training in, you know, teaching?
    I know people who taught with less training. (in supposedly smarter states) And as a teacher I know trained teachers who are worthless.

Look in an ideal world this wouldn't happen but when there are shortages even in Blue States like mine something needs to be done. We either fill the positions or public schools go under. Throwing a bone to vets is not the worst of all options here and I will take it over the alternatives that DeathSantis could put in place.

Of course if school districts weren't underfunded and teachers paid commensurate with the job they do none of this would be an issue anyways. But people just don't like paying taxes so...

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    As I said the last time this came up, I honestly dont have much of an issue with the Flo(R)ida plan if the vet passes the skills test and are making progress towards their degree. They should have to take a psych eval too though.
    So we don't need teachers to have taken any training in, you know, teaching?

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    As I said the last time this came up, I honestly dont have much of an issue with the Flo(R)ida plan if the vet passes the skills test and are making progress towards their degree. They should have to take a psych eval too though.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Cue Looney Tunes theme.

https://www.thelist.com/969599/ron-d...er-in-a-tizzy/

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied
    Keep Hope Alive

(and your shiv sharp)
    Last edited by burd; 08-17-2022, 08:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Hasn't the GOP managed to end voting for college students? I mean, young and smart -- talk about a Venn diagram of people they want to disenfranchise.
    Haven’t they been the bread and butter for Democrat organizers for the same reason?

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    I wonder what the numbers are across the other states?

It’ll also be interesting to see the numbers in a month or two as colleges start back up.
    Hasn't the GOP managed to end voting for college students? I mean, young and smart -- talk about a Venn diagram of people they want to disenfranchise.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Yeah I posted that yesterday in the mid terms thread. It’s a positive sign, although I have some doubts about Ohio
    I don't. I am not sure it will be enough but Kansas shows even rural women are ticked off and motivated now.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied

From his thread:

I wonder what the numbers are across the other states?

It’ll also be interesting to see the numbers in a month or two as colleges start back up.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Yeah I posted that yesterday in the mid terms thread. It’s a positive sign, although I have some doubts about Ohio

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Keep it coming!
    From his thread:

Originally posted by Tom Bonier
    In Pennsylvania, among those voters who have registered to vote since June 24th, women outnumber men by a shocking 17 pts margin. For reference, among all registrants in PA, women outnumber men by only a 4 pt margin.

It's not just PA though. Our report pointed out the surge in women voters in MI and WI as well since June 24th. But we have fresh data in another key state - Ohio, where the share of women among new registrants since Dobbs was 11 pts over men, as compared to <3 pts prior to 6/24.

As I noted after KS: we are seeing early signs of what could lead to a huge increase in women voting in November. These registration patterns closely resemble that of younger voters in '18 post-Parkland, which fueled the blue wave that year. This surge is young and female.

One more to add to the list here - in North Carolina, since the Dobbs decision was handed down on 6/24, women are outperforming men by a 7 pt share margin among new registrants.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Keep it coming!

Tom Bonier @tbonier

Remember the surge in registration among women voters in KS leading up to the vote 2 weeks ago? We released a new report today showing increasing proportions of women among new registrants in other key states, all since the Dobbs decision on June 24th.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Such a middle of the road guy. It's no wonder independent voters afraid of CRT voted for him.
    Hopefully he helps ensure this doesn’t happen again. I think people are realizing quickly that he’s just like trump.

was happy to see some ads on tv last night talking to women and ob gyns and overlaying jensens voice saying he wants to ban abortion. That scum has tried to backpedal saying he’d support exceptions for incest amd rape but we know he won’t- he just started saying that when he realized it was important to his survival

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Youngkin traveling to campaign for bat **** crazy R candidates

https://twitter.com/7newsdc/status/1...GR8yKF7Gml7PaA
    Such a middle of the road guy. It's no wonder independent voters afraid of CRT voted for him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X